Chamber of Commerce in the U.S. offering cultural Cuba holidays
The Palm Desert Area Chamber of Commerce has made an opportunity of a lifetime available to locals by coordinating a cultural trip to Cuba. Booking Cuba holidays is now on the minds of many Americans thanks to the relaxation of some travel restrictions.
The Palm Desert Area Chamber of Commerce (PDACC) in the United States has taken the somewhat controversial decision to organise special cultural Cuba holidays for interested locals. The journey to the Caribbean island is scheduled to take place from 18th September to 26th September 2012 and will cost $3699 USD under an all inclusive basis. CEO of the PDACC , Barbara deBoom, said of the trip, “It’s more of a cultural experience and to see time frozen in 1959, compared to where we are today in 2012…I think there will be some that think this is great and wonderful and there will be some who aren’t going to like it.”
Despite the tumultuous relationship that the communist country has had with the United States the reality is that the lure of Cuba holidays is very strong for many U.S. citizens. Most holidaymakers dream of taking luxury Caribbean holidays, with Cuba viewed as one of the top Caribbean destinations not only because of the island’s pristine beaches and tropical climate but largely due to the enigmatic culture that has captured the imaginations of many around the world.
Image by: LA Observer, on Flickr
In an effort to increase the “people to people” contact between the two nations, the Obama administration has introduced what has been termed as a” liberalisation of travel to Cuba”. Under the more relaxed new rules, U.S. citizens are now free to embark on pre-defined purposeful visits to Cuba. According to the U.S. government, purposeful visits can fall into any one of the following categories: family, religious, educational, cultural, journalism, diplomatic and business (commercial and biotechnical business activities are prohibited). These restrictions may still hinder the average U.S. holidaymakers from enjoying the typical luxury Caribbean holiday on the island’s beautiful beaches but it has provided the perfect opportunity for them to enjoy the rich Cuban culture.
Image by: Basse911, on Flickr
The PDACC trip has already sorted out all legal requirements with interested parties so those looking forward to making the most of this lifetime opportunity and want to enjoy cultural Cuba holidays this September 2012 are only required to fill out their registration form and pay. Marketed as a “People to People” excursion, the PDACC itinerary is packed with cultural activities including visits to Old Havana, the Partagas Cigar Factory, the Bay of Pigs Museum, Ernest Hemingway's 15-acre estate and a walking tour of UNESCO World Heritage Site, Trinidad de Cuba.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Enjoy the long list of fun options for all the family or bask on Varadero's pure white sands
- Sample a host of activities including snorkelling, kayaking, windsurfing, golf and more.
- Located on a gorgeous stretch of Varadero beach.
- Enjoy 24-hour all-inclusive service.
Lifelong memories await for you in the pristine beaches of Varadero and one of Havana's most iconic hotels
- Indulge in a number of all-inclusive restaurants at Iberostar Tainos, from delicious Japanese cuisine to international fine-dining experiences
- Capture the 1950's swing vibe when staying at Habana Riviera Hotel steeped in history with the lobby bar in particular having a genuine 50's atmosphere
- Why not to upgrade your arrival transfer to an american vintage car for an extra £19 per person
Relax on one of the best beaches in the world and enjoy the endless fun this the All Inclusive iberostar tainos
- Relax and unwind at the onsite spa with a variety of treatments and massages on offer
- Enjoy non-motorised watersports including: windsurfing, sailing and snorkeling
- Experience the all-inclusive delights with a choice of four restaurants and five bars
The unlimited heaven of tranquillity in a perfect setting
- The luxurious 5 star accommodation ensures a comfortable adventure.
- Iberostar Parque Central Hotel is a great base to discover Havana's historic Old Town.
- Activities throughout the day at Iberostar Varadero Hotel , including aerobics, archery, basketball, beach volleyball, football, kayaking and more.
Start your Cuban experience at the NH Capri Hotel, one of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the...
Your Cuban experience begins at the memories miramar havana, a 4-star hotel located right at the heart of the classy...
The Iberostar Parque Central Hotel is the perfect place to feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, and will...
Beautifully perched on the panoramic Mensura Hill, surrounded by striking greenery, this blessed and secluded natural...
Get away to one of Cuba's best kept secrets for a dream holiday at Club Amigo Atlantico. Guardalavaca is known to host...
This enchanting villa hotel is surrounded by exuberant tropical plants and is perfectly located in a high point towering...