Cuba holidays for the lovers of Ceramic Art with Contemporary Exhibition in Havana
Running until the 31st August, Havana's Contemporary Ceramic Art Exhibition will be open to public visitors over the next couple of weeks at the White Hall of the Convent of St. Francisco de Assis in Old Havana, as part of the 20th Biennial of Ceramics.
Those in love with beautifully crafted, handmade, ceramic art will be in luck if they happen to be enjoying Cuba holidays during the next couple of weeks. Much to their delight an exhibition which includes sculptures, installations and projects, organised by the National Museum of Contemporary Cuban Ceramics, will be on display until 31st August in Old Havana at the popular White Hall of the Convent of St. Francisco de Assis.
The exhibition, to be experienced during Cuba holidays as part of the 20th Biennial of Ceramics, includes 39 works by 37 artists and a personal exhibition by Carlos Enrique Prado Herrera, a three-dimensional installation consisting of eight digital impressions.
Artists like Osmani Betancourt, Teresa Sánchez Bravo, Humberto Díaz Pérez, Ioan Carratalá Corrales and Jenny Feal Gomez, among others, are exhibiting their works, which invite reflection on the validity of sculpture and its many applications.
This year the biennial included, for the first time - projects like the work Garden, by Javier Martinez and Tobias Martinez and which earned them the special prize in the contest organized by the Museum on June 15.
Ibis Ana Rivero, a specialist of the institution, highlighted the presence of young artists in this event and the hard effort put by the participants, considering the difficult economic conditions of today, and the shortage of working materials, especially for a discipline such as ceramics.
Organising Committee Chairman of the Biennale, Alejandro Alonso, told AIN that the objective of this event is to boost ceramics being considered as another expression of art.
Each Biennial responds to characteristics of the moments through the development of art in Cuba and is the daughter of the effort made by artists who have chosen this event as the bearer of aesthetic concerns, said Alonso.
For art enthusiasts looking for a bit of art to inspire their Cuba holidays, the exhibition shows the high level of aesthetics achieved by ceramics in Cuba, as well as the diversity of different approaches used by the artists.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Enjoy the long list of fun options for all the family or bask on Varadero's pure white sands
- Sample a host of activities including snorkelling, kayaking, windsurfing, golf and more.
- Located on a gorgeous stretch of Varadero beach.
- Enjoy 24-hour all-inclusive service.
Ideal for trendy couples - stay at a chic and sleek hotel in the heart of vibrant Havana and then move on the shores of Cuba's most famous beach
- Get the honeymoon package with late check out, turn down service, special room upgrade and other services
- Full range of spa treatments for a more relaxing break at Blau Varadero, or a selection of water and land sports to choose from for the more active traveller
- Be swept away by the amazing panoramic views of Havana from the NH Capri's rooftop swimming pool
The unlimited heaven of tranquillity in a perfect setting
- The luxurious 5 star accommodation ensures a comfortable adventure.
- Iberostar Parque Central Hotel is a great base to discover Havana's historic Old Town.
- Activities throughout the day at Iberostar Varadero Hotel , including aerobics, archery, basketball, beach volleyball, football, kayaking and more.
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
Start your Cuban experience at the NH Capri Hotel, one of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the...
Your Cuban experience begins at the memories miramar havana, a 4-star hotel located right at the heart of the classy...
The Iberostar Parque Central Hotel is the perfect place to feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, and will...
Beautifully perched on the panoramic Mensura Hill, surrounded by striking greenery, this blessed and secluded natural...
Get away to one of Cuba's best kept secrets for a dream holiday at Club Amigo Atlantico. Guardalavaca is known to host...
This enchanting villa hotel is surrounded by exuberant tropical plants and is perfectly located in a high point towering...