Cayo Santa Maria Beach in Cuba named amongst Top 25 beaches in the World
Cayo Santa Maria's beaches have been named amongst the Top 25 beaches in the world by TripAdvisor for their picturesque landscapes, warm azure ocean waters and the selection of luxurious Cayo Santa Maria hotels.
TripAdvisor has named the beaches of Cayo Santa Maria, Cuba amongst the Top 25 beaches in the world. The tourist resort of Cayo Santa Maria is located in the northeast of the central Cuban province Villa Clara and the main stretch of Cayo Santa Maria beach was ranked number 21 on the list of Top 25 beaches in the World.
TripAdvisor, the world's largest travel website, has recently announced the winners of the 2011 "Traveller's Choice Awards" using information from over 20 million reviewers to select the awards within the Top 10 or Top 25 categories.
The best features of the Cuban beach were highlighted by reviewers and include the beautiful landscapes, pristine and warm waters, and the quality of services, guest rooms and cuisine within its five beachfront Cayo Santa Maria hotels: Melia Buenavista, Melia Las Dunas, Melia Cayo Santamaria, Sol Cayo Santa Maria and Barcelo Cayo Santa Maria.
With an overall capacity of nearly 3,000 rooms available from all inclusive Cuba hotels in Cayo Santa Maria, travellers can relax within the beachfront surroundings where they can enjoy scuba diving and snorkelling activities from any of the area's 24 snorkelling and diving points along the stretch of coast.
Cayo Santa Maria boasts 11 kilometres of pristine beaches and is accessible via the 48 km causeway which connects it to the area of Caibarien, in Villa Clara in Central Cuba.
The Top 25 beach spots were awarded to beaches in the United States, Europe, Asia, Canada, the South Pacific, the Caribbean, Mexico, and Central and South America.
The white sand beaches of Providenciales in Turks and Caicos won the top spot on the world's Top 25 beaches and other beaches around the world that ranked in the list included Boracay in the Philippines, Eagle Beach in Aruba, Negril beaches in Jamaica, Tulum beaches in Mexico, and Punta Cana's beaches in the Dominican Republic.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 19:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cayo Santa Maria Browse all
Enjoy a Cuban holiday of a lifetime at two amazing hotels in stunning locations sure to create memories that will last a lifetime
- Call now to upgrade to the Sea View Room at NH Capri with a discount
- The stunning Dhawa Cayo Santa Maria Hotel is nestled on the stunning white sands of Cayo Santa Maria, the hotel has all the state-of-the-art facilities you would expect from a top hotel of it's nature
- Stay in the perfect Havana location at NH Capri right at the heart of the city, just footsteps away from the panoramic Malecon seaside promenade
The ultimate Cuba holiday combines a Iconic Havana city break, with a tropical island paradise to create memories that will last a lifetime
- The Royalton Cayo Santa Maria will make you feel like Royalty!
- Nacional de Cuba was built in 1930 in an art deco style and celebrities such as Winston Churchill, Ava Gardner and Frank Sinatra are among the many famous guests to stay here over the years
- Butler Service is included at the Royalton Cayo Santa Maria resort
Explore the magic of Havana and stay on a remote private island which has two of the country's best beaches
Enjoy a perfectly matched multi-centre holiday that combines exploration and relaxation
- The holiday provides the perfect combination of hustle and bustle and relaxation
- Switch your Havana stay to the brand-new 5-star Iberostar Grand Packard Hotel from and extra £99 per person
- Iberostar Parque Central Hotel has a superb Havana location and a rooftop pool
- Iberostar Ensenachos Hotel is located on one of the most exclusive beaches in Cuba and boasts top of the range facilities
- Add two nights at the Iberostar Grand Trinidad, plus on extra night at the Iberostar Ensenachos, from an extra £299 per person
Take in the historic sites in Havana and Cienfuegos before total beach relaxation in Cayo Santa Maria
- The Melia Habana is ranked second out of 81 hotels in Havana by TripAdvisor users and has amazing sea views
- Relax, unwind and rejuvenate at the 5-star Meliá Cayo Santa María on 24-hr All Inclusive
- Hotel La Union is located in the city centre of Cienfuegos, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, thanks to its classical architecture
One of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the 50s, the Capri is a legendary property with over...
Sol Cayo Santa Maria lies in the northeast of the province of Villa Clara, in the Caribbean archipelago of Jardines del...
The Iberostar Parque Central Hotel is centrally located in the heart of historic Havana. Surrounded by some of...
Situated on the pure white sandy beaches of Cayo Santa Maria off Cuba's north central coast in the Jardines del Rey...