Caribbean Travel to re-launch in February to promote the Caribbean
The Caribbean Tourism Development Company has announced that the re-launch of Caribbeantravel.com will be taking place on 28th February, 2013. The site will feature enhanced design and improved search facility that will make it easier for tourists to book Caribbean holidays.
The Caribbean Tourism Development Company has revealed that the anticipated re-launch of Caribbeantravel.com will take place on 28th February. The new website will feature enhanced design and search capability to make it easier for tourists to book Caribbean holidays.
"The Caribbean will now be represented by one voice, by one logo and will let the world know the Caribbean is here to stay," explained Vincent Vanderpool-Wallace, the former minister of tourism for the Bahamas and current consultant for the Caribbean Tourism Development Company (CTDC).
The CTDC was created in 2007 and is jointly owned by the Caribbean Tourism Organization (CTO) and Caribbean Hotel and Tourism Association (CHTA). The purpose of the company is provide a social, commercial and marketing hub to help promote the entire Caribbean region and compete with other long-haul markets rather than directly competing with each other.
The president of the Caribbean Hotel and Tourism Association, Richard Doumeng, recently spoke about the importance of the role the CTDC has in helping the region's nations working together to promote tourism and encourage foreign travellers to book holidays to the Caribbean.
"It is the largest un-owned brand name in the world. We are not fighting with each other anymore. Every warm weather destination on the planet is our competition and we need to bring people back here. That is worth a few percentage points of a tourism authority's budget to allocate toward a regional marketing campaign," he added.
The website is being re-launched to create an online portal where travellers can access information on all of the countries in the Caribbean, 24/7.
Every year, millions of tourists from all over the world take holidays in the Caribbean and the region is also a popular destination for weddings. Made up of an array of island nations, the Caribbean boasts tropical landscapes comprising white and pink sand beaches, turquoise ocean waters, lush forests, soaring mountains and rolling emerald hills.
Holidaymakers can choose from luxury beachfront Caribbean hotels and resorts in Barbados or St Kitts and Nevis; family-friendly resorts in Jamaica and the Bahamas; romantic BandBs in Antigua and Barbuda; and scuba diving resorts in the Cayman Islands or Bonaire.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Caribbean and Costa Rica Browse all
A couples' special - enjoy the perfect mix of history, local culture and laidback beach retreat for the perfect romantic Cuban experience.
- Enjoy all kind of the Spa treatments, water and land sports at Blau Varadero
- Fantastic views to the ocean from the modern and elegant rooms with balcony or terrace
- The perfect location of Blau Varadero beside the pristine sandy beach
The unlimited heaven of tranquillity in a perfect setting
- The luxurious 5 star accommodation ensures a comfortable adventure.
- IBEROSTAR Parque Central Hotel is a great base to discover Havana's historic Old Town.
- Activities throughout the day at IBEROSTAR Varadero Hotel , including aerobics, archery, basketball, beach volleyball, football, kayaking and more.
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
Use up to $2000 resort credit to indulge in spa treatments, golf sessions or a selection of excursions that will make your Cancun holiday truly unforgettable.
- Duran Duran in concert at Moon Palace on 29th December (tickets additional cost)
- Winner of the Trip Advisor 2015 Travellers Choice Award
- Enjoy the impressive $2000 Resort Credit per booking that you can spend on golf, spa treatments, dolphin swims, visit to Chichen Itza, Express Tour of Tulum, Family fun days out at the Wet 'N' Wild Waterpark and much more
- Whether you are looking for an active holiday or a relaxing break, Moon Palace Resort is an ideal destination for travellers of all ages
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Start your holiday at The Melia Habana Hotel, located in the heart of the elegant Miramar district, overlooking the sea....
The Iberostar Parque Central Hotel is the perfect place to feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, and will...
Create unforgettable memories at the heart of Barbados' western coast at a collection of one bedroom apartments. Halcyon...
Beautifully perched on the panoramic Mensura Hill, surrounded by striking greenery, this blessed and secluded natural...
You can enjoy all the aspects of this charming island at Worthing Court Apartment Hotel, as the elegant eco-friendly...