Jamie Foxx Dreamed up Idea for New Animation Film during Africa Safari
American actor and musician Jamie Foxx dreamed up the idea for a new movie whilst enjoying Africa holidays at a nature reserve last year. The Hollywood star visited the Singita game reserve where he let his imagination run wild.
Hollywood actor Jamie Foxx has revealed that the idea for his new animated film came to him while he was taking luxury holidays in Africa last year.
Star of the hit film, Ray, Foxx successfully pitched his idea to movie executives at 20th Century Fox Animation and the team has already started to work on the project.
According to Foxx, his imagination ran wild while watching the animals in their natural habitat during his Africa holidays at the Singita game reserve in 2010.
Fox said: "It was crazy. I wanted to go see the safari and... (funnyman) Ron Silver hips me to Africa (tells him where to go). He goes, 'Jamie, you gotta go to Singita, it's the best.' ...So I end up going there and Singita was like, $2,000 a night, American. And I thought (it was going to be cheap) so I only went with $2,500 (cash)!
"But it was really nice; it was laid back. You go on a range with champagne... I got addicted to the safari! We stayed over there so long that I actually started writing it down and I actually sold that to Fox Animation, called Welcome to the Jungle."
This will be Foxx’s first animation production and he will also be producing and writing the score for the film.
He explained: "It's about this musical, like all these animals in the Singita, like vaudeville and old school, because I started getting bored... I play this leopard and... we do a musical in the jungle. It's a movie."
Foxx has since taken a number of safaris in Africa in order to fine-tune the characters and the environment for the film.
The Singita game reserve is a popular destination for travellers taking Africa holidays. Situated on the western border of the Kruger Park in South Africa, it a hotspot for visitors looking to catch glimpses of the Big Five. The area boasts several luxury lodges where guests can relax and enjoy romantic holidays, honeymoons or family breaks, whilst experiencing magnificent wild animals such as lions, elephants, leopards, zebras and giraffes, and watch up close during guided African safaris.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Africa Browse all
Enjoy plenty of opportunities for relaxations and entertainment at this luxury all inclusive resort
- Indulge in some spectacular cuisines with a wide variety of 11 restaurants and bars to choose from
- Make the most of your holiday with the on-site Pirates Diving School who offer a range of PADI courses suitable for all ages
- Enjoy a relaxing day on the private beach or let loose with a host of water sports on offer
Introduce yourself to centuries of history on the River Nile and in Luxor before heading to the world's ancient wonders, the Pyramids and amazing Cairo
- Upgrade to the Full Excursions Package on the Superior Swiss Inn Radamis II Nile Cruise from £249pp
- Great Pyramids of Giza only a stone throw away from the Le Meridien Pyramids
- Enjoy the spectacular views of the River Nile from the Sun Deck on the Superior Swiss Inn Radamis II Nile Cruise
Discover the beauty of South Africa and the buzz of Dubai
- Explore the glitz and glamour of Dubai while staying at Hilton Garden Inn Mall of The Emirates
- Excellent services included in the tour; 6 days Toyoto Corolla Car rental with GPS and additional driver option
- Your journey in South Africa includes all meals and 2 game drives per day to spot Africa's 'Big Five'
Splash in the Red Sea, marvel at the marine life and enjoy the luxuries at this all suite Red Sea Beach resort
- Enjoy pure luxury at this all suite resort
- Rejuvenate your body and relax your mind in the Beautifully appointed Oberoi Spa
- Voted the No. 1 hotel in Hurghada by Trip Advisor
Enjoy the lush facilities and accommodations of the all-inclusive Hilton Hurghada Resort in Egypt and discover a...
Tour Summary South Africa is one of the most diverse countries in the world, a place where you will find exotic...
This is a two-week journey that you will never forget as you are taken in by South Africa's wealth of wonders and...
South Africa is one of the most diverse countries in the world, a place where you will find exotic combinations of...
Cairo is a place of rich contrasts; a bustling metropolis which still hosts some of Egypt's most treasured historical...
Cairo is one of the world's most important tourist cities; seize this chance to find out what makes this magical city...
Enter into the colourful clash of cultures that is Cairo and marvel at the ageless monuments that adorn the capital of...