Middle East travellers discover paradise on Seychelles holidays
Turquoise waters, deserted pristine white sand beaches, and thriving jungles are just a few reasons why travellers from the Middle East choosing to take Seychelles holidays has increased over the last two years.
Over the last two years, the number of travellers from the Middle East enjoying Seychelles holidays has increased significantly.
The idyllic archipelago of 115 islands in the Indian Ocean feature palm-fringed powdery white beaches, lush green jungles, and warm crystal clear waters perfect for snorkelling or scuba diving.
Travellers can hop on a four and a half hour flight from the Gulf and enjoy short weekend breaks or longer luxurious Seychelles holiday to the beautiful collection of islands.
A collection of high end Seychelles hotels and luxury resorts offers idyllic settings for weddings abroad and romantic honeymoons with unspoiled and deserted beaches and a tropical climate.
In 2009, the Seychelles saw 6,370 travellers from the Middle East visit the islands and the Seychelles Tourism Board are predicting that these figures will double by 2012.
The Middle East has the most connections and flight links to the Seychelles with Qatar Airways operating flights to the islands four times a week; Emirates offering daily flights; and plans in the pipeline for a new Etihad route.
The Middle East have also been investing in the region with the addition of new hotel projects worth US$1.4 billion including the all inclusive Indian Ocean resort, Emirates Cap Terney; Four Seasons; and Kempinski Raffles, which is expected to attract high end travellers.
The thriving jungles, natural landscapes and breathtaking underwater sites enable tourists to experience paradise at its finest whilst enjoying island hopping excursions, snorkelling and scuba diving activities.
Alain St.Ange, CEO of Seychelles Tourism Board, said: "An increasing number of tourists are no longer content to just ‘flop and drop' when on holiday, but are in search of genuine experiences to take home.
"Seychelles is becoming an increasingly attractive holiday option on account of its unprocessed nature. While other destinations have rushed ahead of themselves in catering for tourists and lost much of their identity in doing so, Seychelles has grown its tourism at a gentler pace, and today still reflects much that is traditional and authentic of the age-old island way of living."
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Seychelles Browse all
Experience this tropical island at the stunning Berjaya Beau Vallon Bay Resort & Casino
- As the Seychelles islands are blessed with a warm, tropical climate year-round, it's always a good time to visit
- Wide selection of facilities and activities including a 5-star PADI diving centre and a casino
- One daily complimentary shuttle service is provided to Victoria
Enjoy the exquisite food an amazing service to match at Doubletree by Hilton Seychelles Allamanda resort and spa
- Take advantage of fantastic watersports on offer including canoeing, snorkelling and scuba diving
- Relax in a private whirlpool or indulge in treatments at the spa
- Enjoy daily Creole afternoon tea and romantic candlelit dinners on the beach
Create memories you'll cherish forever with a twin destination break in the Seychelles and Dubai
- Enjoy complimentary tea and coffee in Silhouette Lounge
- Benefit from the high-speed internet access and wireless connectivity
- Take advantage of the FREE introductory diving lessons
Set in the breath-taking lagoon area of Mahe, this is certainly a resort that offers elegance as well as an exquisite setting.
- Dining options to suit all tastes from gourmet experiences to casual fare
- Indulge in spa treatments including Elemental Herbology for ultimate skin conditioning
- Swim in the Olympic-length swimming pool, try your luck at the casino and children will love the kids club
One of Mahe's largest hotels, the Coral Strand enjoys a prime beachfront location on the island's most famous beach, at...
Located on the largest island of the Seychelles, Mahe, the Kempinski Seychelles boasts modern luxury rooms and suites...
The unique all-villa Hilton Seychelles Labriz Resort & Spa is located on the tropical island of Silhouette, where...
Set 25m from the Au Cap beach on the Island of Mahe lies the cheerful Reef Holiday Apartments. These affordable...
Located in the south of Mahe Island, Au Fond De Mer View is a family-run hotel with stunning views of Anse Royale bay....
Situated on the northern coast of Mahe, Villa Koket is ideal for those looking for a peaceful self-catering getaway near...