Havanatur Signs Global Agreement with Amadeus to expand their Cuba holidays portfolio
Havanatur, a tour operator which has specialised in Cuba holidays for over thirty years, has signed an agreement with Amadeus IT Holding S.A to make its reservations available to over 90,000 outlets within the global tourism and recreational industry.
The Cuban tour operator and ground handler Havanatur has announced that it has signed an agreement with Amadeus IT Holding S.A, which will enable it to access the Amadeus System and reach over 90,000 travel agencies.
The new agreement will provide Havanatur with technological solutions and process transactions across the global tourism and recreational industry, to expand the travel company’s offerings within the Cuba holidays market.
The tour operator specialises in organising tours and holidays in Cuba and has been operating for over thirty years. The company runs 50 overseas offices across more than 40 countries, including Germany, Argentina, Bahamas, Canada, Chile, Spain, France, Italy, Mexico, United Kingdom and Russia.
Havanatur also specialises in the finding the best deals for tourists planning holidays to Cuba including car rental, Cuba hotels, cruise holidays, flights, transfers, packages, entertainment and tours.
By using the Amadeus System, Havanatur will be able to reach almost 90,000 travel agencies and 59,000 airline offices. Travellers will also be able to make reservations for Cuba holidays and select from over 430 airlines, 103 trains, 21 cruise lines, and 36,868 car rental offices across the world.
The new agreement has come just at the right time for Cuba as the island is expecting a greater influx of visitors this year; after the eased restrictions on the US-Cuba travel embargo which allows American tourists to visit the Caribbean island for religious, academic, cultural and educational purposes.
The island’s tourism ministry has set a target of three million visitors by the end of 2011 (a whopping increase from 2.4 million tourists last year) and many charter flights and ferry services have already started operating from U.S. airports and sea ports to bring the American travellers to their first-ever holidays to Cuba.
Cuba offers an array of activities, cultural traditions, sights and attractions such as the world’s second largest barrier reef, the bustling and historic capital city of Havana, several pristine uncrowded beaches, authentic cuisine, warm hospitality and historical sites and towns.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 19:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Enjoy the long list of fun options for all the family or bask on Varadero's pure white sands
- Sample a host of activities including snorkelling, kayaking, windsurfing, golf and more.
- Located on a gorgeous stretch of Varadero beach.
- Enjoy 24-hour all-inclusive service.
Lifelong memories await for you in the pristine beaches of Varadero and one of Havana's most iconic hotels
- Indulge in a number of all-inclusive restaurants at Iberostar Tainos, from delicious Japanese cuisine to international fine-dining experiences
- Capture the 1950's swing vibe when staying at Habana Riviera Hotel steeped in history with the lobby bar in particular having a genuine 50's atmosphere
- Why not to upgrade your arrival transfer to an american vintage car for an extra £19 per person
The unlimited heaven of tranquillity in a perfect setting
- The luxurious 5 star accommodation ensures a comfortable adventure.
- Iberostar Parque Central Hotel is a great base to discover Havana's historic Old Town.
- Activities throughout the day at Iberostar Varadero Hotel , including aerobics, archery, basketball, beach volleyball, football, kayaking and more.
Relax on one of the best beaches in the world and enjoy the endless fun this the All Inclusive iberostar tainos
- Relax and unwind at the onsite spa with a variety of treatments and massages on offer
- Enjoy non-motorised watersports including: windsurfing, sailing and snorkeling
- Experience the all-inclusive delights with a choice of four restaurants and five bars
Start your Cuban experience at the NH Capri Hotel, one of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the...
Your Cuban experience begins at the memories miramar havana, a 4-star hotel located right at the heart of the classy...
The Iberostar Parque Central Hotel is the perfect place to feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, and will...
Beautifully perched on the panoramic Mensura Hill, surrounded by striking greenery, this blessed and secluded natural...
This enchanting villa hotel is surrounded by exuberant tropical plants and is perfectly located in a high point towering...
Get away to one of Cuba's best kept secrets for a dream holiday at Club Amigo Atlantico. Guardalavaca is known to host...