Santa Maria Key Hosts FITCUBA International Tourism Fair
Approximately 100 tourism professionals and journalists travelled to Santa Maria Key in Cuba last Thursday for the FITCUBA International Tourism Fair, an event which promotes national and international hotels, tourism companies, and travel to Cuba.
The FITCUBA International Tourism Fair travelled to Santa Maria Key last week, where over 100 tourism professionals and journalists enjoyed the beautiful natural surroundings of the northern keys.
Participants of FITCUBA stayed at the Barceló Cayo Santa Maria Caribe-Tropical Resort where they were welcomed by Cuban music and a special dinner.
The luxury five-star resort is situated close to the tourist town of La Estrella and is still under construction. The property features 1,386 suites and junior suites; and several restaurants including a buffet restaurant, grill restaurant and four other dining outlets which specialise in French, Mediterranean, Italian and Cuban-Dominican cuisine.
The programme included visits to Santa Maria Key's marina, the hotels Melia Buenavista and Melia Las Dunas, the World Heritage City of Remedios, the Ernesto Che Guevara Memorial in Santa Clara, and a tour through the Varadero resort in Matanzas, a popular destination for holidays in Cuba.
The FITCUBA International Tourism Fair ended on 8th May 2011 with Mexico as its guest country, and the Santa Maria Key has been announced as the host of FITCUBA 2012, which will have Argentina as its Guest of Honour country and Family Tourism as the focus of its promotions and products.
The FITCUBA events promoted travel to Cuba, historic attractions, natural landscapes, World Heritage Sites and hotels in Cuba, as well as international tourism products, destinations and tourism professionals.
The Santa Maria Key is situated to the north of the central province of Villa Clara and is home to the beautiful Las Brujas and Ensenachos keys.
Expanding over 13km in length and 2 km in width, the Santa Maria key is and a popular destination for Cuba holidays because of its pristine beaches and luxury Cuba hotels and resorts. Leading travel site, TripAdvisor, recently ranked the Santa Maria Key in the 25th position in the list of the most attractive beaches in the world.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cayo Santa Maria Browse all
Enjoy a Cuban holiday of a lifetime at two amazing hotels in stunning locations sure to create memories that will last a lifetime
- Call now to upgrade to the Sea View Room at NH Capri with a discount
- The stunning Dhawa Cayo Santa Maria Hotel is nestled on the stunning white sands of Cayo Santa Maria, the hotel has all the state-of-the-art facilities you would expect from a top hotel of it's nature
- Stay in the perfect Havana location at NH Capri right at the heart of the city, just footsteps away from the panoramic Malecon seaside promenade
The ultimate Cuba holiday combines a Iconic Havana city break, with a tropical island paradise to create memories that will last a lifetime
- The Royalton Cayo Santa Maria will make you feel like Royalty!
- Nacional de Cuba was built in 1930 in an art deco style and celebrities such as Winston Churchill, Ava Gardner and Frank Sinatra are among the many famous guests to stay here over the years
- Butler Service is included at the Royalton Cayo Santa Maria resort
Indulge all your senses on a luxurious stay in Havana and upon the coast of Cayo Santa Maria
- Indulge in Cayo Santa Maria's natural beauty, now deemed a UNESCO World Heritage site
- Iberostar Parque Central Hotel boasts a roof top swimming pool that overlooks the central park in Havana
- Iberostar Ensenachos Hotel has an enviable beachfront location in Cayo Santa Maria, the perfect place to relax and unwind in exclusive luxury
A 5* Caribbean beach retreat
- The stay within the tranquil Miramar district, close to Old Havana
- The stay upon a deserted snow white beach in Cayo santa maria
- The 5* accommodation and facilities
One of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the Capri is a legendary property with over...
Sol Cayo Santa Maria lies in the northeast of the province of Villa Clara, in the Caribbean archipelago of Jardines del...
The Iberostar Parque Central Hotel is centrally located in the heart of historic Havana. Surrounded by some of...
Searching for a charming beach retreat with a twist? Why not head to Cuba and enjoy a stunning all-inclusive beach...