EasyJet launch Gatwick flights to Luxor from November
EasyJet has announced that they will be providing more options for travellers visiting Egypt with the introduction of weekly flights to Luxor in Egypt from November 2010 in addition to the airline's existing cheap Sharm el Sheikh flights.
EasyJet has announced that it will be launching weekly flights to Luxor, Egypt from London Gatwick from November. The UK airline will be entering a market which has been led by charter carriers up until now, as it looks to compete against tour operators who offer Egypt and Sharm el Sheikh holidays for travellers.
Thomson, Monarch, and Thomas Cook have been the providers of flights to Luxor from Gatwick airport until recently and charters also operate flights from Bristol, Birmingham and Manchester airports.
UK Managing Director of TUI Travel, Dermot Blastland said: "Egypt is a long way to travel on a budget carrier with no in-flight entertainment and minimal leg-room, and sourcing accommodation in southern Egypt is not as straightforward as somewhere like Spain. We remain confident we have the right product for the market."
EasyJet currently provides cheap Sharm el Sheikh flights from London Gatwick, Manchester and Luton to travellers and the new five-hour Luxor route will provide more options for travellers booking luxury Egypt holidays.
UK Regional Manager of EasyJet, Paul Simmons, commented: "Our previous entries into Egypt have been very successful despite the views of charter operators. We expect our service from Gatwick to Luxor to have a similar impact."
The weekly cheap Sharm el Sheikh flights from UK airports enable travellers to visit the Egypt resort throughout the year where they can enjoy diving holidays in the Red Sea, or relaxing breaks in the ancient fishing destination and the new Luxor flights will provide more choices for EasyJet customers travelling to Egypt.
The new Luxor flights will depart from London Gatwick twice a week on Mondays and Wednesday and prices start from £127.81 for a return trip including taxes. The new route is expected to attract business visitors travelling to Egypt.
Luxor is rich in history and culture and offers numerous sights and attractions for travellers on Egypt holidays. Visitors can explore the city's delights and visit the Valley of the Kings, Luxor Temple, Tombs of the Nobles and much more during their holidays in Egypt.
The low-cost UK airline will also be adding twice weekly flights to Paphos and flights to Cologne four times a week from November, 2010.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Luxor Browse all
Take in magnificent views of the Nile, visit the Karnak Temple and explore the town of Luxor whilst staying in comfort.
- Wide choice of restaurants will please everyone: enjoy the sunset at Sundowner Terrace located direct to the Nile
- A beautiful setting on the banks of the Nile, just 3km from Karnak Temple, and 18km from the airport
- Wonderful for sports enthusiasts, who can combine the wonder of Luxor with an opportunity to play many different sports
Built in 1886 to host nobility, this hotel exudes historic beauty and European charm, with excellent facilities to match
- Superb dining facilities including 1886, an a la carte restaurant, La Corniche for breakfasts and dinner and El Nakheel for snacks by the pool
- The hotel gardens allow guests to relax in beautiful surroundings complete with a large swimming pool or enjoy a cocktail on the terrace as the sun sets over the Nile
- Squash and tennis court as well as live entertainment to cater for all tastes
Ideally located on the eastern bank of the Nile, the hotel offers an oasis of luxury with excellent facilities and beautiful views across the Nile
- This hotel is a haven of relaxation where you can lie back in a sun lounge immersed in one of the hotel's infinity pools or relax in a shaded hammock and take in the views
- There are seven restaurants and bars to chose from including the elegant Sunset Lounge and Terrace which serves cocktails and snacks as well as stunning sunset views
- The Hilton Luxor features contemporary guest rooms, excellent facilities and uninterrupted views across the Nile
Sail the mighty River Nile, see the world's largest open air museum in Luxor and Discover the Great Pyramids of Giza in Cairo, the treasures of bygone days
- Enjoy the spectacular views of the River Nile from the Sun Deck of the Swiss Inn Radamis II
- Great Pyramids of Giza only a stone throw away from the Mercure Le Sphinx
- Discover the World's largest open air museum in Luxor whilst staying at the Karnak Temple
Venture to the land of the Pharaohs of yore for an unforgettable eight days of leisure and adventure. Luxor is one of...
Le Meridien Pyramids is beautifully located offering unmatched views of the ancient Pyramids of Giza. Set just a short...
The Swiss Inn Superior Radamis I is a first class Nile Cruise ship which offers a voyage of luxury and discovery. On...
Enjoying a central location in Luxor, directly on the banks of the Nile and within 10 min walking distance from Luxor...
Experience the thrill of a jaunt to the famous Valley of the Kings as you explore one of Egypt's touristic gems, Luxor....
The popularity of the city of Luxor as one of the treasure troves of historical ruins in Egypt is well known. Grab this...