Qatar Airways increase daily flights to Egypt
Middle East airline, Qatar Airways has expanded its flights to Egypt by introducing additional services to Luxor and Alexandria providing passengers with daily flights to both Egypt destinations commencing from August 2010.
Travellers will be able to enjoy a wider choice of flights to Egypt as Qatar Airways expands its services to Luxor and Alexandria. Qatar Airways will be operating daily flights to Luxor and Alexandria from the previous four weekly services and with existing daily flights to Cairo already in place, the airline will now be providing travellers with 21 fights to Egypt each week.
The Alexandria flights commence on 2nd August and the Luxor flights will begin on 1st September 2010. The airline's increase in flights to Egypt allows it to accommodate business and leisure travellers visiting the region and also provide flexible connections to other key destinations including Melbourne, Australia, Europe, the Middle and Far East and the GCC.
Chief Executive Officer of Qatar Airways, Akbar Al Baker, commented:
"We are very pleased to be able to provide daily flights to both Alexandria and Luxor. Added to our daily Boeing 777 services to Cairo, Qatar Airways now offers customers a fantastic service across Egypt.
"The International Air Transport Association (IATA) has highlighted Africa as one of the most important growth markets for aviation over the next 20 years, and Qatar Airways is committed to making further inroads into this dynamic continent to take advantage of the tremendous opportunities available."
Mr Al Baker added: "On behalf of Qatar Airways, I would like to applaud the Egyptian authorities for their efforts in making these latest route enhancements possible."
The additional flights to Egypt will be operated by Airbus A320 aircraft and will be able to seat 144 passengers with First Class and Economy Class categories. This year, Qatar Airways has launched seven new routes from its hub in Doha including Tokyo, Sao Paulo, Barcelona, Copenhagen, Bangalore, and Buenos Aires.
The airline is planning on expanding its international network during a four-month period this October and will be introducing six new routes from Doha to Bucharest, Brussels, Budapest, Nice, Hanoi, and Phuket.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Relax and unwind at this stunning resort without having to dig deep in your pocket
- Luxury and comfortable accommodations with a spectacular views of the crystal blue Arabian Gulf
- A fantastic all-inclusive programme with great entertainment options including kids and teen club
- Enjoy the secluded, glorious location on the beautiful, tranquil and pristine Marjan Island
Treat your family to an unforgettable adventure at the world's most extravagant aquatic hotel!
- Free access to Aquaventure and Lost Chambers
- Experience the culinary gourmet adventure with over 22 world-class restaurants, lounges and bars including the Michelin star restaurant Nobu
- Exciting marine and entertainment attractions that the whole family can enjoy
- Free Half Board with a wide range of dining options
Peace, relaxation and luxury come as standard in this amazing Indian Ocean getaway
- Easy access to the buzzing capital city of Male, where you can extend your experience of the Maldives
- Benefit from water bungalows that allow unfettered access to the ocean waters and feature private sun decks
- The main restaurants’ theme nights highlight cuisines from around the world ranging from Asian to Western dishes
Use up to $2000 resort credit to indulge in spa treatments, golf sessions or a selection of excursions that will make your Cancun holiday truly unforgettable.
- Duran Duran in concert at Moon Palace on 29th December (tickets additional cost)
- Winner of the Trip Advisor 2015 Travellers Choice Award
- Enjoy the impressive $2000 Resort Credit per booking that you can spend on golf, spa treatments, dolphin swims, visit to Chichen Itza, Express Tour of Tulum, Family fun days out at the Wet 'N' Wild Waterpark and much more
- Whether you are looking for an active holiday or a relaxing break, Moon Palace Resort is an ideal destination for travellers of all ages
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Start your holiday at The Melia Habana Hotel, located in the heart of the elegant Miramar district, overlooking the sea....
The Iberostar Parque Central Hotel is the perfect place to feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, and will...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
Situated right at the heart of the Port Rashid district, the Hilton Garden Inn Dubai Al Mina sits ideally between the...
Located in the city centre business district, the DoubleTree by Hilton Ras Al Khaimah combines stylish accommodation and...