Autograph Collection by Marriot enters the Caribbean holidays market
Entering the luxury sector of the Caribbean holidays market, the exclusive Autograph Collection of hotels and resorts by Marriott International has recently revealed its first ever hotel addition in the Caribbean and in the British Virgin Islands.
Marriott’s fastest growing international brand, the Autograph Collection has recently unveiled plans for the Scrub Island Resort, Spa and Marina, in the British Virgin Islands to soon joing its exclusive collection of luxury hotels and resorts by early 2012.
Done through a franchise agreement with Scrub Island Development Group LTD, with this new hotel property Marriott International would land its first ever property in the British Virgin Islands and it marks a first in the Caribbean holidays market for its Autograph Collection brand.
The new luxury property will join the list of exclusive and lavish Caribbean hotels. Beautifully poised on a serene, private island, the Scrub Island Resort, Marina and Spa offers a total of just 67 rooms, suites and villas, all featuring the fines West Indian décor with materials and facilities that perfectly complement the compelling beauty of the surroundings. The resort also boasts its own marina, a collection of fine-dining restaurants and an impeccable collection of facilities including a luxury spa, all in the perfectly unspoilt environment of secluded, untouched beaches that are home to spectacular reefs, located within swimming distance. A snorkeller’s paradise, the Scrub Island Resort, Spa and Marina delivers the kind of Caribbean holidays most holidaymakers fantasise about.
Launched just over a year ago, the Autograph Collection comprises a group of exceptional independent hotels, each hand-selected for their originality, character and uncommon details. To date, Autograph Collection portfolio includes more than 20 properties in the United States and Europe and this number should double by the end of the year.
“The Scrub Island Resort is perfect for the Autograph Collection because it is one-of-a-kind, independently operated property that can retain its personality, while benefitting from our powerful sales engine and economies of scale, which is important in these competitive times,” were the praise words expressed by Laurent de Kousemaeker, chief development officer for Marriott International in the Caribbean and Latin America. “We are excited about the opportunity to reveal this exclusive resort in the Caribbean, for the rest of the world to also enjoy.”
Providing the perfect setting for the most unforgettable luxury holidays to be experienced in the British Virgin Islands, some of the resort’s signature facilities include a gourmet market, a multi-level swimming pool, a collection of retail outlets and boutiques, a beach club, a variety of nature and hiking trails and a deluxe fitness centre and spa, which are planned to be relocated and expanded by 2013. In addition to all this, with a total of 7,000 sq. feet of meeting space, the resort now has the largest meeting facility in the British Virgin Islands.
Krip Vreeland, Vice President for Autograph Collection said of the brand’s new Caribbean hotel acquisition: “Scrub Island Resort is an exciting addition to Autograph Collection, located in a premier Caribbean destination. As our first Caribbean resort in the exclusive Retreat category, we are confident that our Autograph Collection guests will embrace this unique resort as the newest member of our portfolio.”
“We are pleased to be part of the Marriott International reservations engine and to promote our beautiful resort to a wider audience,” added Joe Collier, founder and president of Mainsail, which will continue to operate the resort under its new ownership by Marriott International.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 10:30 - 18:30 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
A resort where there is something for everyone
- FAMILY PACKAGES for a family of 2 adults & 2 kids below 12
- A fantastic all-inclusive programme with great the entertainment options including kids and teen club
- up to 2 children eat and stay for free
Ideal for trendy couples - stay at a chic and sleek hotel in the heart of vibrant Havana and then Stay next to Cuba's famous Varadero beach
- Blau Varadero offers something for everyone with as little or as much as you want to do on offer including a spa
- Exclusive Couples offer - Welcome Cocktail, 1 hour free Wifi Access in Havana plus a bottle of wine on arrival, 30-minute massage and a Romantic Dinner in Varadero
- Be swept away by the amazing views of Havana from Capri's rooftop pool
Peace, relaxation and luxury come as standard in this amazing Indian Ocean getaway
- Easy access to the buzzing capital city of Male, where you can extend your experience of the Maldives
- Benefit from water bungalows that allow unfettered access to the ocean waters and feature private sun decks
- The main restaurants’ theme nights highlight cuisines from around the world ranging from Asian to Western dishes
Use up to $2000 resort credit to indulge in spa treatments, golf sessions or a selection of excursions that will make your Cancun holiday truly unforgettable.
- Duran Duran in concert at Moon Palace on 29th December (tickets additional cost)
- Winner of the Trip Advisor 2015 Travellers Choice Award
- Enjoy the impressive $2000 Resort Credit per booking that you can spend on golf, spa treatments, dolphin swims, visit to Chichen Itza, Express Tour of Tulum, Family fun days out at the Wet 'N' Wild Waterpark and much more
- Whether you are looking for an active holiday or a relaxing break, Moon Palace Resort is an ideal destination for travellers of all ages
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Start your holiday at The Melia Habana Hotel, located in the heart of the elegant Miramar district, overlooking the sea....
The Iberostar Parque Central Hotel is the perfect place to feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, and will...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
Situated right at the heart of the Port Rashid district, the Hilton Garden Inn Dubai Al Mina sits ideally between the...
Located in the city centre business district, the DoubleTree by Hilton Ras Al Khaimah combines stylish accommodation and...