Cuba to be included in the itinerary of luxury cruise holidays by Star Clippers
Cuba will be the new port of call in the 2014 itinerary of Star Clippers' new route to the Caribbean. Banking on the increasing popularity of Cuba holidays, the Monaco-based luxury cruise company has decided to include the island's pristine keys and islets off the province of Cienfuegos as a brand new stop on their Caribbean tours.
A luxury cruise company based in Monaco offering deluxe cruising holiday experiences has recently announced that from 2014 it will include Cuba as a stop in its routes for the first time ever.
During a recent press conference held in London, the owner of the cruise operator, Star Clippers, Mikael Krafft, talked about the appeal of Cuba holidays for cruise passengers and highlighted the island’s potential as an emerging cruise destination. In particular he talked about the beauty and allure of the island’s small cays and archipelago and described them as being ideal for the kind for their customer profile of clients and passengers who travel in the company’s vessels.
Mr Krafft also noted Cuba’s high cultural, historic and architectural attractions as a peculiar Caribbean nation with a lot more to offer visitors than just sea and sand. He also went on to explain how the Caribbean island had an excellent coastline to sail with breathtakingly beautiful and abundant enclave, pristine beaches virtually untouched by mankind and idyllic deserted islets.
Image by: worldtraveller5, on Flickr
Starting from February and March 2014, cruise ships from the Star Clippers’ Star Flyer fleet will be docking at the port of Cienfuegos, an eastern Cuban province that’s already proved popular with other visitors going to enjoy a mix of beach and cultural holidays to Cuba in the region. Once in Cienfuegos, the cruise company will organise round trips to cays and various archipelagos of the island and of other nations in the Caribbean, such as the Dominican Republic and Jamaica.
With an onboard capacity of 170 crew members, Star Clippers’ vessels will also be calling at the port of Casilda, in the quaint colonial city Trinidad (located in south-western Cuba), as part of the itinerary on the tour through the Caribbean Sea from Costa Rica.
The online tourist newspaper of Latin America and the Caribbean, Anecoa, have pointed out that American passengers won’t be able to board these cruises due to the financial and commercial blockade that has been imposed by the U.S. government on Cuba for over half a century now and which doesn't look likely to change in the near future despite ongoing campaigns from American business and pressure groups to do so.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 10:30 - 18:30 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Ideal for trendy couples - stay at a chic and sleek hotel in the heart of vibrant Havana and then move on the shores of Cuba's most famous beach
- Get the honeymoon package with late check out, turn down service, special room upgrade and other services
- Full range of spa treatments for a more relaxing break at Blau Varadero, or a selection of water and land sports to choose from for the more active traveller
- Be swept away by the amazing panoramic views of Havana from the NH Capri's rooftop swimming pool
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana, staying in the residence of the 'stars', with a relaxing beach holiday in Cuba's world famous resort, Varadero
- Discover history and culture in Havana
- 15 restaurants and bars in Varadero
- Enjoy cabartes and live music
Fall in love with Havana and its heritage before basking on the pristine shores of Varadero
- Experience the world famous Varadero beach, where white sand is lapped by the azure waters when staying at Melia Varadero
- Stunning hotels in both Havana and Varadero that combine perfectly, offering the best of both worlds for adventure or relaxation
- Little touches to make your holiday extra special, including a welcome cocktail and a bottle of cava upon arrival in Havana and Varadero
The unlimited heaven of tranquillity in a perfect setting
- The luxurious 5 star accommodation ensures a comfortable adventure.
- Iberostar Parque Central Hotel is a great base to discover Havana's historic Old Town.
- Activities throughout the day at Iberostar Varadero Hotel , including aerobics, archery, basketball, beach volleyball, football, kayaking and more.
Start your Cuban experience at the NH Capri Hotel, one of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the...
Your Cuban experience begins at the memories miramar havana, a 4-star hotel located right at the heart of the classy...
The Iberostar Parque Central Hotel is the perfect place to feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, and will...
Beautifully perched on the panoramic Mensura Hill, surrounded by striking greenery, this blessed and secluded natural...
Get away to one of Cuba's best kept secrets for a dream holiday at Club Amigo Atlantico. Guardalavaca is known to host...
This enchanting villa hotel is surrounded by exuberant tropical plants and is perfectly located in a high point towering...