Emirates Launches Enhanced In-Flight Products for Exclusive Experiences on Dubai flights
Emirates, Dubai's leading airline, has announced the launch of the new exclusive Graphical User Interface (GUI) which will make it easier for passengers to access the in-flight entertainments system during flights to Dubai holidays.
Emirates has announced that it will be launching a series of new in-flight product enhancements across its fleet of A380 aircraft over the next few months.
The airline has kicked off the improvements with the launch of the new Graphical User Interface (GUI) which will make it easier for passengers to access the entertainment system during flights to Dubai as they make their way to Dubai holidays or to other of the many destinations across the world that Emirates flies to.
The GUI will be available over the next couple of weeks across all cabin classes on the airline’s fleet of A380 and Boeing 777 aircraft and all of the planes will be upgraded with the world’s leading Panasonic eX2 platform.
“Emirates has been tracking the commercial progress of GUIs, where an ever-expanding array of choices are available to consumers, and we wanted to bring the same experience, look, and feel available on smart phones and tablets to our loyal customers in an aircraft environment,” explained Tim Clark, the President of Emirates airline.
Image by: worldtraveller5, on Flickr
“Emirates has always been committed to continuous innovation of our ice systems and to providing our passengers with a unique and memorable onboard experience.”
As part of a multi-million dollar investment in onboard technology, the airline’s enhanced in-flight products will include larger video screens in all classes on new Boeing 777 aircraft from May 2012, and passengers travelling in First Class and Business Class flights to Dubai and other major cities will have access to a new and improved in-seat telephone handset and Mode Controller.
The new GUI includes the ice Digital Widescreen that enables travellers to swipe or scroll the screen to access the full library of media and entertainment. Passengers can send SMS and email messages via the entertainment systems, access live text news from the BBC, and watch the in-flight landscape cameras.
Image by: worldtraveller5, on Flickr
Emirates is the largest airline in the Middle East offering routes to destinations in 70 countries all over the world.
The Dubai-based airline began offering commercial flights for travellers taking holidays to Dubai and Middle Eastern destinations in 1985 and since then it has become the United Arab Emirate’s leading airline.
In December last year, the airline launched Wi-Fi connectivity onboard its fleet of A380 aircraft allowing all passengers taking Dubai flights to surf the internet and email during their journey.
The airline strives to provide the best in-flight experience for passengers, whether they are going on Abu Dhabi holidays or travelling to business trips in the Unites States or Europe.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Make your trip to Phuket one to remember at romantic and secluded Rawai beach
- Perfect for families or couples searching for their own slice of paradise
- Complimentary shuttle services to Ya Nui beach, Nai Harn beach and Kata beach
- Free upgrade to Deluxe Pool Access
Treat your family to an unforgettable adventure at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
- Exciting marine and entertainment attractions that the whole family can enjoy
- Free Half Board with a wide range of dining options
Spend wonderful days exploring India's most iconic landmarks, diving deep into a world of wonder with a wealth of spectacular sights to discover
- Immersive tour that will introduce you to India - Home to the cities of Delhi, Agra and Jaipur, the golden triangle is an area of extraordinary cultural wealth and splendour
- Experience the bustling street life of Delhi, a city like no other, with teeming bazaars and the Great Mosque in Old Delhi
- Visit Jaipur's Hawa Mahal, an icon of Rajashtani architecture and the ethereally beautiful Taj Mahal of Agra
Ideal for trendy couples - stay at a chic and sleek hotel in the heart of vibrant Havana and then Stay next to Cuba's famous Varadero beach
- Blau Varadero offers something for everyone with as little or as much as you want to do on offer including a spa
- Exclusive Couples offer - Welcome Cocktail, 1 hour free Wifi Access in Havana plus a bottle of wine on arrival, 30-minute massage and a Romantic Dinner in Varadero
- Be swept away by the amazing views of Havana from Capri's rooftop pool
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Start your holiday at The Melia Habana Hotel, located in the heart of the elegant Miramar district, overlooking the sea....
The Iberostar Parque Central Hotel is the perfect place to feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, and will...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
Situated right at the heart of the Port Rashid district, the Hilton Garden Inn Dubai Al Mina sits ideally between the...
Located in the city centre business district, the DoubleTree by Hilton Ras Al Khaimah combines stylish accommodation and...