Abu Dhabi celebrates Eid Al Fitr Festival with family activities and events
This year's Eid Al Fitr festivities will bring a series of treats for families taking holidays to Abu Dhabi. The city will be hosting several events such as music concerts, night markets, extended all opening hours, plus the SummerFest Abu Dhabi Promotion at the Abu Dhabi National Exhibition Centre.
Abu Dhabi will be hosting a series of fun-packed activities and events over the next couple of weeks as SummerFest Abu Dhabi and Eid Al Fitr celebrations take place across the city.
Eid-Al-Fitr is a Muslim holiday that marks the end of the Islamic holy month of fasting, Ramadan, and tourists taking Abu Dhabi holidays will be able to enjoy extended festivities throughout the city during the EidFest Abu Dhabi promotion.
The promotion has been organised by the Abu Dhabi Tourism and Culture Authority to create a "destination festival" that both locals and holidaymakers can enjoy.
Though Eid-Al-Fitr ends on 10th August, 2013, the festivities will continue until 17th August and tourists will be able to enjoy extended mall opening hours, night markets, concerts, and shows, plus the SummerFest Abu Dhabi promotion which will offer entertainment and family-friendly activities in four action-packed halls at the Abu Dhabi National Exhibition Centre (ADNEC).
"Eid is an occasion when visitors and residents alike can come together and share the emirate's social atmosphere and diverse celebrations. Our Eidfest Abu Dhabi campaign has evolved into a stone corner activation to promote Abu Dhabi regionally and internationally as a family holiday destination. With wide-ranging family entertainment activities, promotion offers and unilateral stakeholder support, we have built a platform which will appeal to everyone in Abu Dhabi."
explained Faisal Al Sheikh, the Director of the Events Bureau at TCA Abu Dhabi.
During holidays to Abu Dhabi, younger visitors can get involved in fun and games in ADNEC's LEGO Zone, Heritage Arts and Craft Zone, a 10-metre Extreme Tower bag jump, and Jebel Hafeet - a huge, three-storey Obstacle Course.
The centre will also host the SCOOBY-DOO LIVE! MUSICAL MYSTERIES from August 7th-12th in the 200-seat Show World auditorium.
The city's main shopping malls and centres will extend their opening hours until after midnight to mark the final weeks of SummerFest Abu Dhabi and Eid Al Fitr celebrations.
Yas Island will be hosting a concert and tourists enjoying holidays in Abu Dhabi will have the chance to see performances from Lebanese opera star, Yara; Saudi Arabian, Rabeh Saqer; and UAE superstar, Hussain Al Jassmi.
Ferrari World Abu Dhabi on Yas Island will be holding an event dubbed ‘Light Racers' from 9th to 18th August, 2013 with daily performances from the 2012 America's Got Talent finalist, Lightwire Theatre; Arab's Got Talent winner, Khawater Al Dalam; and parkour and hip-hop dance unit, Urban Grunge.
Abu Dhabi hotels are expected to be packed out so travellers planning to visit the emirate during the religious festival should book rooms as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Abu Dhabi Browse all
Experience the spectacular and beautiful Intercontinental Abu Dhabi
- A landmark hotel, prized for its white sandy beach, marina and variety of restaurants
- Upgrade to All Inclusive package! Call us now!
- Choose from a huge variety of prized buzzing restaurants overlooking the water
Start off your holiday at Al Raha Beach followed by a stay at Tilal Liwa Desert Resort
- Relax in the pool overlooking the Liwa dunes and the vast desert beyond as far as your eye can see
- Enjoy a wide range of unique experiences such as camel riding, desert safari, BBQ, wellness therapy and many more
- Al Raha overlooks a pristine ribbon of private beach, and you'll be within easy access to the Formula 1 theme park and downtown Abu Dhabi
Treat yourself to a twin destination experience like no other in India and Abu Dhabi
- The Hilton Abu Dhabi is only a short stroll away from the Marina Mall and Heritage Village
- Sample tha amazing flavours from 15 award-winning restaurants, lounges and bars in Abu Dhabi
- Visit the impressive Taj Mahal in Agra
Discover the magic of two beautiful destinations in one unforgettable holiday
- The award winning Radisson Blu Hotel & Resort Abu Dhabi Corniche is conveniently located in the heart of the city, 30 minutes from the airport and close to the Marina Shopping Mall
- Experience stunning views over the pure white sands and crystal clear ocean with your nearest and dearest
- Relax, unwind and rejuvenate your mind, body and spirit
Discover the hidden treasure in Abu Dhabi that is Crowne Plaza in Yas Island. It is the ideal accommodation for those...
Acquaint yourself with the luxurious Abu Dhabi lifestyle during a comfy 5-day stay at the Al Raha Beach Hotel....
Al Raha Beach Hotel offers magnificent views of the Arabian Gulf, just a short drive from the city and Abu Dhabi...
Smartline Eriyadu is located in the far North Western edge of the North Male Atoll. The island is perfect for a tropical...
Experience the height of luxurious comfort at the modern deluxe Pearl Rotana, designed to suit the needs of business,...
This stunning 4 star property, Novotel Abu Dhabi Al Bustan hotel, offers guests an ideal base from which to discover Abu...
Stay in Downtown Abu Dhabi and be pampered by Arabian hospitality. The Holiday Inn Abu Dhabi offers excellent service...