International Meeting on Sustainable Tourism to be hosted in Cuba
The next International Meeting on Sustainable Tourism is scheduled to take place in Cuba from 6-9th November 2010. As the selected host by the Canadian CETA Organisation, the event will be attended by international experts on the topic .
Touching on the sensitive topic of sustainable tourism and expanding on the Eco potential of greener Cuba holidays, the Caribbean island is set to be the proud host of the next International Meeting on Sustainable Tourism taking in November this year. The meeting will take place at the Melia Cohiba hotel in Havana from November 6 to 9 and will be attended by some 300 participants from all over the world, as representative of the Cuban Conventions Bureau announced.
During this event that will serve the secondary purpose of talking about the future of sustainable Caribbean holidays, with a special focus on Cuba holidays, the core topic discussed will be creating an economically feasible, social tourism product that generate benefits for both the region and its visitors.
According to the web page edutourismconference.org, the event looks to raise the international awareness on the importance of developing sustainable tourism by connecting education, culture and environment to the leisure industry.
Likewise, the meeting will address educational tourism as a way to strengthen the preservation and improvement of the environment by having both the traveler and locals committed.
The website says Cuba was selected as the venue for the event because of the international recognition to its beauty, vibrant culture and educational system,assets that make it an ideal destination for the development of the emerging tourism model.
The conference was called by the Canadian organization CETA (Canadian EduTourism Associates Cooperative Limited) and will be attended by international experts like Ted Manning, with the WTO Sustainable Development of Tourism Department.
This ecological event is also sponsored by the Cuban Tourism ministry and Department of Foreign Affairs, which hopes to gain insight into the better management of ecological resorts to keep holidays in Cuba as appealing and as environmentally immaculate as possible. International Trade Canada will another main sponsor to the event.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 10:30 - 18:30 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Ideal for trendy couples - stay at a chic and sleek hotel in the heart of vibrant Havana and then move on the shores of Cuba's most famous beach
- Get the honeymoon package with late check out, turn down service, special room upgrade and other services
- Full range of spa treatments for a more relaxing break at Blau Varadero, or a selection of water and land sports to choose from for the more active traveller
- Be swept away by the amazing panoramic views of Havana from the NH Capri's rooftop swimming pool
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana, staying in the residence of the 'stars', with a relaxing beach holiday in Cuba's world famous resort, Varadero
- Discover history and culture in Havana
- 15 restaurants and bars in Varadero
- Enjoy cabartes and live music
Fall in love with Havana and its heritage before basking on the pristine shores of Varadero
- Experience the world famous Varadero beach, where white sand is lapped by the azure waters when staying at Melia Varadero
- Stunning hotels in both Havana and Varadero that combine perfectly, offering the best of both worlds for adventure or relaxation
- Little touches to make your holiday extra special, including a welcome cocktail and a bottle of cava upon arrival in Havana and Varadero
The unlimited heaven of tranquillity in a perfect setting
- The luxurious 5 star accommodation ensures a comfortable adventure.
- Iberostar Parque Central Hotel is a great base to discover Havana's historic Old Town.
- Activities throughout the day at Iberostar Varadero Hotel , including aerobics, archery, basketball, beach volleyball, football, kayaking and more.
Start your Cuban experience at the NH Capri Hotel, one of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the...
Your Cuban experience begins at the memories miramar havana, a 4-star hotel located right at the heart of the classy...
The Iberostar Parque Central Hotel is the perfect place to feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, and will...
Beautifully perched on the panoramic Mensura Hill, surrounded by striking greenery, this blessed and secluded natural...
Get away to one of Cuba's best kept secrets for a dream holiday at Club Amigo Atlantico. Guardalavaca is known to host...
This enchanting villa hotel is surrounded by exuberant tropical plants and is perfectly located in a high point towering...