Jamaica voted Best Caribbean Destination 2010 by Travel Weekly readers
Readers of the U.S travel industry magazine, Travel Weekly, have voted Jamaica as the "Best Caribbean Destination" for the second consecutive year, for travellers with top accommodation and over 150 during their Jamaica holidays.
Jamaica has been voted as the "Best Caribbean Destination" in this year's Readers Choice Awards for the second year in a row by readers of the leading US travel magazine, Travel Weekly.
The announcement was made the eighth annual Readers Choice Awards gala dinner which took place on Thursday 16th December at the Plaza Hotel in New York.
This time Jamaica holidays were chosen by readers over other islands in the Caribbean region such as St. Lucia, the Dominican Republic, Aruba, Barbados and the U.S Virgin Islands.
Jamaica's Director of Tourism, John Lynch, said: "Jamaica is delighted to once again receive this top honour by readers of Travel Weekly. This award is testimony to our ongoing efforts to enhance the quality of Jamaica's tourism industry, with continuous product development and expansion of our attraction offerings.
"We look forward to continuing to boost our appeal to travellers by offering the region's best and most comprehensive tourism product."
Travellers can enjoy more than 150 attractions during their Jamaica holidays as well as an array of Jamaica hotels which cater for families, high end travellers, honeymoons and romantic destination weddings.
With many airline offering direct flights to the Caribbean island, it is now even easier for travellers to enjoy holidays in Jamaica with its palm-fringed white sand beaches, sparkling turquoise ocean, tropical climate, forests, the Blue mountains, and natural harbours.
Arnie Weissmann, Vice President and Editor in Chief of Travel Weekly, said: "This award, voted by our trusted readers, represents the views of travel industry insiders."
Readers of Travel Weekly cast their votes for outstanding travel products, services and destinations within 59 different categories in an open ballot and the leading votes are then put through as finalists.
"Travel Weekly's readership understands what it takes to impress even the most discerning traveller. To be voted a winner in any category is confirmation that American travel agents and their customers view your travel product as one of the best in the industry."
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Jamaica Browse all
With a waterpark, onsite Robert Von Hagge Championship Golf Course and a spa for the ultimate in wellbeing, Hilton Rose Hall Resort and Spa offers a dream holiday
- Save upto 32% on all room types
- 2 Kids 14 years and under stay free*
- All Inclusive Resort with a selection of options
Located within 15 minutes from Sangster's International Airport and 5 minutes from three world-class golf courses
- Discounts of up to 30% off all room types included plus One Child stays free per paying adult
- Leave your daily stresses behind and relax with the magical spa services
- A wide selection of restaurants with an international gourmet buffet, where you can enjoy a variety of cuisine from breakfast pastries to Jamaican delicacies
Let time stand still at Jamaica' award winning resort where each morning, you awake to the sounds and scents of wild and pristine nature.
- New on Property Personal Sunset Concierge to help personalize your stay and ensure it is stress-free
- Incredible Savings of upto 45% plus enjoy complimentary access to the Club Mo Bay Lounge while waiting for your transfer
- Good selection of beverages and cocktails at any of the 3 bars and swim-up bar
Indulge and revel in the lap of luxury with that special someone when you visit Jamaica
- Ultimate Savings and upgrades for Summer 2019
- Catamaran for the exclusive use by Secrets Resorts & Spas guests
- Endless daytime activities such as snorkelling, sailing, basketball, introductory scuba lessons & many more
- The adults-only hotel boasts ultimate tranquility and Unlimited-Luxury® including 24-hour room service
Treat yourself to Jamaican sunshine at Sunscape Splash Montego Bay, perfectly paired with all-inclusive delights....
The Hilton Rose Hall is a five-star establishment in this area that sits strategically between the beautiful Blue...
Your relaxing stay at the adults only Sunset at the Palms starts with a complimentary fast-track service through Montego...
Spoil yourself with a week of sun and sand at one of Jamaica's most beautiful beaches. Your eight days in Rooms On The...
Nestled one mile away from the town of Negril, The Rondel Village Hotel is within close proximity to a multitude of...
If you're looking for a beautiful, elegant and exotic venue to celebrate a wedding, enjoy a honeymoon, or simply spend...