Cancun Yucatan Resort to undergo $14 million renovation programme
Club Med has announced that it will be transforming the Cancun Yucatan Resort in Mexico. The all inclusive resort will undergo $14 million worth of renovations which are scheduled to be completed by the summer of 2014. The property has been voted as one of the top hotels for family holidays in Cancun and Mexico by TripAdvisor members.
Club Med has revealed that it will be spending $14 million on the transformation of one of its Mexico resorts. The Cancun Yucatan Resort will undergo an extensive renovation and refurbishment programme which is scheduled to be completed by summer, 2014.
The all inclusive resort is a popular choice for families visiting Cancun and it was voted as one of the "Top Family Hotels" in Mexico by TripAdvisor members.
Nestled between three white sandy beaches and a sparkling turquoise lagoon, the Cancun Yucatan Resort was designed in 1976 and the transformation will update the decor and furnishings as well as expand spaces and add extra guest rooms and suites.
Plans for the refurbishment programme include the addition of 60 new stylish beachfront family accommodation options including 30 Family Club Rooms and 30 Family Deluxe Rooms. The rooms will boast panoramic views of the turquoise ocean, private terraces, and master bedrooms with a separate room for the children.
Families can take advantage of early summer savings for their holidays to Cancun if they book breaks early for travel between 3rd May and 25th October, 2014.
A new Petit Club Med for 2 and 3 year olds will be added to the choice of Kids Clubs at the Cancun hotel and it will be themed around "Red Feather", the pirate bird and his merry band of sailors.
While the little ones are playing in the Kids Clubs, parents can enjoy some downtime during their holidays at the new "Maya Lounge" which will include a lounge, bar and nightclub.
One of the Cancun hotel's restaurants, Las Cazuelas, will be redesigned and will feature two new buffet areas and additional seating options, and the new Argentinean Grill and wine cellar, the La Estancia, will be introduced.
The Club Med Cancun Yucatan is a luxurious all inclusive beach resort located on 22 acres of tropical land on a private peninsula. Holidaymakers can enjoy a wide range of activities throughout their holidaysn such as tennis, windsurfing, sailing, waterskiing, wakeboarding, a flying trapeze, fitness classes, tours to the nearby ancient Mayan ruins, and snorkelling or scuba diving adventures in the crystal clear waters.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Mexico and Cancun Browse all
At Now Sapphire Riviera Cancun, you will experience unlimited all inclusive luxury 24 Hours a day - it's the holiday of a lifetime
- Book now and save for travel between May - October 2019 and enjoy an upgrade to a Preferred Club Junior Suite Ocean Front
- Unlimited-Luxury with gourmet dining and premium beverages in a choice of six reservation-free restaurants and five stylish bars
- Enjoy endless activities - from kayaking to snorkelling, windsurfing and much more
- Pamper yourself with innovative treatments at the Now Spa by Pevonia
Enjoy sweeping ocean views from your room, indulge in unlimited inclusions and soak up the best of Cancun at an unforgettable resort
- Book now and save for travel between May - October 2019 and enjoy an upgrade to a Preferred Club Deluxe Ocean View
- Set on a pristine stretch of private white sand fringing the Caribbean Sea, in the popular hotel district of the city
- Every luxury is included in the package - top-shelf spirits, gourmet meals, snacks and a great programme of day and night activities, including various water-sports
- Boutique-style guestrooms with ocean views and luxury amenities
Use up to $2000 resort credit to indulge in spa treatments, golf sessions or a selection of excursions that will make your Cancun holiday truly unforgettable.
- Duran Duran in concert at Moon Palace on 29th December (tickets additional cost)
- Winner of the Trip Advisor 2015 Travellers Choice Award
- Enjoy the impressive $2000 Resort Credit per booking that you can spend on golf, spa treatments, dolphin swims, visit to Chichen Itza, Express Tour of Tulum, Family fun days out at the Wet 'N' Wild Waterpark and much more
- Whether you are looking for an active holiday or a relaxing break, Moon Palace Resort is an ideal destination for travellers of all ages
Escape and indulge yourself at the recently opened Secrets The Vine, a haven of natural beauty and elegance on the shores of the Yucatan Peninsula
- Book now and save for travel between May - October 2019 and enjoy an upgrade to a Preferred Club Junior Suite Ocean View
- Signature element of wine with a winery including over 3000 varieties of wine
- Unlimited-Luxury® privileges include gourmet dining at 6 restaurants, a poolside grill, a cafe and unlimited top-shelf spirits at 6 bars and lounges
- Stay in an adults-only ultra deluxe beachside haven in the heart of Cancun sure to provide the perfect base for a great holiday
If you're searching for the perfect combination of beach fun and natural discovery, look no further than Occidental at...
Have the dreamiest of getaways at the magnificent, ultra all-inclusive Dreams Sands Cancun and make the most of the...
Take a holiday to the Caribbean resort of Cancun in Mexico. In the magnificent Moon Palace Cancun you will be perfectly...
Whether you're looking for a fun holiday with your family, a romantic getaway with your partner or a lively trip with...
Playacar is simply one of the most scintillating stretches of coastline in Mexico, if not the world. At Allegro Playacar...
For the ideal combination of natural beauty and fun-filled activities, look no further than Sunscape Sabor Cozumel....