Cuba Tourism Board Caravans through Mexican cities
The "Authentic Cuba" Cuba campaign has been caravanning through major Mexican cities with the aim of enticing more Mexican tourists to take Cuba holidays. For this purpose, representatives from Cuba's MINTUR have been showcasing the best of the island.
Promoting the many offerings the island has to offer Mexican holidaymakers, representatives from Cuba’s Tourism Board have been touring around Mexican cities in order to showcase the best of the island.
The caravan under the slogan "Authentic Cuba" began its journey through the Mexican cities of Monterrey, Guadalajara, Leon, Toluca and Mexico City as part of a promotional tour organised by the Ministry of Tourism of Cuba (MINTUR).
With the main aim of attracting more Mexican tourists to Cuba holidays, this new promotional campaign will highlight the best of the island to potential holidaymakers from Mexico.
Alicia Perez, director of Cuba’s MINTUR office in Mexico, told reporters that at the close of last year a total of 66,700 Mexicans visited the Caribbean island. Now the main tourism authorities from both countries are working hard to achieve the new desired goal of 100,000 tourists in 2012.
To fulfil this there are a lots of incentives planned. In order to achieve this new target that is almost the double of last year’s, there’s a wide range of promotional activities that the Caravan has organises and which will be staged at every Mexican city the tourism board stops at.
This caravan tour is the result of an exchange between various tour operators and Mexican airlines to promote Cuba holidays as a top destination in the Caribbean as well as showcasing its offers for the summer and winter seasons.
Perez also revealed that several tourism and travel events have been planned for the month of November this year which are all due to take place in Mexico and Cuba will also be participating. One of the places where Cuba will have a strong presence, for example, is in the International Cultural Tourism Fair in the city Morelia, a town in the Mexican province of Michoacan.
Alicia Perez also went on to reveal that 2011 is set to be a very good year for Cuba holidays and added that because in Mexico there are many possibilities and potential, this Latin American country will continue to send an increasing number of Mexican tourists to the island.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Enjoy the long list of fun options for all the family or bask on Varadero's pure white sands
- Sample a host of activities including snorkelling, kayaking, windsurfing, golf and more.
- Located on a gorgeous stretch of Varadero beach.
- Enjoy 24-hour all-inclusive service.
Lifelong memories await for you in the pristine beaches of Varadero and one of Havana's most iconic hotels
- Indulge in a number of all-inclusive restaurants at Iberostar Tainos, from delicious Japanese cuisine to international fine-dining experiences
- Capture the 1950's swing vibe when staying at Habana Riviera Hotel steeped in history with the lobby bar in particular having a genuine 50's atmosphere
- Why not to upgrade your arrival transfer to an american vintage car for an extra £19 per person
Relax on one of the best beaches in the world and enjoy the endless fun this the All Inclusive iberostar tainos
- Relax and unwind at the onsite spa with a variety of treatments and massages on offer
- Enjoy non-motorised watersports including: windsurfing, sailing and snorkeling
- Experience the all-inclusive delights with a choice of four restaurants and five bars
The unlimited heaven of tranquillity in a perfect setting
- The luxurious 5 star accommodation ensures a comfortable adventure.
- Iberostar Parque Central Hotel is a great base to discover Havana's historic Old Town.
- Activities throughout the day at Iberostar Varadero Hotel , including aerobics, archery, basketball, beach volleyball, football, kayaking and more.
Start your Cuban experience at the NH Capri Hotel, one of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the...
Your Cuban experience begins at the memories miramar havana, a 4-star hotel located right at the heart of the classy...
The Iberostar Parque Central Hotel is the perfect place to feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, and will...
Beautifully perched on the panoramic Mensura Hill, surrounded by striking greenery, this blessed and secluded natural...
Get away to one of Cuba's best kept secrets for a dream holiday at Club Amigo Atlantico. Guardalavaca is known to host...
This enchanting villa hotel is surrounded by exuberant tropical plants and is perfectly located in a high point towering...