Mexico Culture and Tourism Links to be Discussed at Kultur Forum 2011
Tourism officials are planning to promote links between Mexico, Cancun holidays and the country's culture offerings at the Kultur Forum 2011, which takes place on 15th-17th June in Valle de Bravo and will to be attended by experts from both industries.
Mexico’s tourism officials will be discussing the potential links between tourism and culture at this year’s Kultur Forum which will be taking place this week.
A gathering of experts from both industries will be attending the event on 15th-17th June in the popular tourist destination of Valle de Bravo. The forum will focus on Mexico and Cancun holidays, UNESCO World Heritage Sites, cultural festivals and Mexican cuisine.
National Tourism Forum Director, Fernando Marti, said: "A product of its culture, Mexico has a very deeply rooted and rich identity, but its potential is limited from not sharing the stage with tourism, and its magic is forgotten."
Marti added that the Kultur Forum 2011 will be held in the central state of Mexico, also known as the Magic Town, and is expected to be attended by cultural and business leaders who will present seminars on different topics and art presentations.
The forum will highlight Cancun hotels and resorts and other types of Mexican accommodation across the country, as well as national attractions, events, and popular tourist destinations.
The former Deputy Tourism Secretary, Sigfrido Paz Paredes, believes that Mexico does not know how to "sell its rich cultural offerings due to a lack of tourism and urban infrastructure", but also thinks that by creating links between tourism and cultural, more travellers are likely to book Mexico holidays in the future.
Last year, Mexico received 22.4 million foreign tourists with the majority of travellers taking holidays in Cancun and the Riviera Maya.
Cancun is located in the state of Quintana Roo on the Yucatan Peninsula in eastern Mexico. The thriving city boasts an active nightlife, a variety of restaurants and a wide selection of Cancun hotels.
The outskirts of the city are home to an array of beautiful sites including pristine white sand palm-fringed beaches, ancient Mayan archaeological sites, and turquoise waters that provide perfect conditions for scuba diving and snorkelling.
The Mexican Tourism Minister, Gloria Guevara, recently assured visitors that travel to tourist destinations in Mexico is perfectly safe.
She said: "I would say that people can go to all the tourist destinations because all the tourist destinations are fine. It depends on whatever you like, but there are a lot of places you should visit and have a great time. Stay away from a couple of cities within the border."
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Mexico and Cancun Browse all
Stay close to all the action in a fabulous resort that's part of a beautiful ecological reserve and sits right next to Xcaret, Cancun's number one theme park.
- This resort is a fantastic choice for an exciting family holiday that you will never forget, why not make it extra special by upgrading to visit the amazing Xcaret Park (extra charges apply)
- Limitless all-inclusive fun and thrills for everyone in a beautiful eco-reserve facing a glorious beach
- Enjoy access to 11 Restaurants and 10 Bars catering to every taste and occasion & access to 7 glorious Swimming Pools including 1 at Royal Level, 1 salt water pool only for adults and 1 children's pool
Enjoy sweeping ocean views from your room, indulge in unlimited inclusions and soak up the best of Cancun at an unforgettable resort
- Book now and save for travel between May - October 2019 and enjoy an upgrade to a Preferred Club Deluxe Ocean View
- Set on a pristine stretch of private white sand fringing the Caribbean Sea, in the popular hotel district of the city
- Every luxury is included in the package - top-shelf spirits, gourmet meals, snacks and a great programme of day and night activities, including various water-sports
- Boutique-style guestrooms with ocean views and luxury amenities
Escape and indulge yourself at the recently opened Secrets The Vine, a haven of natural beauty and elegance on the shores of the Yucatan Peninsula
- Book now and save for travel between May - October 2019 and enjoy an upgrade to a Preferred Club Junior Suite Ocean View
- Signature element of wine with a winery including over 3000 varieties of wine
- Unlimited-Luxury® privileges include gourmet dining at 6 restaurants, a poolside grill, a cafe and unlimited top-shelf spirits at 6 bars and lounges
- Stay in an adults-only ultra deluxe beachside haven in the heart of Cancun sure to provide the perfect base for a great holiday
A secluded location at a beautiful all inclusive resort designed for adults only is perfect for a taste of romance enhanced by Mayan wonder
- Enjoy 24 hour room service, pool and beach waiter service, six swimming pools, water sports and more
- Experience fine dining and gourmet cuisine with a choice of nine unique restaurants
- Relax in style at this all-suite luxury resort situated on a pristine white sand beach
If you're searching for the perfect combination of beach fun and natural discovery, look no further than Occidental at...
Have the dreamiest of getaways at the magnificent, ultra all-inclusive Dreams Sands Cancun and make the most of the...
Take a holiday to the Caribbean resort of Cancun in Mexico. In the magnificent Moon Palace Cancun you will be perfectly...
Playacar is simply one of the most scintillating stretches of coastline in Mexico, if not the world. At Allegro Playacar...
Enjoy the many amazing facilities of the all-inclusive Iberostar Paraiso del Mar resort and delight yourself with the...
Soak up the sun in limitless luxury at Oasis Cancun Lite, surrounded by luscious gardens and an idyllic setting. Your...