Air Seychelles launches twice weekly Seychelles flights from Abu Dhabi
Air Seychelles will launch twice weekly Seychelles flights from Abu Dhabi starting 12th March. The move follows the strategic alliance formed between Etihad Airways and Air Seychelles to increase the number flights to Seychelles from Abu Dhabi.
Etihad Airways and Air Seychelles have taken their first steps towards boosting air traffic between Mahe, the largest island on the Seychelles and Abu Dhabi, since forming a strategic alliance at the end of January 2012.
Air Seychelles has recently announced the launch of twice weekly flights to Seychelles from Abu Dhabi. These newly added flights will complement the four weekly Seychelles flights already provided by Etihad Airways raising the number of days where direct flights will operate between the two destinations to six days a week. Recently appointed chief executive of Air Seychelles, Cramer Ball, stated the following of the new route, “With these additional two Air Seychelles weekly flights, we look forward to successfully serving the route, tourism and business at each end and beyond”.
The announcement comes after the two airlines formed a strategic alliance with Etihad Airways purchasing a 40 per cent stake of Air Seychelles for $20 million at the end of January. One of the criteria of the alliance includes increasing frequency of Seychelles flights from Abu Dhabi.
Image by: IDEE_PER_VIAGGIARE, on Flickr
Despite the fact that a record breaking number of people booked holidays to the Seychelles in 2011 leading to an 11 per cent growth in visitor arrivals, the Seychelles Tourism Board faced challenges that needed to be addressed in 2012 including a cutting back of Air Seychelles’ flights.
“There is a need for greater connectivity to support this tourism boom, and both Air Seychelles and Etihad Airways are well-positioned to leverage that demand into substantial commercial growth. The integration of the networks will give Air Seychelles greater opportunity to tap into key tourism feeder markets across Europe – such as Germany, France, Italy and the UK – where Etihad Airways’ presence is strong and growing.” noted President and Chief Executive Officer of Etihad Airway.
Image by: IDEE_PER_VIAGGIARE, on Flickr
The newly formed coalition between the two airlines should also see an increase in the number of Abu Dhabi residents embarking on luxurious Seychelles holidays, with plans to further increase the number of direct flights to Seychelles from Abu Dhabi to seven per week from June 2012. The steady increase in the number of flights provided by the alliance put the Seychelles Tourism board in the perfect position to build on the two per cent increase in tourism from the United Arab Emirates experienced in 2011.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 10:30 - 18:30 GMT
Popular Holidays In Abu Dhabi Browse all
For the ultimate golf experience in Abu Dhabi, stay at a luxurious hotel with all the trimmings that sits right next to a championship golf course
- Upgrade and experience Ferrari World - The largest indoor and first theme park on Yas Island
- Taka advantage of the golf at the 18-Hole championship Yas Links Golf Course
- A few minutes' walk from the exciting Yas Waterworld & Yas Island Beach
Enjoy 5 star luxury in the city centre, laze on the hotel's private beach and pop downstairs to the capital's most renowned shopping mall, the Abu Dhabi Mall.
- Ranked within the Top 10 Abu Dhabi Hotels on Tripadvisor
- Sitting in the heart of Abu Dhabi next to the iconic Abu Dhabi Mall
- 9 Restaurants and 2 Cafes offering award-winning cuisine plus Zen the Spa for various treatments
Start off at Al Raha Beach with plenty of shopping options nearby followed by a stay at Tilal Liwa Desert Resort
- Al Raha overlooks a pristine ribbon of private beach, and you'll be within easy access to the Formula 1 theme park and downtown Abu Dhabi
- Enjoy a wide range of unique experiences such as camel riding, desert safari, BBQ, wellness therapy and many more
- Relax in the pool overlooking the Liwa dunes and the vast desert beyond as far as your eye can see
Discover two destination in one unforgettable holiday
- The award winning Hilton Abu Dhabi is conveniently located in the heart of the city, 30 minutes from the airport and close to the marina shopping mall
- Relax, unwind and rejuvenate your mind, body and spirit
- Experience stunning views over the pure white sands and crystal clear ocean with your nearest and dearest
Discover the hidden treasure in Abu Dhabi that is Crowne Plaza in Yas Island. It is the ideal accommodation for those...
Acquaint yourself with the luxurious Abu Dhabi lifestyle during a comfy 5-day stay at the Al Raha Beach Hotel....
Al Raha Beach Hotel offers magnificent views of the Arabian Gulf, just a short drive from the city and Abu Dhabi...
Stay in Downtown Abu Dhabi and be pampered by Arabian hospitality. The Holiday Inn Abu Dhabi offers excellent service...
Experience luxurious accommodations, modern business and leisure amenities and an ideal location in the heart of Abu...
Experience the height of luxurious comfort at the modern deluxe Pearl Rotana, designed to suit the needs of business,...