Cuba to Host 3rd International Gourmet Festival in April
Travellers planning Cuba holidays this April will be in for a culinary treat as the island hosts the 3rd International Gourmet Festival at the Plaza America Convention Centre in Varadero Beach with participants from Jamaica, Argentina, and the U.S.
Cuba is set to host the 3rd International Gourmet Festival this April in Varadero, bringing an array of culinary treats for local residents and tourists enjoying holidays in Cuba. The festival will be taking place between 6th and 8th April at the Plaza America Convention Centre in Varadero Beach; a popular seaside resort for Cuba holidays situated 87 miles east of the island’s capital city, Havana.
The event is being organised by Rene Garcia, Raudel Garcia and Yubelsi Perez, who announced in a recent press conference at the Havana Golf Club that 200 people from Argentina, South Africa, Jamaica and the United States would be attending the festival.
New products from several different countries will be featured at the annual festival and attendees will be able to enjoy interactive demonstrations, seminars, competitions and wine-tasting events.
The International Gourmet Festival will be jointly sponsored by the Ministry of Tourism (Mintur) and the entrepreneurial group, Palmares; in a bid to boost the island’s luxury tourism offer, showcase international cuisine and promote some of the best Cuba hotels.
Varadero is a resort town located in the province of Mantanzas on the northern coast of the Caribbean island. The area boasts more than 20km of beautiful pristine sandy beaches and is a popular destination for high end tourists taking holidays to Cuba. The town’s beachfront is lined with upscale four and five-star hotels and gourmet restaurants and tourists can enjoy a range of activities such as scuba diving, deep-sea fishing and yachting.
Cuba looks set to see an increase in American travellers booking Cuba holidays this year after President Obama recently relaxed restrictions on Cuba travel for U.S resident for cultural, religious, academic and educational purposes. This change to the decades-long U.S-Cuba travel embargo followed last year’s decision to allow unlimited travel for Cuban-American residents.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 10:30 - 18:30 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Ideal for trendy couples - stay at a chic and sleek hotel in the heart of vibrant Havana and then move on the shores of Cuba's most famous beach
- Get the honeymoon package with late check out, turn down service, special room upgrade and other services
- Full range of spa treatments for a more relaxing break at Blau Varadero, or a selection of water and land sports to choose from for the more active traveller
- Be swept away by the amazing panoramic views of Havana from the NH Capri's rooftop swimming pool
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana, staying in the residence of the 'stars', with a relaxing beach holiday in Cuba's world famous resort, Varadero
- Discover history and culture in Havana
- 15 restaurants and bars in Varadero
- Enjoy cabartes and live music
Fall in love with Havana and its heritage before basking on the pristine shores of Varadero
- Experience the world famous Varadero beach, where white sand is lapped by the azure waters when staying at Melia Varadero
- Stunning hotels in both Havana and Varadero that combine perfectly, offering the best of both worlds for adventure or relaxation
- Little touches to make your holiday extra special, including a welcome cocktail and a bottle of cava upon arrival in Havana and Varadero
The unlimited heaven of tranquillity in a perfect setting
- The luxurious 5 star accommodation ensures a comfortable adventure.
- Iberostar Parque Central Hotel is a great base to discover Havana's historic Old Town.
- Activities throughout the day at Iberostar Varadero Hotel , including aerobics, archery, basketball, beach volleyball, football, kayaking and more.
Start your Cuban experience at the NH Capri Hotel, one of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the...
Your Cuban experience begins at the memories miramar havana, a 4-star hotel located right at the heart of the classy...
The Iberostar Parque Central Hotel is the perfect place to feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, and will...
Beautifully perched on the panoramic Mensura Hill, surrounded by striking greenery, this blessed and secluded natural...
Get away to one of Cuba's best kept secrets for a dream holiday at Club Amigo Atlantico. Guardalavaca is known to host...
This enchanting villa hotel is surrounded by exuberant tropical plants and is perfectly located in a high point towering...