Royal Caribbean Re-Launches Art on Royal Programme on Ships
Tourists will be able to enjoy art tours, seminars and auctions during Caribbean holidays as Royal Caribbean International announces the re-launch of its "Art on Royal" art programme, with work featured by artists such as Romero Britto and Thomas Kinkade.
Royal Caribbean International has announced the re-launch of its “Art on Royal” art programme which allows travellers taking Caribbean holidays aboard the cruise line’s 22 ships to take part in a wide range of art tours, auctions and seminars.
The art programme features the $120 million onboard collection of art including the works of Caribbean artists, Romero Britto and Thomas Kinkade. The programme was piloted on the Oasis of Seas cruise ship and is currently available on the Adventures of the Seas and Navigator of the Seas. Royal Caribbean International plans to integrate “Art on Royal”, which has been developed with the help of Art Actually, on most of the company’s ships by the end of 2011.
During Caribbean holidays aboard the cruise liners, guests can view and purchase items from the art collection and attend art-related events and seminars.
Senior Vice President of Hotel Operations for Royal Caribbean International, Lisa Bauer, said: “Royal Caribbean International has compiled one of the world’s largest private art collections, valued at $120 million, on display aboard our fleet of ships for our guests’ enjoyment.
“Guests have always marvelled at our art and many have inquired into how to purchase them. Art on Royal will offer guests the opportunity to take home a lasting work of art as a memory of their cruise vacation, as well as provide a broad menu of enriching, art-inspired programs featuring Royal Caribbean Signature Artists and Royal Art Icons pieces. This new art program is part of the Royal Advantage, Royal Caribbean’s commitment to deliver a compelling and most contemporary vacation experience.”
Tourists onboard will also be able to purchase souvenirs of their art-inspired holidays in the Caribbean that include limited-edition signed photographs, prints, one-off pieces, and art miniatures.
The extensive assortment of art has been collected over the past 20 years and comprises pieces from hundreds of established and new artists. The exclusive collection is one of the largest to be displayed on an ongoing basis. The Miami-based owner of ICArt and curators of the Royal Caribbean Art Collection, Art Actually, created the “Art on Royal” programme to provide a cultural experience for Royal Caribbean guests taking luxury holidays aboard the cruise ships.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Caribbean and Costa Rica Browse all
A superb combination of great accommodation and exciting activities make this resort one of Cuba's hottest properties
- Previous winner of the Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence, and ranked in the top 5 Hotels in Varadero
- Full range of Spa treatments for a more relaxing break, or a selection of water and land sports to choose from for the more active traveller
- Enjoy a range of tours and excursions on offer
- Couples can benefit from a free bottle of sparkling wine and a romantic dinner for two, plus a 30 min massage per couple
Unwind, relax and take it easy in Varadero before a truly Cuban experience in Havana
- Memories Miramar Havana is perfect for those wanting to visit the old Havana, yet stay in total luxury and comfort
- Miniclub for children from 2 to 12 years old at Blau Varadero
A couples' special - enjoy the perfect mix of history, local culture and laidback beach retreat for the perfect romantic Cuban experience.
- Enjoy all kind of the Spa treatments, water and land sports at Blau Varadero
- Fantastic views to the ocean from the modern and elegant rooms with balcony or terrace
- The perfect location of Blau Varadero beside the pristine sandy beach
The unlimited heaven of tranquillity in a perfect setting
- The luxurious 5 star accommodation ensures a comfortable adventure.
- IBEROSTAR Parque Central Hotel is a great base to discover Havana's historic Old Town.
- Activities throughout the day at IBEROSTAR Varadero Hotel , including aerobics, archery, basketball, beach volleyball, football, kayaking and more.
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Start your holiday at The Melia Habana Hotel, located in the heart of the elegant Miramar district, overlooking the sea....
The Iberostar Parque Central Hotel is the perfect place to feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, and will...
Beautifully perched on the panoramic Mensura Hill, surrounded by striking greenery, this blessed and secluded natural...
Create unforgettable memories at the heart of Barbados' western coast at a collection of one bedroom apartments. Halcyon...
You can enjoy all the aspects of this charming island at Worthing Court Apartment Hotel, as the elegant eco-friendly...