Sandals reveals new room category names for its hotels and resorts
Sandals Resorts International has revealed the new room category names for its Sandals and Beaches-branded hotels and resorts throughout the Caribbean. The hotel group operates an array of all inclusive properties for Caribbean holidays in destinations including Jamaica, St Lucia, Antigua, the Bahamas, and Turks and Caicos.
Sandals Resorts International has renamed the room categories for all of its accommodation at its Sandals and Beaches hotels and resorts.
The hotel group is simplifying the titles of guest rooms and suites to make it easier for travel agents and tourists booking Caribbean holidays so they can easily identify the value and amenities of each room type.
"After listening to feedback from travel agents, we realised that creating simplified and intuitive category names helps eliminate confusion in the booking process," explained Gordon ‘Butch' Stewart, the Chairman of Sandals Resorts International.
"We hope the new system helps agents and their clients better understand our options, and provide them with a discernible difference when choosing the best room category based on preferences and expectations."
The new names will apply to each of the Luxury Included® Caribbean hotels and resort under the Sandals and Beaches brand and will be categorised by the room location, any distinguishing features such as Honeymoon or regular, room view, and room size and type.
Sandals Resorts launched its first Caribbean hotel in Montego Bay on the island of Jamaica in November 1981, and since then it has grown into one of the leading hotels groups for luxury holidays to the Caribbean. Over the decades, the group has launched a number of "firsts" in the tourism and hospitality sector such as being the first hotel chain to offer swim-up pool bars, the first to offer satellite TV, and the first to offer personal butlers for guests.
The hotel group operates all inclusive hotels in the Caribbean under three brands: Sandals, Beaches and Grand Pineapple Beach Resorts. Holidaymakers can choose from holidays to the Caribbean in destinations such as Jamaica, St Lucia, Antigua, the Bahamas, and Turks and Caicos.
As well as providing luxury accommodation and facilities for tropical escapes, the hotel group's properties are a favourite for couples planning romantic weddings and honeymoons abroad.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 10:30 - 18:30 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
A resort where there is something for everyone
- FAMILY PACKAGES for a family of 2 adults & 2 kids below 12
- A fantastic all-inclusive programme with great the entertainment options including kids and teen club
- up to 2 children eat and stay for free
Treat your family to an unforgettable adventure at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
- Exciting marine and entertainment attractions that the whole family can enjoy
- Free Half Board with a wide range of dining options
Peace, relaxation and luxury come as standard in this amazing Indian Ocean getaway
- Easy access to the buzzing capital city of Male, where you can extend your experience of the Maldives
- Benefit from water bungalows that allow unfettered access to the ocean waters and feature private sun decks
- The main restaurants’ theme nights highlight cuisines from around the world ranging from Asian to Western dishes
Use up to $2000 resort credit to indulge in spa treatments, golf sessions or a selection of excursions that will make your Cancun holiday truly unforgettable.
- Duran Duran in concert at Moon Palace on 29th December (tickets additional cost)
- Winner of the Trip Advisor 2015 Travellers Choice Award
- Enjoy the impressive $2000 Resort Credit per booking that you can spend on golf, spa treatments, dolphin swims, visit to Chichen Itza, Express Tour of Tulum, Family fun days out at the Wet 'N' Wild Waterpark and much more
- Whether you are looking for an active holiday or a relaxing break, Moon Palace Resort is an ideal destination for travellers of all ages
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Start your holiday at The Melia Habana Hotel, located in the heart of the elegant Miramar district, overlooking the sea....
The Iberostar Parque Central Hotel is the perfect place to feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, and will...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
Situated right at the heart of the Port Rashid district, the Hilton Garden Inn Dubai Al Mina sits ideally between the...
Located in the city centre business district, the DoubleTree by Hilton Ras Al Khaimah combines stylish accommodation and...