Showcasing Cuba holidays in Uruguayan Fair
As part of the Autentica Cuba campaign which the island's ministry of tourism has created to show the best of Cuba to the world, Uruguay has been the next destination to witness Autentica Cuba's display of the island's rich and varied tourism products.
Just last Wednesday a new campaign promoting Cuba holidays was presented by the island's Ministry of Tourism during a special exhibition at the opening of the VII Uruguay´s Tourism Fair Encotur 2010, attended by Hector Lescano, Uruguay''s Minister of Tourism.
As part as the Caribbean island's new promotional campaign entitled Authentic Cuba, Luis Felipe Aguilera, director of the Office of Information and Tourist Promotion of the island for the Southern Cone, showed a six-minute video showcasing the various attractions that can be visited during holidays in Cuba.
Aguilera said that the material shows the excellent conditions in Cuba for enjoying the sun and beaches, and other values such as authenticity, security and the rich cultural, historical and natural heritage.
In addition to the views of different touristic places of the island such as its capital Havana and Varadero, the background music is tempered by prominent bands such as Los Muñequitos de Matanzas, Klimax and Pupi y los que Son Son.
At the opening of the meeting, Lescano said that the so-called "smokeless industry" will have a central place in public policies in Uruguay for supporting the private sector, which is essential in the development of the activity, he said.
The seventh version of Encotur, a marketing meeting in the region, has 70 Latin American exhibitors and the exhibitions will end on Wednesday.
On Thursday, a business conference is scheduled in which companies invited by the exhibitors will participate in the VIP lounge of the event
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 19:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Unwind, relax and take it easy in Varadero before a truly Cuban experience in Havana
- Memories Miramar Havana is perfect for those wanting to visit the old Havana, yet stay in total luxury and comfort
- Miniclub for children from 2 to 12 years old at Blau Varadero
Relish the timeless charms of Cuba from the comfort of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels
- Stay at two of Cuba’s most cutting edge hotels, bursting with modern comforts
- Explore Havana’s charismatic, timeless and bustling streets
- Relish an all-inclusive beach retreat, boasting an overabundance of facilities
A couples' special - enjoy the perfect mix of history, local culture and laidback beach retreat for the perfect romantic Cuban experience.
- Enjoy all kind of the Spa treatments, water and land sports at Blau Varadero
- Fantastic views to the ocean from the modern and elegant rooms with balcony or terrace
- The perfect location of Blau Varadero beside the pristine sandy beach
Fall in love with Havana and its heritage before basking on the pristine shores of Varadero
- Stunning hotels in both Havana and Varadero that combine perfectly, offering the best of both worlds for adventure or relaxation
- Little touches to make your holiday extra special, including a welcome cocktail and a bottle of cava upon arrival in Havana and Varadero
- Experience the world famous Varadero beach, where white sand is lapped by the clear waters when staying at Melia Varadero
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Start your holiday at The Melia Habana Hotel, located in the heart of the elegant Miramar district, overlooking the sea....
The Iberostar Parque Central Hotel is the perfect place to feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, and will...
Beautifully perched on the panoramic Mensura Hill, surrounded by striking greenery, this blessed and secluded natural...
This enchanting villa hotel is surrounded by exuberant tropical plants and is perfectly located in a high point towering...
Get away to one of Cuba's best kept secrets for a dream holiday at Club Amigo Atlantico. Guardalavaca is known to host...