Caribbean holidays industry welcome $2.2m regional tourism project
Numerous businesses which specialise in the tourism and Caribbean holidays industry will benefit from a new $2.2 million regional project funded by the European Union and the PROINVEST agency, aimed at helping to improve the quality of services.
Eighty businesses that specialise in Caribbean holidays and tourism across the Caribbean will benefit from a $2.2 million regional project which will be aimed at improving the services available to tourists and clients.
Businesses across Antigua, Barbados, the Bahamas, Barbuda, Dominica, Grenada, Guyana, Jamaica, Trinidad, and Tobago will receive help from the new Caribbean project where they will receive hospitality assured certification.
The regional programme will last 15 months and will help all types of businesses in the Caribbean holidays industry including hotels, historic sites and attractions, restaurants, dive operators and many other tourism services.
The programme was officially launched at the Collymore Rock, St Michael headquarters of the Caribbean Tourism Organisation (CTO) after many people had complained that the level of service was of an average standard and there were only "pockets of excellent service within the region".
The Caribbean Tourism Organisation's Director of Human Relations, Bonita Morgan, said: "We want to change that thinking and to change to culture within the organisations to recognise that .... to really be competitive in this very competitive business of tourism that we are in the business of service quality has to be one of the key areas that we pay attention to."
CTO's Secretary General Hugh Riley believe that many promoters and tourism planners within the Caribbean holidays industry were confusing value with discount and deals and said that the new project had come just in time as the Caribbean begins to recover from the aftermath of the global economic recession. The EU is hoping that tourists arrivals in regions across the Caribbean will return to the level they were at two years ago.
Tourism officials hope that the new project will help encourage more travellers to book their Caribbean holidays and help give a boost in tourism to business including Antigua hotels, and historic sites and attractions for travellers enjoying Barbados holidays.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Caribbean and Costa Rica Browse all
Lifelong memories await for you in the pristine beaches of Varadero and one of Havana's most iconic hotels
- Indulge in a number of all-inclusive restaurants at Iberostar Tainos, from delicious Japanese cuisine to international fine-dining experiences
- Capture the 1950's swing vibe when staying at Habana Riviera Hotel steeped in history with the lobby bar in particular having a genuine 50's atmosphere
- Why not to upgrade your arrival transfer to an american vintage car for an extra £19 per person
Relax on one of the best beaches in the world and enjoy the endless fun this the All Inclusive iberostar tainos
- Relax and unwind at the onsite spa with a variety of treatments and massages on offer
- Enjoy non-motorised watersports including: windsurfing, sailing and snorkeling
- Experience the all-inclusive delights with a choice of four restaurants and five bars
Use up to $2500 resort credit to indulge in spa treatments, golf sessions or a selection of excursions that will make your Cancun holiday truly unforgettable
- Kids and Teens Stay Free
- Exclusive Room Upgrade
- Up to $2,500 Resort Credit
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
Enjoy a holiday filled with sun and sand at Be Live Collection Punta Cana. To give you a teaser, expect plenty of...
Start your Cuban experience at the NH Capri Hotel, one of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the...
The Iberostar Parque Central Hotel is the perfect place to feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, and will...
Create unforgettable memories at the heart of Barbados' western coast at a collection of one bedroom apartments. Halcyon...
Beautifully perched on the panoramic Mensura Hill, surrounded by striking greenery, this blessed and secluded natural...
You can enjoy all the aspects of this charming island at Worthing Court Apartment Hotel, as the elegant eco-friendly...