ME by Melia lifestyle brand to debut with first hotel in Dubai
The Spanish hotel group Melia Hotels International will be opening two new properties in the Middle East after it recently signed deals to introduce the ME by Melia lifestyle brand to Dubai and Doha. Melia launched its first property for Dubai holidays in the city in April this year with the opening of Melia Dubai and the emirate is set to welcome its second property within the next three years.
Melia Hotels International will be opening two new hotels in the Middle East after it signed two deals to introduce its ME by Melia lifestyle brand to Dubai and Doha.
The Spanish hotel group will be developing its second property for Dubai holidays after it made its debut in the city in April this year with the opening of the Melia Dubai.
Melia Hotels International’s Vice-Chairman and CEO, Gabriel Escarrer Jaume, stated: “Melia is the most international of our brands. It is the brand we use the most to get into a new country. Once we have it covered with the Melia product we always reach for the premium segment, so you are the first one to know we have signed a ME by Melia.
“ME is lifestyle concept like the Ws of the world. So we have signed a ME product here in Dubai.”
The exact location of the new Dubai hotel has not yet been revealed but it will be a new-build and it will be developed within the next three years.
Image by: worldtraveller5, on Flickr
Jaume explained that the ME brand is designed to embrace its surroundings and stimulate visual experiences.
The United Arab Emirate is full of iconic Dubai hotels such as the Burj al Arab, Burj Khalifa, and the numerous luxury properties on the manmade Palm Islands.
Jaume added that the Spanish hotel operator will be building two hotels in Qatar, one of which will be a ME by Melia branded-property, and he hinted that Saudi Arabia could be a future destination for the Melia brand.
Image by: IDEE_PER_VIAGGIARE, on Flickr
The CEO concluded: “We have already signed 38 hotels that will be incorporated in the next two and half years - that’s 9000 rooms, more or less 8% of our existing portfolio.”
Every year, millions of international tourists take holidays to Dubai and the city boasts golden beaches, fantastic shopping facilities, gourmet dining options and an array of upscale and unique hotels and resorts.
Image by: IDEE_PER_VIAGGIARE, on Flickr
Some of the emirate’s most popular attractions include the Wild Wadi Water Park; the Burj Khalifa, one of the world’s tallest buildings; the Jumeirah Mosque; Dubai Museum; Dubai Fountain; the traditional Gold Souk; Dubai Marina; the Dubai snow skiing centre; and the Palm Islands.
During holidays in Dubai, visitors can attend annual events in the city such as the Dubai World Cup in March, the UAE Desert Challenge, Dubai Summer Surprises, and the Dubai International Jazz Festival.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Dubai Browse all
Be sinfully self-indulgent and stay at an outrageously luxurious resort on Dubai's exclusive The Palm. You'll be basking in luxury from dawn to dusk.
- Receive complimentary boat transfers to the iconic Dubai Marina or a free shuttle bus to Mall of the Emirates
- Choose to upgrade to an amazing Ultra-All-Inclusive experience in the hotel
- Stay on the famous Palm in Dubai and enjoy stunning views over the skyline
Treat your family to an unforgettable adventure at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
- Exciting marine and entertainment attractions that the whole family can enjoy
- Free Half Board with a wide range of dining options
Intercontinental Mauritius + Hyatt Regency Dubai
- Stay at the Hyatt Regency Dubai, the only hotel with a restaurant that has a 360 degree view
- Intercontinental Mauritius is located on one of the most picturesque parts of the island
- Fantastic selection of facilities and amenities await at the Intercontinental Mauritius, including free Wi-Fi, children's club and fun activities for all ages
The perfect location
- Enjoy All Inclusive in beautiful Mauritius and just unwind at the beach
- Combine the best of two worlds in one journey - relax in Mauritian paradise and experience stunning Dubai
- Experience world-class dining in both incredible countries
The new Sofitel The Palm Dubai epitomizes understated luxury combined with the utmost comfort. Located on Dubai's iconic...
Savour the comforts of Atlantis, The Palm, and enjoy the stretches of sand and unlimited sunshine. One of the most...
With a gorgeous location on the west crescent of the Palm Jumeirah, this exclusive and ultra-deluxe resort delivers...
Situated right at the heart of the Port Rashid district, the Hilton Garden Inn Dubai Al Mina sits ideally between the...
Located in Deira, within old Dubai, the Hilton Garden Inn Dubai Al Muraqabat offers a prime opportunity to explore the...
With all the modern facilities and comforts you would expect from a 4* hotel, this hotel is set within central Al Barsha...