Twin centre holidays with Cuba and Mexico could attract US holiday makers
A new joint travel package for Mexico and Cuba holidays could open up the opportunity of travel to the Caribbean island for American holidaymakers, according to Nick Verrastro, author of the Travel Market Report news website.
American travellers could soon have the chance of enjoying holidays to Cuba after the Travel Market Report news website announced the possibility of developing travel twin centre packages which would combine Mexico and Cuba holidays.
Author of the report, Nick Verrastro, explained that Cuba and Mexico announced their decision to work together to provide joint holiday packages at the 31st International Tourism Fair in Cuba (FITCUBA 2011) last month.
"Cuba is the Caribbean’s third most popular destination, according to Cuba’s tourism ministry, and that’s without benefit of travel from the destination’s number one travel market – the U.S. The U.S. market accounts for more than half of the Caribbean’s annual vacation visitors," Verrastro explained.
John McAuliff is the Executive Director of the Fund for Reconciliation and Development, which supports Cuba travel initiatives for American citizens. He added that this opportunity could give American travellers the chance to take holidays in Cuba under the new guideline announced by the U.S government where people-to-people programs can be operated through tour companies from a third country.
Earlier this year, U.S President Obama eased restrictins on Cuba travel for American travellers visiting the Caribbean island for cultural, educational, religious o academic purposes.
McAuliff said: “It is clear in the new guidelines that providers in third countries – tour operators in Mexico, the Cayman Islands and Jamaica, for example –can sell [Cuba] packages in the U.S.”
The combined package could open up the opportunity of Cuba holidays for Americans under the U.S guidelines and offer tours and cultural programmes in the country which will also help boost occupancy levels for Cuba hotels and increase revenue for local businesses.
The new tourism offering could also provide cruise links between Merida in Mexico and Havana in Cuba which would uncrease the number of tourists taking holidays to Cuba annually.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 10:30 - 18:30 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Unwind, relax and take it easy in Varadero before a truly Cuban experience in Havana
- Memories Miramar Havana is perfect for those wanting to visit the old Havana, yet stay in total luxury and comfort
- Miniclub for children from 2 to 12 years old at Blau Varadero
Relish the timeless charms of Cuba from the comfort of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels
- Stay at two of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels, bursting with modern comforts
- Explore Havana’s charismatic, timeless and bustling streets
- Relish an all-inclusive beach retreat, boasting an overabundance of facilities
Ideal for trendy couples - stay at a chic and sleek hotel in the heart of vibrant Havana and then Stay next to Cuba's famous Varadero beach
- Blau Varadero offers something for everyone with as little or as much as you want to do on offer including a spa
- Exclusive Couples offer - Welcome Cocktail, 1 hour free Wifi Access in Havana plus a bottle of wine on arrival, 30-minute massage and a Romantic Dinner in Varadero
- Be swept away by the amazing views of Havana from Capri's rooftop pool
A couples' special - enjoy the perfect mix of history, local culture and laidback beach retreat for the perfect romantic Cuban experience.
- Enjoy all kind of the Spa treatments, water and land sports at Blau Varadero
- Fantastic views to the ocean from the modern and elegant rooms with balcony or terrace
- The perfect location of Blau Varadero beside the pristine sandy beach
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Start your holiday at The Melia Habana Hotel, located in the heart of the elegant Miramar district, overlooking the sea....
The Iberostar Parque Central Hotel is the perfect place to feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, and will...
Beautifully perched on the panoramic Mensura Hill, surrounded by striking greenery, this blessed and secluded natural...
This enchanting villa hotel is surrounded by exuberant tropical plants and is perfectly located in a high point towering...
Get away to one of Cuba's best kept secrets for a dream holiday at Club Amigo Atlantico. Guardalavaca is known to host...