Oman Air celebrates first anniversary of high-tech fleet at World Travel Market
Oman Air is celebrating its first anniversary of Oman flights using its fleet of Airbus A330 aircraft which feature high-tech services such as in-flight mobile phone and Wi-Fi connectivity packages at this year's World Travel Market (WTM) in London.
Oman Air are celebrating at the annual World Travel Market in London this week with a huge brand new exhibition stand highlighting its high-tech fleet of Airbus A330 aircraft which have been operating Oman flights for one year.
The anniversary of the launch of the high-tech aircraft also marked the success of the airline's first six months into offering in-flight mobile phone and Wi-Fi connectivity packages during Oman flights.
Peter Hill, CEO of Oman Air, spoke at the World Travel Market: "We are delighted to be participating once again at WTM and to be further increasing awareness of our superb aircraft, expanding network and outstanding value. Working alongside our colleagues at Oman Tourism, we will also be promoting the Sultanate of Oman as a wonderful destination for both business and leisure travellers.
"Our new stand will be a great focus for agents and operators who want to find out more about how we can work together to offer the very best in air travel and build on the remarkable success of the last 12 months."
This year's exhibition stand showcased the airline's extra-long Business Class lie-flat seats and the Oman Air branded Porsche Carrera which is owned by Oman racing driving, Ahmad Al Harthy, enticing visitors to book their Oman holidays with the pioneering airline.
Peter Hill went on to speak of the high-tech services onboard Oman flights and said:
"The use of mobile phones, smartphones, laptops and a range of other personal devices is, of course, commonplace on the ground and introducing full connectivity in-flight means that business and leisure customers need no longer suspend their normal lives while they are travelling. We pioneered connectivity because we wanted to offer our customers innovatory in-flight services that would increase convenience and complement the benchmark-setting comfort, space and luxury we offer onboard our aircraft. Usage has continued to increase and customer feedback has been overwhelmingly positive."
"Our in-flight entertainment and connectivity are important elements of a wholesale transformation that has taken place at Oman Air over the last year. By focusing on quality, service, comfort, choice and innovation, we have created our own space within the market, as well as given other carriers a very serious run for their money. The last 12 months have been breath-taking and we are looking forward to the next 12 with a sense of genuine anticipation and excitement," he concluded.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Treat your family to an unforgettable adventure at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
- Exciting marine and entertainment attractions that the whole family can enjoy
- Free Half Board with a wide range of dining options
Spend wonderful days exploring India's most iconic landmarks, diving deep into a world of wonder with a wealth of spectacular sights to discover
- Immersive tour that will introduce you to India - Home to the cities of Delhi, Agra and Jaipur, the golden triangle is an area of extraordinary cultural wealth and splendour
- Experience the bustling street life of Delhi, a city like no other, with teeming bazaars and the Great Mosque in Old Delhi
- Visit Jaipur's Hawa Mahal, an icon of Rajashtani architecture and the ethereally beautiful Taj Mahal of Agra
Ideal for trendy couples - stay at a chic and sleek hotel in the heart of vibrant Havana and then Stay next to Cuba's famous Varadero beach
- Blau Varadero offers something for everyone with as little or as much as you want to do on offer including a spa
- Exclusive Couples offer - Welcome Cocktail, 1 hour free Wifi Access in Havana plus a bottle of wine on arrival, 30-minute massage and a Romantic Dinner in Varadero
- Be swept away by the amazing views of Havana from Capri's rooftop pool
Peace, relaxation and luxury come as standard in this amazing Indian Ocean getaway
- Easy access to the buzzing capital city of Male, where you can extend your experience of the Maldives
- Benefit from water bungalows that allow unfettered access to the ocean waters and feature private sun decks
- The main restaurants’ theme nights highlight cuisines from around the world ranging from Asian to Western dishes
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Start your holiday at The Melia Habana Hotel, located in the heart of the elegant Miramar district, overlooking the sea....
The Iberostar Parque Central Hotel is the perfect place to feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, and will...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
Situated right at the heart of the Port Rashid district, the Hilton Garden Inn Dubai Al Mina sits ideally between the...
Located in the city centre business district, the DoubleTree by Hilton Ras Al Khaimah combines stylish accommodation and...