Hotusa Group makes debut in Cuba with opening of Eurostars Cayo Santa Maria
Travellers planning to visit Cuba will now have a new luxurious hotel to choose from after Eurostars Cayo Santa Maria opened its doors last week. The five star hotel is located on the popular island of Cayo Santa Maria in the Jardines del Rey archipelago and has 836 villa-type rooms and 18 suites, all with verandas and guests will have access to a white sand beach and an array of upscale facilities.
The Hotusa Hotels Group has announced the opening of a new five-star hotel complex on the island of Cuba. Eurostars Cayo Santa Maria just opened its doors to tourists last week and it is the first Hotusa property on the Caribbean island.
The luxury property has 836 spacious villa-type guest rooms and 18 suites with verandas and colourful decor. The hotel's facilities include two swimming pools, six gourmet restaurants, each offering different cuisine; a yacht club; a sport club and modern gym; and a children's club.
In Cayo Santa Maria, Cuba, guests can enjoy direct access to a pristine white sandy beach that is fringed with turquoise ocean waters and the resort has a pavilion facing the sea which is perfect for romantic weddings and private events.
The resort is a perfect base for nature holidays where holidaymakers can hike the along the nearby (mainland) Escambray mountain range, visit the hot springs and mineral-medicinal waters of Elguea, or go scuba diving in crystal clear ocean waters.
Cayo Santa Maria is an island located in the Jardines del Rey archipelago, north of Cuba. The island barely stretches two kilometres in width but it boasts 11 kilometres of pristine beaches. It is accessible via the 48 km causeway which connects to the area of Caibarien, in the province of Villa Clara.
The Jardines del Rey archipelago is one of Cuba's most popular tourist destination and it home to azure, crystal clear water and an impressive barrier reef system. The area offers superb conditions for scuba diving and visitors can experience sightings of an array of marine species including nurse sharks, stingrays, green morays, sea turtles, jewfish, Atlantic spadefish, barracuda, jacks, tuna, tarpon, grunts, snappers, red hinds, parrotfish, triggerfish, squirrelfish, lobsters, crabs, and shrimps.
The Hotusa Hotels Group operates seven other hotels on the American continent, including two in the United States, three in Mexico, one in Argentina, one in Brazil and new properties are planned for Colombia.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 19:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Lifelong memories await for you in the pristine beaches of Varadero and one of Havana's most iconic hotels
- Indulge in a number of all-inclusive restaurants at Iberostar Tainos, from delicious Japanese cuisine to international fine-dining experiences
- Capture the 1950's swing vibe when staying at Habana Riviera Hotel steeped in history with the lobby bar in particular having a genuine 50's atmosphere
- Why not to upgrade your arrival transfer to an american vintage car for an extra £19 per person
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana, staying in the residence of the 'stars', with a relaxing beach holiday in Cuba's world famous resort, Varadero
- Nacional De Cuba hotel is considered a symbol of history, culture and Cuban identity
- Iberostar Laguna Azul offers 15 bars and restaurants, and worldwide cuisines
- Enjoy watersports including windsurfing, sailing, kayaking, paddleboats, and snorkelling
Ideal for trendy couples - stay at a chic and sleek hotel in the heart of vibrant Havana and then move on the shores of Cuba's most famous beach
- Get the honeymoon package with late check out, turn down service, special room upgrade and other services
- Full range of spa treatments for a more relaxing break at Blau Varadero, or a selection of water and land sports to choose from for the more active traveller
- Be swept away by the amazing panoramic views of Havana from the NH Capri's rooftop swimming pool
Fall in love with Havana and its heritage before basking on the pristine shores of Varadero
- Experience the world famous Varadero beach, where white sand is lapped by the azure waters when staying at Melia Varadero
- Stunning hotels in both Havana and Varadero that combine perfectly, offering the best of both worlds for adventure or relaxation
- Little touches to make your holiday extra special, including a welcome cocktail and a bottle of cava upon arrival in Havana and Varadero
Start your Cuban experience at the NH Capri Hotel, one of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the...
Your Cuban experience begins at the memories miramar havana, a 4-star hotel located right at the heart of the classy...
The Iberostar Parque Central Hotel is the perfect place to feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, and will...
Beautifully perched on the panoramic Mensura Hill, surrounded by striking greenery, this blessed and secluded natural...
This enchanting villa hotel is surrounded by exuberant tropical plants and is perfectly located in a high point towering...
Get away to one of Cuba's best kept secrets for a dream holiday at Club Amigo Atlantico. Guardalavaca is known to host...