Costa Rica, holiday destination to watch in 2013
Costa Rica's unique blend of natural attractions from volcanoes to rainforests and jungles makes Costa Rica holidays the ideal choice for thrill seekers and nature lovers alike. The nation's tourism industry is well positioned for growth. Partnerships with key international airlines combined with the local tourism board's plans to invest heavily in marketing makes this a destination to watch in 2013.
In many ways Costa Rica is the ideal choice for travellers looking for something off the beaten path, volcanoes, tropical forests, rain forests and rivers make this the ultimate choice for thrill seekers. A report from the Costa Rica Tourism Board (ICT) noted the popularity of the nation's adventure tourism product with over 70 per cent of the travellers booking Costa Rica holidays taking part in activities like canopy, surfing, rafting, kayaking, diving and bungee jumping during the year 2012.
The appeal of Costa Rica's adventure tourism product is such that the ICT have expressed optimism in the nation's soon to be released 2012 tourism figures so much so that they have decided to spend $17 million on marketing in 2013.
Partnerships with key international airlines have also played a role in fueling the ICT's "high expectations" for 2013. Spanish airline, Iberia, currently collaborating with the ICT on a marketing campaign to promote holidays in Costa Rica, announced a six per cent increase in the number of seats it would be offering for Costa Rica flights. Similarly, JetBlue Airways have also announced that they would be increasing operations in Costa Rica with plans to add daily direct flights between Fort Lauderdale and San Jose, Costa Rica as of 27th June 2012.
The increased flights to Costa Rica from key source markets like the US, Spain, France, Germany and potentially China can only mean good things for the local restaurants, tour operators, craftsmen and not to mention the local hotels, all of whom will be looking to set themselves apart from the competition.
The Hotel Blue Conga in Puerto Viejo is certainly one of the Costa Rica hotels with the right formula to attract new guests. Its outstanding customer service, eco friendly approach and tranquil setting make it the ideal choice for anyone hoping to escape from the day-to-day hustle and bustle. Hotel Blue Conga has already proved popular with travelers with one recent review stating, "we were on the corner of a tropical paradise, and everything was green and blue and flowered and quiet... the vegetation and the way the buildings are set up make you feel you might be in a lodge miles deep into the jungle, and that the caretakers simply wandered off to forage for beautiful fruits to arrange on white plates" - this for many is the epitome of the Costa Rica holiday experience.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 10:30 - 18:30 GMT
Popular Holidays In Costa Rica Browse all
Go for the thrills and spills of a naturally rich Central American nation, packed with unforgettable adventures and unique encounters
- Learn more about Costa Rica with the unique experience of the guided hiking tour, Arenal Volcano National Park Nature Walk, Doka Coffee Tour and much more to explore
- Includes a guided hiking tour through the rainforest with a lot to learn about flora, fauna and the volcano's history
- Elegant and comfortable accommodations with quality services that will make your trip an unforgettable experience
You are sure to marvel at nature's treasures in Costa Rica, a paradise of lush forests, crystal coves, fine-sand beaches and exotic wildlife
- Try snorkelling, kayaking, tennis, bocce ball, chess, access to a scuba clinic & more
- Marvel at Costa Rica's array of stunning settings, including forests, volcanic cliffs, beaches.
- Relish unlimited Costa Rican and world cuisines in 4 and restaurants and 4 bars
This holiday offers a fantastic base to explore Costa Rica, or relax in splendid surroundings
- Enjoy long summer days on a secluded beach or discover the rich natural ecology of the area
- Those looking for an active holiday can try horse riding, kayaking, windsurfing, hiking and mountain biking
- Ultimate Savings and upgrades for Summer 2019 when booking before 31st January
An eco-tourist's dream - embark on an amazing journey of discovery with the perfect combination of comfort and adventure in tropical Costa Rica
- Explore the amazing country of Costa Rica and discover all its gems on this in-depth tour with a fabulous beach stay at the end
- Enjoy various activities and exploration on this holiday including river rafting and much more with various optional tours to add
- During this tour you will experience various unique inclusions including a fantastic stay in tented accommodation under the stars in Arenal
With shimmering white beaches and lush tropical jungle, Dreams Las Mareas Costa Rica is the perfect getaway for the...
Explore the tropical paradise that is Costa Rica with it's misty volcanoes, wild rivers and verdant jungles teeming with...
Costa Rica Tropical Adventure allows you to explore the country's many spectacular, natural sights with misty volcanoes,...
Costa Rica is a tropical paradise with misty volcanoes, wild rivers and verdant jungles teeming with wildlife - it's an...
Embrace the rich diversity of Costa Rica and open your eyes to new experiences as you venture to Costa Rica for a...
With a good choice of amenities and perfect location, Occidental Tamarindo is a brilliant holiday choice for families...