New Tourism Slogan and Logo to promote Maldives holidays
The Maldives has launched a brand new tourism logo and slogan - "Maldives - Always Natural". The new theme for the logo and slogan represents the natural beauty of the nation which is one of the main attributes that make tourists choose Maldives holidays.
The Indian Ocean island nation of the Maldives has launched a new tourism logo and slogan that reflects the country’s outstanding natural environment.
“Maldives - Always Natural” has replaced the previous slogan, “Maldives - the Sunny Side of Life”, which ran for 11 years. The new slogan and logo represent the country’s natural beauty such as white sand beaches, lush green rainforests and turquoise ocean waters, all of which entice thousands of tourists to take Maldives holidays every year.
Chairperson of the Maldives Marketing & Public Relations Corporation (MMPRC), Thoyyib Mohamed, explained: “The slogan and logo are designed to underscore the outstanding natural beauty of the Maldives, which tourists from all segments of the market consistently rate as one of their main reasons for visiting the country.”
Image by: Irusremote, on Flickr
The environmental theme of the logo and slogan supports the Maldives fishing industry, which is the nation’s second biggest industry after tourism.
An open tender was launched by the MMPRC, enabling private companies to research, design and create a new tourism logo and slogan. The tender was won by QUO KEEN of Bangkok and London and following several meetings with tourism industry stakeholders, the final design and wording was approved at a cabinet meeting chaired by President Nasheed.
Simon Hawkins, Managing Director of the MMPRC, said: “The previous slogan was over 11 years old and we believe the new slogan and logo better represents the Maldives of today, as well as tomorrow.”
CEO of QUO KEEN, David Keen, said: “We have created a brand that stands for the Maldivian people, for tourism and for all of industry. The slogan Always Natural talks to the people of the Maldives, to sustainability and to the ultimate tourism experience. The logo has been hand-crafted to define the natural elements of the country formed in a thumb print.”
Image by: muha..., on Flickr
One of the main reasons why tourists choose Maldives holidays is because of its stunning landscapes and tranquil surroundings. Situated in the Indian Ocean the Maldives is an archipelago spanning nearly 1,200 beautiful coral islands, of which 200 are inhabited.
The islands boasts luxury Maldives hotels with upscale accommodation and facilities including spas and gourmet restaurants, plus plenty of activities for tourists taking holidays to the Maldives including snorkelling, scuba diving, boat excursions, hiking through tropical forests and relaxing on unspoiled white sand palm-fringed beaches.
Hawkins added: “The MMPRC is delighted with the end result and we look forward to proudly communicating the new brand to the world.”
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 19:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Maldives Browse all
Peace, relaxation and luxury come as standard in this amazing Indian Ocean getaway
- Easy access to the buzzing capital city of Male, where you can extend your experience of the Maldives
- Benefit from water bungalows that allow unfettered access to the ocean waters and feature private sun decks
- The main restaurants’ theme nights highlight cuisines from around the world ranging from Asian to Western dishes
Explore stunning coral reefs in your private piece of heaven on earth where the sparkling white sands will caress your toes as the warm turquoise waters gently kiss your skin.
- Discover the stunning coral reefs, go out on a fishing trip or have a go at water skiing, amongst other activities (*surcharge may apply)
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner, snacks, top-shelf beverages all come included in the price of your stay
- Overlook the Indian Ocean from your room and step out onto the white soft sands the Maldives is famous for
Paradise Island suits a range of lifestyles from relaxing at the Araamu Spa to surfing the great waves.
- This magnificent spa is almost completely surrounded by the azure waters of the Indian Ocean, creating a perfect location for relaxing and theraputic treatments
- Paradise island is just one kilometre long and 230 metres wide, surrounded by pristine beaches and off shore reefs that teem with excellent marine life waiting for guests to explore
- fresh produce arrives daily for the master chef and team to deliver sumptuous dishes, delicately flavoured. Restaurants include japanese, italian, 24 hour a la carte coffee shop and main restaurant serving international buffets
Explore stunning coral reefs in your private piece of heaven on earth where the sparkling white sands will caress your toes as the warm turquoise waters gently kiss your skin
- Gaze at the Indian Ocean from your room and step out onto the white soft sands the Maldives is famous for
- Discover the stunning coral reefs, go out on a fishing trip or have a go at water skiing, amongst other activities
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner, snacks, top-shelf beverages and selected sports all come included in the price of your stay
Adaaran Club Rannalhi is regarded as one of the best hotels in Maldives, sitting exclusively at the tip of the South...
Standing out as a precious gem, the Adaaran Select Hudhuran Fushi is a great Maldivian holiday spot for any kind of...
Venture to the Lhaviyani Atoll in the Maldives islands to experience a holiday like no other. This section of the...
Fun Island offers a wonderful blend of ‘Fun and Sun’. The Massive lagoon of the island provides ideal conditions for a...
Escape from day-to-day life for a while and take refuge in the Asian paradise of the Maldives while you spend 8 days...
The island of Bandos is a perfect setting for that romantic getaway or those two weeks of bliss away from work. The...