Ayada Maldives honoured twice at 2011 World Travel Awards
A luxury 112-villa resort has been named Maldives Leading New Resort and Indian Ocean's Leading New Resort at the 2011 World Travel Awards. Ayada Maldives sits on Maguhdhuvaa Island and is due to open to tourists taking Maldives holidays from next month.
The 2011 World Travel Awards (WTA) have recognised a brand new luxury 112-villa resort in the Maldives at a gala ceremony which took place in Sharm el Sheikh, Egypt last month.
Ayada Maldives was awarded the title of 'Maldives’ Leading New Resort' and 'Indian Ocean’s Leading New Resort' by WTA ahead of its opening next month.
Travellers taking Maldives holidays at the resort will be able to relax amidst beautiful tropical surroundings on the 150,000 square-metre Maguhdhuvaa Island in the Gaafu Dhaalu Atoll.
Owner of Ayada Maldives, Firat Aydeniz, said about the latest recognition: “We are delighted that Ayada Maldives has been recognised as Maldives' Leading New Resort and Indian Ocean's Leading New Resort at the 2011 World Travel Awards. As a new resort we are striving to offer the very best quality and service and these accolades are a clear indication to guests of our commitment to that mission.”
The Ayada Maldives is one of the newest Maldives hotels available to international travellers taking luxury holidays to the Indian Ocean and the property is scheduled to open to guests in November, 2011.
The resort was recognised for its upscale facilities that include seven gourmet restaurants, bars and cafes, a kids’ club, a scuba diving centre, a selection of watersports and a luxury 3,500-square-metre AySpa which is managed by ESPA.
During Maldives holidays at the Ayada Maldives guests can choose from 50 water villas and 62 seafront villas where they can unwind within spacious and elegantly designed surroundings. Villas include private pools and terraces with breathtaking views overlooking the sparkling azure Indian Ocean. Butlers are available round the clock to offer advice and knowledge on the local area and the luxury hotel’s amenities.
The resort has also been awarded an International Star Diamond Award from The American Academy of Hospitality Sciences.
The Maldives is an island nation located just over 430 miles south of Sri Lanka. The collection of islands boast stunning natural landscapes including white sand, palm-fringed beaches, lush green dense forests, and warm crystal-clear ocean waters. The islands are a fantastic place to enjoy scuba diving and snorkelling activities and the surrounding ocean is teeming with marine species including a great variety of corals, reef fish, reef sharks, moray eels, Manta rays, Stingrays, Eagle rays and whale sharks.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 10:30 - 18:30 GMT
Popular Holidays In Maldives Browse all
Explore an underwater world of breathtaking beauty and laze on the finest white sands at Sun Island Resort, a tropical paradise of peace and serenity
- Try snorkelling, scuba diving and more
- Stay in luxurious bungalows
- Excellent choice of for both dining and drinking
Peace, relaxation and luxury come as standard in this amazing Indian Ocean getaway
- The main restaurants’ theme nights highlight cuisines from around the world ranging from Asian to Western dishes
- Benefit from water bungalows that allow unfettered access to the ocean waters and feature private sun decks
- Easy access to the buzzing capital city of Male, where you can extend your experience of the Maldives
Sink into the warm waters of the Indian Ocean before a luxury getaway break to Sri Lanka
- Treat yourself to a revitalizing message at the spa or plunge into the island’s longest swimming pool in Sri Lanka
- Complimentary Wi-Fi in all rooms and selected public areas in the Paradise Island
- Fabulous dining, nightlife and a wide range of watersports and recreation in both destinations
Explore stunning coral reefs in your private piece of heaven on earth where the sparkling white sands will caress your toes as the warm turquoise waters gently kiss your skin
- Gaze at the Indian Ocean from your room and step out onto the white soft sands the Maldives is famous for
- Discover the stunning coral reefs, go out on a fishing trip or have a go at water skiing, amongst other activities
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner, snacks, top-shelf beverages and selected sports all come included in the price of your stay
Located on Lankanfinolhu Island in the North Male Atoll, Paradise Island is one of the largest resorts in the Maldives....
Adaaran Club Rannalhi is regarded as one of the best hotels in the Maldives, sitting exclusively at the tip of the South...
Kuredu Island Resort will be your home away from home during your holiday and you could hardly pick a more ideal place...
Fun Island offers a wonderful blend of ‘Fun and Sun’. The Massive lagoon of the island provides ideal conditions for a...
The island of Bandos is a perfect setting for that romantic getaway or those two weeks of bliss away from work. The...
Reethi Faru is a tropical island paradise in the Maldives, lapped by the crystalline waters of the Indian Ocean,...