Beyonce and Jay-Z celebrate fifth wedding anniversary with Cuba holidays
Only a few weeks ago, the famous couple, Beyonce Knowles and Jay-Z, celebrated their fifth wedding anniversary while relaxing on Cuba holidays. During their stay in the capital, Havana, the A-listers visited some of the most emblematic spots of the city.
A few weeks ago, the famous American pop star, Beyonce Knowles-Carter, along with her husband Jay-Z, her mother Tina Knowles and her mother-in-law Gloria Carter, went on relaxing holidays to Cuba. The 16-time Grammy-winner celebrated her fifth wedding anniversary, which took place 4th April. During their time on the island Beyonce and Jay-Z stayed at one of Havana’s most famous hotels and visited some of the city’s most emblematic sites.
The couple spent their nights at the Saratoga Hotel, located in Old Havana. This establishment, which combines charming early 19th century elements with a tasteful and modern décor as well as first-rate facilities, is one of the top hotels in Havana. One of its most attractive features is the excellent location near the famous Capitol building, and the restaurant-bar El Floridita, which is renowned for being Ernest Hemingway’s favourite bar, as well as the venue where the country’s best daiquiris are served.
Both, Beyonce and Jay-Z took advantage of their city-centre location and toured around Old Havana, while many Cuban fans asked for autographs and pictures. The couple was photographed around Obispo, which is one of the main access points of the colonial heart of the Old Town, and during their tour, they took pictures with local school children and Jay-Z showed his love for Cuban cigars as he puffed away in front of the cameras.
Another one of the hotspots that the A-listers visited, making a huge buzz, was the well-known La Guarida restaurant. Located on the top floor of a spectacularly dilapidated Havana residence, La Guarida is famous for being the setting of the Oscar-nominated Cuban film, Fresa y Chocolate. The dining experience is considered to be one of Havana’s best, with its magnificent blend of Nueva Cocina Cubana (New Cuban Cuisine) into dishes like sea bass in coconut reduction and chicken with honey and lemon sauce. However, this dinner was not the intimate affair Beyonce and Jay-Z had hoped. The over-excited Cuban fans outside the restaurant had to be contained by the police in order to let them calmly enjoy their meal.
The couple also caused a commotion in the US, as two Republican congressmen from Florida questioned their visit to the island, as Cuba holidays are off-limits to all US citizens unless travelling with a special visa or taking a trip to the country strictly under educational purposes.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 19:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Lifelong memories await for you in the pristine beaches of Varadero and one of Havana's most iconic hotels
- Indulge in a number of all-inclusive restaurants at Iberostar Tainos, from delicious Japanese cuisine to international fine-dining experiences
- Capture the 1950's swing vibe when staying at Habana Riviera Hotel steeped in history with the lobby bar in particular having a genuine 50's atmosphere
- Why not to upgrade your arrival transfer to an american vintage car for an extra £19 per person
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana, staying in the residence of the 'stars', with a relaxing beach holiday in Cuba's world famous resort, Varadero
- Nacional De Cuba hotel is considered a symbol of history, culture and Cuban identity
- Iberostar Laguna Azul offers 15 bars and restaurants, and worldwide cuisines
- Enjoy watersports including windsurfing, sailing, kayaking, paddleboats, and snorkelling
Ideal for trendy couples - stay at a chic and sleek hotel in the heart of vibrant Havana and then move on the shores of Cuba's most famous beach
- Get the honeymoon package with late check out, turn down service, special room upgrade and other services
- Full range of spa treatments for a more relaxing break at Blau Varadero, or a selection of water and land sports to choose from for the more active traveller
- Be swept away by the amazing panoramic views of Havana from the NH Capri's rooftop swimming pool
Fall in love with Havana and its heritage before basking on the pristine shores of Varadero
- Experience the world famous Varadero beach, where white sand is lapped by the azure waters when staying at Melia Varadero
- Stunning hotels in both Havana and Varadero that combine perfectly, offering the best of both worlds for adventure or relaxation
- Little touches to make your holiday extra special, including a welcome cocktail and a bottle of cava upon arrival in Havana and Varadero
Start your Cuban experience at the NH Capri Hotel, one of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the...
Your Cuban experience begins at the memories miramar havana, a 4-star hotel located right at the heart of the classy...
The Iberostar Parque Central Hotel is the perfect place to feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, and will...
Beautifully perched on the panoramic Mensura Hill, surrounded by striking greenery, this blessed and secluded natural...
This enchanting villa hotel is surrounded by exuberant tropical plants and is perfectly located in a high point towering...
Get away to one of Cuba's best kept secrets for a dream holiday at Club Amigo Atlantico. Guardalavaca is known to host...