CHTA will hold 'Taste of the Caribbean' and 'Small Hotels Retreat'
This year two fantastic Caribbean events are due to take place between 9-12 September 2010, in Puerto Rico's Rio Mar Beach Resort, marking the first time 'Taste of the Caribbean' and 'Small Hotels Retreat' take place simultaneously.
This autumn, showcasing the best of Caribbean holidays, the Caribbean Hotel & Tourism Association (CHTA), in conjunction with the Puerto Rico Tourism Company (PRTC), the Puerto Rico Hotel and Tourism Association (PRHTA) and the Puerto Rico Convention Bureau (PRCB) will present two of its annual events simultaneously. The Small Hotels Retreat is due to take place from 9 - 11th Septmeber, 2010 while the Taste of the Caribbean culinary event and regional competition is set to run between 9 - 12th 2010 - both to be held at the Rio Mar Beach Resort, a Wyndham Grand Resort in Rio Grande, Puerto Rico.
"Taste of the Caribbean" is the one Caribbean food and beverage event and competition not to be missed; the one annual event giving attendees the opportunity to network, polish professional skills and cheer on colleagues in competition, before a large audience of industry peers and consumer culinary enthusiasts.
But there’s much more to it than that. Taste of the Caribbean provides education and inspiration on Caribbean holidays through seminars, workshops, tastings and demonstrations, created to enhance performance, style and profitability in food and beverage operations.
On the other hand, the Small Hotels Retreat, "Serving the Needs of Small & Independent Hoteliers," is primarily for small Caribbean hotels consisting of 75 rooms or less however, it is open to all CHTA members. The conference program is designed by small hoteliers specifically for small and independent Caribbean hoteliers. During last year's conference in the U.S. Virgin Islands, a total of 196 delegates participated, of which 88 were hoteliers and seven were hotel association executives. A total of 17 countries were represented at the Small Hotels Retreat in 2009.
The event is created by small hoteliers for hoteliers, focusing on marketing skills, technology, and human resource development. Seminars and round table discussions cover different aspects of those critical areas. In addition, allied members who specialize in serving smaller hospitality operations demonstrate their products and services at the trade show. The Retreat is an informal gathering by design, intended to foster the open exchange of ideas and experiences. The event's informality and networking opportunities allows every hotelier to increase their knowledge on the different Caribbean holidays products by attending the event.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Caribbean and Costa Rica Browse all
Discover Be Live Collection Punta Cana's pristine white beaches, swaying palms and pulsating Latin vibe
Enjoy a fabulous holiday by the sparkling turquoise beaches of Punta Cana where you'll find endless fun as well as plenty of relaxing options
- Enjoy luxury with 24-hour all-inclusive service
- Children stay for half price
- Great selection of dining experiences
Relax on one of the best beaches in the world and enjoy the endless fun this the All Inclusive iberostar tainos
- Relax and unwind at the onsite spa with a variety of treatments and massages on offer
- Enjoy non-motorised watersports including: windsurfing, sailing and snorkeling
- Experience the all-inclusive delights with a choice of four restaurants and five bars
The unlimited heaven of tranquillity in a perfect setting
- The luxurious 5 star accommodation ensures a comfortable adventure.
- Iberostar Parque Central Hotel is a great base to discover Havana's historic Old Town.
- Activities throughout the day at Iberostar Varadero Hotel , including aerobics, archery, basketball, beach volleyball, football, kayaking and more.
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
Enjoy a holiday filled with sun and sand at Be Live Collection Punta Cana. To give you a teaser, expect plenty of...
Start your Cuban experience at the NH Capri Hotel, one of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the...
The Iberostar Parque Central Hotel is the perfect place to feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, and will...
Create unforgettable memories at the heart of Barbados' western coast at a collection of one bedroom apartments. Halcyon...
You can enjoy all the aspects of this charming island at Worthing Court Apartment Hotel, as the elegant eco-friendly...
Beautifully perched on the panoramic Mensura Hill, surrounded by striking greenery, this blessed and secluded natural...