Abu Dhabi's "Ask Ali" to host Etihad's in-flight television programme
Passengers taking Abu Dhabi holidays will be entertained during flights on Etihad Airways as the local cultural ambassador, Ali Al Saloom is signed up as the host of the airline's in-flight entertainment and television programme.
Ali Al Saloom has been signed up as the host of a new in-flight television programme for Etihad Airways which will provide entertainment for passengers during their flights to Abu Dhabi holidays.
The cultural ambassador will host the programme, “Welcome to Abu Dhabi with Ask Ali”, which will showcase the United Arab Emirates’ capital city and promote it as a global tourist destination. Ali will visit many of the city’s famous attractions and sites which are popular with travellers holidays in Abu Dhabi.
Ali is a well-known personality across the United Arab Emirates and is liked by many for his friendly and witty style of presentation and his local knowledge of Arabic heritage, culture and history.
The in-flight TV programme will be available to tourists taking Abu Dhabi holidays from 1st May, 2011.
Chief Commercial Officer of Etihad Airways, Peter Baumgartner, said: “Ali is a young and talented Emirati and who is passionate about promoting his country’s culture and heritage to residents and newcomers and so he was an ideal choice to host this program that we anticipate to become very popular amongst our customers from around the world.
“Etihad’s in-flight entertainment service is perfect to showcase the fantastic growth and opportunities that exist in Abu Dhabi whether it’s cultural, sporting or commercial, and the new program offers this and much more so our passengers are encouraged to tune the next time they fly with us.”
Abu Dhabi is the capital of the United Arab Emirates and is becoming a popular tourist destination for global travellers. The city is situated on an island just 250 metres from the mainland in the Arabian Peninsula and is a major commercial and cultural centre to the UAE because of its convenient location.
The emirate is a popular choice for travellers seeking luxury holidays and the city offers numerous high end Abu Dhabi hotels, over 10km of pristine public beaches, and a range of cultural sights, attractions and heritage sites.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Make your trip to Phuket one to remember at romantic and secluded Rawai beach
- Perfect for families or couples searching for their own slice of paradise
- Complimentary shuttle services to Ya Nui beach, Nai Harn beach and Kata beach
- Free upgrade to Deluxe Pool Access
Spend wonderful days exploring India's most iconic landmarks, diving deep into a world of wonder with a wealth of spectacular sights to discover
- Immersive tour that will introduce you to India - Home to the cities of Delhi, Agra and Jaipur, the golden triangle is an area of extraordinary cultural wealth and splendour
- Experience the bustling street life of Delhi, a city like no other, with teeming bazaars and the Great Mosque in Old Delhi
- Visit Jaipur's Hawa Mahal, an icon of Rajashtani architecture and the ethereally beautiful Taj Mahal of Agra
Ideal for trendy couples - stay at a chic and sleek hotel in the heart of vibrant Havana and then Stay next to Cuba's famous Varadero beach
- Blau Varadero offers something for everyone with as little or as much as you want to do on offer including a spa
- Exclusive Couples offer - Welcome Cocktail, 1 hour free Wifi Access in Havana plus a bottle of wine on arrival, 30-minute massage and a Romantic Dinner in Varadero
- Be swept away by the amazing views of Havana from Capri's rooftop pool
Use up to $2000 resort credit to indulge in spa treatments, golf sessions or a selection of excursions that will make your Cancun holiday truly unforgettable.
- Duran Duran in concert at Moon Palace on 29th December (tickets additional cost)
- Winner of the Trip Advisor 2015 Travellers Choice Award
- Enjoy the impressive $2000 Resort Credit per booking that you can spend on golf, spa treatments, dolphin swims, visit to Chichen Itza, Express Tour of Tulum, Family fun days out at the Wet 'N' Wild Waterpark and much more
- Whether you are looking for an active holiday or a relaxing break, Moon Palace Resort is an ideal destination for travellers of all ages
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Start your holiday at The Melia Habana Hotel, located in the heart of the elegant Miramar district, overlooking the sea....
The Iberostar Parque Central Hotel is the perfect place to feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, and will...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
Situated right at the heart of the Port Rashid district, the Hilton Garden Inn Dubai Al Mina sits ideally between the...
Located in the city centre business district, the DoubleTree by Hilton Ras Al Khaimah combines stylish accommodation and...