Etihad Airways reports record revenue growth
Etihad Airways, the national carrier of the UAE operating luxury Abu Dhabi flights has recently reported healthy revenue growth with record figures for the third quarter in 2011. The profits mark the strongest ever third quarter financial results.
Widely known as the award-winning airline and national carrier of the United Arab Emirates, Etihad Airways has recently revealed the healthy results of its third quarter financial results, reporting the company's strongest ever profits during that period.
The carrier responsible for taking many passengers to Abu Dhabi holidays aboard its luxurious, award-winning aircraft has generated a total $1.1 billion USD, signalling a growth of 39 per cent against last year's figures during the same period.
The number of passengers aboard Abu Dhabi flights and other popular worldwide holiday destinations that the airline serves also increased by 18 per cent, with the Abu Dhabi-based airline carrying a total of 2.25 million fare-paying customers over the 2011 period.
Etihad Airways' seat factors – the percentage of seats available to those filled - increased by an impressive 3.8 per cent to 80.7 per cent, the highest quarterly result in the brief history of the seven-year old airline carrying many passengers to popular holiday destinations in the Middle East and connecting Dubai and Abu Dhabi holidays.
Operating costs for the company rose 12 per cent, on a 12 per cent rise in capacity, while non-fuel costs rose 7 per cent.
In the meantime, Etihad Airways has 81 per cent of its fuel hedged for the rest of 2011.
James Hogan, Etihad Airways' chief executive officer said these healthy numbers and profits achieved contributed to strong profitability at an EBITDAR (earnings before interest, tax, depreciation, amortisation and rentals) level and thanks to that the airline had now moved into monthly operating profitability.
“Despite the continuing challenges of high fuel prices and economic downturn in many of the markets in which Etihad operates, we are seeing strong growth in all our key commercial indicators,” Hogan explained.
“Our clear target is to break even in 2011 and this is another big step in the right direction for us.
“We are well on track to delivering a continuing financial return to our shareholder.”
With worldwide recognised prestige for offering top class Abu Dhabi flights, in-keeping with the carrier's growth and state-of-the art facilities, the airline has added six aircraft to its fleet in the last 12 months, enabling the airline to build greater depth into its schedule and increase weekly frequencies to key markets sending tourists to holidays in Dubai, Abu Dhabi and other popular emirates, including Paris, Manchester, Milan, Geneva, Brussels, Bangalore, and Manila.
In the months to come Etihad will start flying to six new holiday destinations from its home base of Abu Dhabi, offering direct flights for Maldives holidays (from 1stNovember), the Seychelles (starting 2nd November), Chengdu in China (from 15th December), Düsseldorf (from 16th December), Shanghai (starting 1st March, 2012) and Nairobi (with flights operating from1st April, 2012).
“Next year we take delivery of another seven passenger aircraft – four B777-300ER aircraft, plus three A320-200s – so the careful, strategic expansion of our global network will continue,” Hogan added on a final note.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Discover everything the ‘Island of the Gods’ has to offer with a stay in the buzzing Seminyak area
- Incredible value upgrades to private pool rooms
- Free upgrade to Taum Studio Pool View room
- Complimentary shuttle to town centre and Petitenget Beach
Treat your family to an unforgettable adventure at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
- Exciting marine and entertainment attractions that the whole family can enjoy
- Free Half Board with a wide range of dining options
Spend wonderful days exploring India's most iconic landmarks, diving deep into a world of wonder with a wealth of spectacular sights to discover
- Immersive tour that will introduce you to India - Home to the cities of Delhi, Agra and Jaipur, the golden triangle is an area of extraordinary cultural wealth and splendour
- Experience the bustling street life of Delhi, a city like no other, with teeming bazaars and the Great Mosque in Old Delhi
- Visit Jaipur's Hawa Mahal, an icon of Rajashtani architecture and the ethereally beautiful Taj Mahal of Agra
Peace, relaxation and luxury come as standard in this amazing Indian Ocean getaway
- Easy access to the buzzing capital city of Male, where you can extend your experience of the Maldives
- Benefit from water bungalows that allow unfettered access to the ocean waters and feature private sun decks
- The main restaurants’ theme nights highlight cuisines from around the world ranging from Asian to Western dishes
Start your Cuban experience at the Nh Capri Hotel, one of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the...
Start your holiday at The Melia Habana Hotel, located in the heart of the elegant Miramar district, overlooking the sea....
The Iberostar Parque Central Hotel is the perfect place to feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, and will...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
Situated right at the heart of the Port Rashid district, the Hilton Garden Inn Dubai Al Mina sits ideally between the...
Located in the city centre business district, the DoubleTree by Hilton Ras Al Khaimah combines stylish accommodation and...