Abu Dhabi set to attract 1.9m hotel guests in 2011
The Abu Dhabi Tourism Authority is aiming to provide Abu Dhabi holidays for 1.9 million travellers across 22,000 hotel rooms in 2011, with a 15 percent rise on the target for the number of tourists who visited the emirate in 2010.
A target has been set in place by the Abu Dhabi Tourism Authority for the number of travellers expected to take Abu Dhabi holidays in 2011.
The Strategy and Policy Director of the Abu Dhabi Tourism Authority's (ADTA), Lawrence Franklin, said: "These targets will mean a 15 per cent rise on the 2010 hotel guest target, an increase of over 5,000 hotel rooms and a 0.4 per cent increase in overall non-oil GDP contribution."
Franklin added that the United Arab Emirate is looking to welcome attract more guests to book leisurely Abu Dhabi holidays.
"During 2011 we hope to shift the current business tourism dominated hotel guest profile to a more balanced business/leisure tourism split. We are confident we can achieve this because our leisure proposition has, and will, continue to grow.
"We have taken a major leap forward on the leisure scene with the recent opening of Ferrari World Abu Dhabi, the world's biggest indoor theme park. More intense focus on the leisure segment is in line with our strategy of increasing overall length of stay."
Abu Dhabi Tourism Authority is still collecting data to reveal the final statistics for the number of guests who stayed in Abu Dhabi hotels in 2010.
Franklin added: "However, it looks almost certain that the destination will have surpassed the 2010 target of 1.65 million guests as by the end of November - the figures had come within a whisker of that total."
In 2009, approximately 1.54 million guests stayed in hotels across Abu Dhabi, which was a significant increase to 960,000 tourists who visited the emirate in 2004.
The increase of luxury hotels in Abu Dhabi is expected to increase the number of visitors, plus a series of promotional activities which are scheduled to take place in Russia, Saud Arabia and the United States.
"We are looking for a wider geographic footprint, diversifying to complement our traditional Euro-centric markets with emerging source markets in line with evolving industry dynamics," added Franklin.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 19:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Abu Dhabi Browse all
Experience the spectacular and beautiful Intercontinental Abu Dhabi
- A landmark hotel, prized for its white sandy beach, marina and variety of restaurants
- Upgrade to All Inclusive package! Call us now!
- Choose from a huge variety of prized buzzing restaurants overlooking the water
A breathtaking destination that will take you beyond your wildest dreams!
- Visit Yas Waterworld for over 15 hectares of water rides, slides, a lazy river and much more
- Great location with lots of attractions within close proximity
- Amazing range of leisure activities to enjoy at Radisson Blu Yas Island
Start off your holiday at Al Raha Beach followed by a stay at Tilal Liwa Desert Resort
- Relax in the pool overlooking the Liwa dunes and the vast desert beyond as far as your eye can see
- Enjoy a wide range of unique experiences such as camel riding, desert safari, BBQ, wellness therapy and many more
- Al Raha overlooks a pristine ribbon of private beach, and you'll be within easy access to the Formula 1 theme park and downtown Abu Dhabi
Treat yourself to a twin destination experience like no other in India and Abu Dhabi
- The Hilton Abu Dhabi is only a short stroll away from the Marina Mall and Heritage Village
- Sample tha amazing flavours from 15 award-winning restaurants, lounges and bars in Abu Dhabi
- Visit the impressive Taj Mahal in Agra
Discover the hidden treasure in Abu Dhabi that is Crowne Plaza in Yas Island. It is the ideal accommodation for those...
Acquaint yourself with the luxurious Abu Dhabi lifestyle during a comfy 5-day stay at the Al Raha Beach Hotel....
Al Raha Beach Hotel offers magnificent views of the Arabian Gulf, just a short drive from the city and Abu Dhabi...
Smartline Eriyadu is located in the far North Western edge of the North Male Atoll. The island is perfect for a tropical...
Experience the height of luxurious comfort at the modern deluxe Pearl Rotana, designed to suit the needs of business,...
This stunning 4 star property, Novotel Abu Dhabi Al Bustan hotel, offers guests an ideal base from which to discover Abu...
A modern, stylish and affordable Abu Dhabi hotel conveniently located in within easy access to the Abu Dhabi Airport as...