Cuba holidays showcased at tourism fair in Jinan
The best of Cuba's holiday and tourism products are being showcased in the Chinese city of Jinan during the International Tourism Fair currently taking place in eastern China.
Cuba's tourism products, services and holiday destinations are among the highlights currently being showcased at the International Tourism Fair in Jinan, Shadong, in eastern China as the Caribbean island tries to promote Cuba holidays among far eastern travellers.
At the fair's opening, Elizabeth Vela, Cuban Tourism Ministry representative in China, said the key goal was to expand mutual knowledge about the two communist-led countries and in the process of presenting them with what Cuba holidays had to offer, they'd also learn about the Chinese holidaymakers themselves.
"We want to show them the real face of Cuba, and we want the Chinese people to be the ones who bring to our country the reality of this great nation, which has experienced impressive development in the last 30 years," Vela stated to an audience of travel agency representatives, tour operators, investors and journalists.
The display was designed to feature abundant visual promotion of Cuba holidays across many destinations of tourist interest, including its isolated keys and islets, cities and beaches, historic monuments and museums; all as part of the Autentica Cuba campaign launched on 20th July and first showcased in Beijing. The campaign tour promoting Cuba holidays in China has already visited Shanghai, Xi An (Shaanxi), and Hangzhou, Zhejiang.
The Cuban official noted that Cuba was the first country in the Americas chosen by Chinese authorities as the 2003 Tourism Destination, paving the way for those wishing to learn about the Caribbean island in situ.
Cuba has since introduced language training to provide Chinese tourists with the best services, while official statistics chart an increasing inflow, from 670 visitors in 1994 to a sizable 12,000 last year.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 19:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Expect luxury, comfort and relaxation!
- Enjoy complimentary perks, including a bottle of sparkling wine, a romantic dinner for two, plus a 30 min massage per couple.
- Relish fantastic eating and drinking options 24 hours a day
- Enjoy spa treatments, water and land sports and more for an adventure-filled break
A couples' special - enjoy the perfect mix of history, local culture and laidback beach retreat for the perfect romantic Cuban experience.
- Enjoy all kind of the Spa treatments, water and land sports at Blau Varadero
- Fantastic views to the ocean from the modern and elegant rooms with balcony or terrace
- The perfect location of Blau Varadero beside the pristine sandy beach
Fall in love with Havana and its heritage before basking on the pristine shores of Varadero
- Stunning hotels in both Havana and Varadero that combine perfectly, offering the best of both worlds for adventure or relaxation
- Little touches to make your holiday extra special, including a welcome cocktail and a bottle of cava upon arrival in Havana and Varadero
- Experience the world famous Varadero beach, where white sand is lapped by the clear waters when staying at Melia Varadero
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Start your holiday at The Melia Habana Hotel, located in the heart of the elegant Miramar district, overlooking the sea....
The Iberostar Parque Central Hotel is the perfect place to feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, and will...
Beautifully perched on the panoramic Mensura Hill, surrounded by striking greenery, this blessed and secluded natural...
This enchanting villa hotel is surrounded by exuberant tropical plants and is perfectly located in a high point towering...
Get away to one of Cuba's best kept secrets for a dream holiday at Club Amigo Atlantico. Guardalavaca is known to host...