Lady Gaga Learns to Surf During Mexico Holidays
Popstar Lady Gaga has been pictured taking surfing lessons during her recent Mexico holidays in Puerto Vallarta. The singer/ songwriter appeared to find the sport challenging as she concentrated hard on learning the skills while wearing a skimpy bikini.
American popstar Lady Gaga has been learning the skills of surfing in Mexico while taking time off from promoting the MTV Video Music Awards.
The singer was spotted taking surfing lessons during her Mexico holidays at a resort in Puerto Vallarta last week.
Lady Gaga swapped her wetsuit for a skimpy bikini as she concentrated hard on improving her surf skills and despite a tricky start, it wasn’t long before she was standing up on her board and riding some waves.
An insider said: “For a relative beginner she took to surfing really well.
“She started quite slowly learning how to body-board and then she was able to work up to standing - she made excellent progress.”
The 25-year old singer/ songwriter was taking some time out from shooting videos, TV appearances and live performances as she and some friends spent some time chilling out during their holidays in Mexico.
The insider added: “She has been very relaxed since she arrived at the resort and is looking to unwind from her punishing timetable on the road.”
Staying at one of the most luxurious Mexico hotels, Lady Gaga reportedly splashed out on a £4,250-a-night suite and £145 for a surfing lesson.
The global popstar has been asked to open the MTV Video Music Awards with a live performance on 28th August, 2011 in Los Angeles.
Speaking of her role in this year’s VMAs, she said: “It means the world to me. I just feel really blessed every day. I have the most amazing fans.”
The singer has also been nominated for four VMAs including Best Female Video, Best Video with a Message for Born This Way, and Best Art Direction and Best Choreography for Judas.
Mexico holidays and Cancun holidays especially, are a popular choice for international travellers as the country boasts thousands of miles of coastline comprising beautiful beaches fringed with turquoise and emerald ocean waters; historic sites and attractions such as pyramids, museums, and Chichen Itza, the ancient Mayan city; and numerous natural landscapes including volcanoes, ecological reserves, national parks and underwater coral reefs.
There is a wide selection of Mexico hotels and resorts to suit all budgets across the country, and because Mexican food is one of the most well known cuisines across the world, local restaurants offer a range of delicious fresh native dishes including guacamole, quesadillas, tacos, and enchiladas.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 19:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Mexico and Cancun Browse all
Stay close to all the action in a fabulous resort that's part of a beautiful ecological reserve and sits right next to Xcaret, Cancun's number one theme park.
- This resort is a fantastic choice for an exciting family holiday that you will never forget, why not make it extra special by upgrading to visit the amazing Xcaret Park (extra charges apply)
- Limitless all-inclusive fun and thrills for everyone in a beautiful eco-reserve facing a glorious beach
- Enjoy access to 11 Restaurants and 10 Bars catering to every taste and occasion & access to 7 glorious Swimming Pools including 1 at Royal Level, 1 salt water pool only for adults and 1 children's pool
At Now Sapphire Riviera Cancun, you will experience unlimited all inclusive luxury 24 Hours a day - it's the holiday of a lifetime
- Book now and save for travel between May - October 2019 and enjoy an upgrade to a Preferred Club Junior Suite Ocean Front
- Unlimited-Luxury with gourmet dining and premium beverages in a choice of six reservation-free restaurants and five stylish bars
- Enjoy endless activities - from kayaking to snorkelling, windsurfing and much more
- Pamper yourself with innovative treatments at the Now Spa by Pevonia
Enjoy exclusive privileges on tap as part of the resort's signature Unlimited-Luxury all-inclusive concept.
- Book now and save for travel between May - October 2019 and enjoy an upgrade to a Preferred Club Ocean View
- Retreat to one of the Mexican Caribbean's most coveted and secluded beach hideaways
- Something to keep everyone entertained at this fantastic family friendly resort
- Outdoor pool theater for shows and theme dinners
Use up to $2000 resort credit to indulge in spa treatments, golf sessions or a selection of excursions that will make your Cancun holiday truly unforgettable.
- Duran Duran in concert at Moon Palace on 29th December (tickets additional cost)
- Winner of the Trip Advisor 2015 Travellers Choice Award
- Enjoy the impressive $2000 Resort Credit per booking that you can spend on golf, spa treatments, dolphin swims, visit to Chichen Itza, Express Tour of Tulum, Family fun days out at the Wet 'N' Wild Waterpark and much more
- Whether you are looking for an active holiday or a relaxing break, Moon Palace Resort is an ideal destination for travellers of all ages
If you're searching for the perfect combination of beach fun and natural discovery, look no further than Occidental at...
Have the dreamiest of getaways at the magnificent, ultra all-inclusive Dreams Sands Cancun and make the most of the...
Take a holiday to the Caribbean resort of Cancun in Mexico. In the magnificent Moon Palace Cancun you will be perfectly...
Whether you're looking for a fun holiday with your family, a romantic getaway with your partner or a lively trip with...
Playacar is simply one of the most scintillating stretches of coastline in Mexico, if not the world. At Allegro Playacar...
For the ideal combination of natural beauty and fun-filled activities, look no further than Sunscape Sabor Cozumel....