Celebrating one year of Barbados holidays serviced by Jet Blue
Hailing the great contribution the airline has made to the Barbadian tourism industry, las Friday 1st October, Barbados celebrated JetBlue Airways first year of non-stop operations to the Caribbean island.
Last Friday, 1st October, the industry of Barbados holidays celebrated the first anniversary of JetBlue Airways’ non-stop service to the island.
Approximately 85,000 passengers have travelled with JetBlue to and from Barbados holidays since the airline began daily non-stop flights between Grantley Adams International Airport in Bridgetown and New York's John F. Kennedy International Airport on Oct. 1, 2009, representing an increase in tourist arrivals by more than 20 percent with more than 32,000 tourists visiting the island as of September 10, 2010.
In applauding the JetBlue service out of New York, Minister of Tourism, Richard Sealy, stated that he has been very pleased with what the carrier has brought to the island with the opportunity to open the door for many new visitors to Barbados.
“JetBlue has an excellent reputation in the industry, and has done wonderful things for Barbados in the past year,” - Sealy explained - “The carrier’s service fits in perfectly with Government’s strategy of increasing our levels of business out the US market, and we look forward to continuing a long and mutually beneficial partnership.”
As a mark of celebration for the 1-year anniversary, travelers to the JetBlue’s Terminal 5 at JFK Airport were greeted by island sights and sounds while enjoying two live performances at 4 p.m. and 7 p.m. by Barbadian jazz saxophonist, Elan Trotman and band. There were special giveaways and prizes, as well as JetBlue-Barbados flight discounts.
JetBlue operates its Barbados service with spacious 150-seat Airbus A320 aircraft. Travelers enjoy all of the amenities for which JetBlue has become well-regarded: complimentary seat-back television programming; comfortable leather seats; the most legroom in coach of any USairline; unlimited free snacks; and, industry-leading customer service.
Voted "Most Eco-Friendly Airline" by Zagat's Airline Survey in 2008 and 2009, New York-based JetBlue Airways has created a new airline category based on value, service and style.
In 2010, the carrier also ranked "Highest in Customer Satisfaction Among Low-Cost Carriers in North America" by JD Power and Associates, customer satisfaction recognition received for the sixth year in a row.
JetBlue currently serves 61 cities with 650 daily flights.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Treat your family to an unforgettable adventure at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
- Exciting marine and entertainment attractions that the whole family can enjoy
- Free Half Board with a wide range of dining options
Spend wonderful days exploring India's most iconic landmarks, diving deep into a world of wonder with a wealth of spectacular sights to discover
- Immersive tour that will introduce you to India - Home to the cities of Delhi, Agra and Jaipur, the golden triangle is an area of extraordinary cultural wealth and splendour
- Experience the bustling street life of Delhi, a city like no other, with teeming bazaars and the Great Mosque in Old Delhi
- Visit Jaipur's Hawa Mahal, an icon of Rajashtani architecture and the ethereally beautiful Taj Mahal of Agra
Ideal for trendy couples - stay at a chic and sleek hotel in the heart of vibrant Havana and then Stay next to Cuba's famous Varadero beach
- Blau Varadero offers something for everyone with as little or as much as you want to do on offer including a spa
- Exclusive Couples offer - Welcome Cocktail, 1 hour free Wifi Access in Havana plus a bottle of wine on arrival, 30-minute massage and a Romantic Dinner in Varadero
- Be swept away by the amazing views of Havana from Capri's rooftop pool
Peace, relaxation and luxury come as standard in this amazing Indian Ocean getaway
- Easy access to the buzzing capital city of Male, where you can extend your experience of the Maldives
- Benefit from water bungalows that allow unfettered access to the ocean waters and feature private sun decks
- The main restaurants’ theme nights highlight cuisines from around the world ranging from Asian to Western dishes
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Start your holiday at The Melia Habana Hotel, located in the heart of the elegant Miramar district, overlooking the sea....
The Iberostar Parque Central Hotel is the perfect place to feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, and will...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
Situated right at the heart of the Port Rashid district, the Hilton Garden Inn Dubai Al Mina sits ideally between the...
Located in the city centre business district, the DoubleTree by Hilton Ras Al Khaimah combines stylish accommodation and...