Abu Dhabi Hotels Record Increase in Number of Guests during April 2012
Abu Dhabi's tourism is booming after reports that the month of April saw 196,753 tourists stay in the emirate's hotels and apartments. The figures were released by the Abu Dhabi Tourism & Culture Authority and the number of tourists going on Abu Dhabi holidays is expected to rise again this summer with the launch of a big summer campaign that will give away free flights for children, free hotel rooms and free entry into the city's attractions.
The Abu Dhabi Tourism & Culture Authority (TCA Abu Dhabi) has released figures that show that tourism in the United Arab Emirate is healthy after it received seven per cent more guests staying in the city's hotels and hotel apartments in the month of April this year, compared to the same month in 2011.
The total number of visitors who stayed in the emirate’s hotels while spending Abu Dhabi holidays and the number of travellers who arrived to Abu Dhabi on business trips in April 2012 was recorded at 196,753 and the total number of guest nights also increased by three per cent compared to figures from the previous year, on April 2011.
Revenue from Abu Dhabi hotels increased by four per cent to $108 million and the average stay of a visitor is three nights.
So far this year, Abu Dhabi has received 791,671 hotel guests which marks a 14 per cent increase on the first quarter of 2011. The majority of international tourists coming to Abu Dhabi originate from the United Kingdom and India.
Image by: LeMeridien Hotels, on Flickr
"Overall performance in the first four months of this year has to be viewed positively, certainly if we can maintain guest growth we will reach our annual target of 2.3 million this year - with some important projects coming up later this year to benefit from," explained Mubarak Al Muhairi, the Director General of TCA Abu Dhabi.
"These include September's hosting, at Abu Dhabi National Exhibitions Centre, of the World Routes Development Forum which, it is anticipated, will bring around 3,500 of the top airline, airports and tourism influencers to the city and November's Abu Dhabi Grand Prix which will be quickly followed by Abu Dhabi Art.”
The emirate is expecting to see even more travellers going on holidays to Abu Dhabi this summer after it launched a huge campaign in association with Etihad Airways that will give visitors free flights, free hotel rooms and free entry to tourist attractions.
Image by: Beech Ovens, on Flickr
The Director General added that they will also be encouraging domestic and regional tourists to take holidays in Abu Dhabi this summer and they are working on initiatives that will take place during Ramadan and Eid.
Yas Waterworld Abu Dhabi on Yas Island is expected to open later this year and tourists can enjoy access to a wide range of attractions throughout their holidays in the capital United Arab Emirate including Khalifa Park, Sheikh Zayed Mosque, the Marina Mall, the Abu Dhabi Mall, as well as the waterfront, sandy beaches and lush green parks.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Abu Dhabi Browse all
Experience the spectacular and beautiful Intercontinental Abu Dhabi
- A landmark hotel, prized for its white sandy beach, marina and variety of restaurants
- Upgrade to All Inclusive package! Call us now!
- Choose from a huge variety of prized buzzing restaurants overlooking the water
Enjoy 5 star luxury in the city centre, laze on the hotel's private beach and pop downstairs to the capital's most renowned shopping mall, the Abu Dhabi Mall.
- Ranked within the Top 10 Abu Dhabi Hotels on Tripadvisor
- Sitting in the heart of Abu Dhabi next to the iconic Abu Dhabi Mall
- 9 Restaurants and 2 Cafes offering award-winning cuisine plus Zen the Spa for various treatments
Start off at Al Raha Beach with plenty of shopping options nearby followed by a stay at Tilal Liwa Desert Resort
- Al Raha overlooks a pristine ribbon of private beach, and you'll be within easy access to the Formula 1 theme park and downtown Abu Dhabi
- Enjoy a wide range of unique experiences such as camel riding, desert safari, BBQ, wellness therapy and many more
- Relax in the pool overlooking the Liwa dunes and the vast desert beyond as far as your eye can see
Discover two destination in one unforgettable holiday
- The award winning Hilton Abu Dhabi is conveniently located in the heart of the city, 30 minutes from the airport and close to the marina shopping mall
- Relax, unwind and rejuvenate your mind, body and spirit
- Experience stunning views over the pure white sands and crystal clear ocean with your nearest and dearest
Discover the hidden treasure in Abu Dhabi that is Crowne Plaza in Yas Island. It is the ideal accommodation for those...
Acquaint yourself with the luxurious Abu Dhabi lifestyle during a comfy 5-day stay at the Al Raha Beach Hotel....
Al Raha Beach Hotel offers magnificent views of the Arabian Gulf, just a short drive from the city and Abu Dhabi...
Stay in Downtown Abu Dhabi and be pampered by Arabian hospitality. The Holiday Inn Abu Dhabi offers excellent service...
Experience luxurious accommodations, modern business and leisure amenities and an ideal location in the heart of Abu...
Experience the height of luxurious comfort at the modern deluxe Pearl Rotana, designed to suit the needs of business,...