Dubai holidays prove popular for October Half Term Holidays
A recent survey carried out by Skyscanner has revealed that Dubai holidays are among the favourites for families taking holidays during the October half term with 25 per cent preferring to travel in October than any other month of the year.
October half term is the favourite time of year for families taking overseas holidays according to a recent survey carried out by Skyscanner.
The survey revealed that Dubai holidays were among the favourites for families going abroad during the half term holiday at the end of October. The findings also revealed that 25 per cent of families prefer to travel at this time of year because it offers better value than peak summer months.
The survey also revealed that 23 per cent of travellers preferred the weather in October to the sweltering months of July and August. This is one of the reasons why travellers prefer to take Abu Dhabi and Dubai holidays at this time of year compared to the uncomfortably high temperatures and humidity during the summer months.
Image by: Britrob, on Flickr
The number of travellers searching Skyscanner for Dubai and Abu Dhabi holidays in October has nearly doubled in the past two weeks as people plan towards their half term breaks.
Spain was the most popular overall destination searched for by travellers planning family holidays, with the United States and Italy following closely behind. Spain also came out at amongst the top spots when participants were asked for their best ever family holiday destination, coming in second place to America.
A huge 31 per cent of survey respondents said that their ideal family holiday would be to Florida theme parks; 30 per cent wanted to take beach holidays while 21 per cent would choose safari holidays in Africa.
Skyscanner Travel Editor, Sam Baldwin, said: “It’s clear from our rankings that good value destinations are ever popular with families, and with many Eurozone countries feeling the effect of the recession these destinations are proving as popular as ever.”
Image by: slleong, on Flickr
Abu Dhabi and Dubai are two of the most popular destinations and there has been an increase in travellers booking holidays to the Middle East. Dubai is located on the northern coast of the United Arab Emirates and boasts an array of upscale hotels, sandy beaches and tourist attractions such as the Dubai Marina, Dubai, Jumeirah Mosque and the Wild Wadi Park.
Abu Dhabi is the capital of the United Arab Emirates and is a fantastic destination for luxury holidays with many luxury hotels, private beaches and shopping malls including the Marina Mall, the three-story Abu Dhabi Mall and Al Wahda Mall. Yas Island is a Mecca for motor sporting enthusiasts and will be host to the Formula One Etihad Airways Grand Prix Abu Dhabi which is scheduled to take place in November, 2011.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Dubai Browse all
Bask in private palm-lined beach glory that's just 15 minutes from the Dubai Marina in a place where it's all included
- Choose from excellent restaurants serving a variety of world cuisines including French, Mediterranean and Thai
- Go for a round of golf at the onsite 9-hole Golf course or explore the are on horseback
- book your stay including tickets to the family entertainment park Dubai Parks & Resort - ask our team now
The location on the world famous Palm Jumeirah, provides superb access to white sandy beaches
- Unlimited access to Wild Wadi Park plus free shuttle service to a selection of Dubai shopping malls
- FREE Half Board upgrade- Dine-around Half Board in over 60 Restaurants and Lounges
- Complimentary UNLIMITED access to Wild Wadi Water Park including shuttle transfer
Unwind at the beautiful beaches of Khao Lak before experiencing the best of Dubai
- 500m from Nang Thong Beach in Khao Lak
- Outdoor living in Khao Lak with open-air dining and three swimming pools
- Experience exquisite luxury in Dubai
Intercontinental Mauritius + Hyatt Regency Dubai
- Stay at the Hyatt Regency Dubai, the only hotel with a restaurant that has a 360 degree view
- Intercontinental Mauritius is located on one of the most picturesque parts of the island
- Fantastic selection of facilities and amenities await at the Intercontinental Mauritius, including free Wi-Fi, children's club and fun activities for all ages
Savour the comforts of Atlantis, The Palm and enjoy the stretches of sand and unlimited sunshine. One of the most...
With a gorgeous location on the west crescent of the Palm Jumeirah, Jumeirah Zabeel Saray is an exclusive and...
The luxurious-new InterContinental Mauritius Resort Balaclava Fort overlooks the beaches of the Bay of Balaclava. This...
The stunning Intercontinental Resort Mauritius awaits, overlooking the Bay of Balaclava located on a pristine white...
Situated right at the heart of the Port Rashid district, the Hilton Garden Inn Dubai Al Mina sits ideally between the...
Located in Deira, within old Dubai, the Hilton Garden Inn Dubai Al Muraqabat offers a prime opportunity to explore the...
Zabeel House Mini by Jumeirah is a playful, pocket friendly hotel high on design and low on complexity. Perfectly...