Alwaleed Investment Group acquires its first hotel in Dubai
The hospitality arm of the Alwaleed Investment Group has recently announced the acquisition of the Splendid Hotel which will now be rebranded as the Alwaleed Palace Hotel. This is said to be the first of many acquisitions as Alwaleed hospitality seeks to build its luxury hotel portfolio in Dubai and take advantage of the ever growing number of people booking Dubai holidays.
The newly formed hospitality unit of the Alwaleed Investment Group has recently announced the acquisition of its very first Dubai hotel. The group has purchased the Splendid Hotel ideally located near the Lamcy shopping centre. The property will now be rebranded as the Alwaleed Palace Hotel Apartments and the 180-room luxury hotel is the first of what the group hopes will be a string of acquisitions as they seek to build their portfolio and meet the needs of current and potential customers interested in booking a luxury Dubai holiday experience.
Chairman of the Al Waleed investment board, Mohammed Abdul Razak Al Mutawa, disclosed that by 2014 the group plans to operate as many as 500 rooms in Dubai and with 2014 just around the corner it comes as no surprise that Al Waleed is rumoured to have set its sights on at least two more purchases in the near future. “Our aim through AlWaleed Hospitality is to focus on providing the best levels of luxury services to our customers,” stated Mr Al Mutawa.
Image by: worldtraveller5,on Flickr
The news comes at a time where industry insiders are confident in the booming hotel industry in Dubai with an ever increasing demand as Dubai holidays continue to grow in popularity across key and emerging source markets.
The sharp rise in the number of travellers booking holidays in Dubai from destinations like China and India coupled with increased flights to Dubai from airlines like Emirates, Flydubai, Eithad Airways and Qatar Airways means that the demand for hotels in Dubai is steadily increasing. “Dubai, should be able to absorb more hotels as the government continues to develop demand generators [like the expansion of airport and harbour capacities and focusing on tourism, trade and logistics]” noted the Managing Director of STR Global Elizabeth Randall.
The Alwaleed Investment Group will undoubtedly be pleased to learn that in Q1 2012, the newly acquired Dubai hotel exceeded the already “healthy performance” they exhibited in 2011. According to hospitality consultancy TRI’S HotStats survey occupancy levels came in at 87 per cent with a 6.6 per cent growth in the average room rate when compared to Q1 2010. By the sounds of things, Alwaleed Investment Group has chosen the ideal time to branch out into Dubai’s hospitality industry.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Dubai Browse all
The location on the world famous Palm Jumeirah, provides superb access to white sandy beaches
- Unlimited access to Wild Wadi Park plus free shuttle service to a selection of Dubai shopping malls
- FREE Half Board upgrade- Dine-around Half Board in over 60 Restaurants and Lounges
- Complimentary UNLIMITED access to Wild Wadi Water Park including shuttle transfer
Intercontinental Mauritius + Hyatt Regency Dubai
- Stay at the Hyatt Regency Dubai, the only hotel with a restaurant that has a 360 degree view
- Intercontinental Mauritius is located on one of the most picturesque parts of the island
- Fantastic selection of facilities and amenities await at the Intercontinental Mauritius, including free Wi-Fi, children's club and fun activities for all ages
Capture the wonders of India before an amazing chance to visit Dubai
- Dubai's only rooftop revolving restaurant
- Experience a typically Indian meal with a Rajasthani family
- Explore the city palace in Jaipur
The perfect twin centre combination of Mauritius & Dubai
- With amazing facilities and stunning views Dubai, what better base to explore this amazing city
- Stunning and peaceful resort on the east coast of Mauritius, boasting bright, fresh and contemporary designs
- Enjoy all watersports including windsurfing, canoes, pedal boats and much more at Solana in Mauritius
Savour the comforts of Atlantis, The Palm and enjoy the stretches of sand and unlimited sunshine. One of the most...
With a gorgeous location on the west crescent of the Palm Jumeirah, Jumeirah Zabeel Saray is an exclusive and...
The luxurious-new InterContinental Mauritius Resort Balaclava Fort overlooks the beaches of the Bay of Balaclava. This...
The stunning Intercontinental Resort Mauritius awaits, overlooking the Bay of Balaclava located on a pristine white...
Situated right at the heart of the Port Rashid district, the Hilton Garden Inn Dubai Al Mina sits ideally between the...
Take a chance to explore the lively Al Barsha district as well as the many attractions Dubai has to offer at DoubleTree...
With all the modern facilities and comforts you would expect from a 4* hotel, this hotel is set within central Al Barsha...