Mayan Resorts' Riviera Maya hotel receive EarthCheck certification
A luxury Riviera Maya hotel received the EarthCheck Gold Certification. Mayan Resorts for the fifth year in a row after excelling in affiliation and benchmarking for its efforts in conservation practices, cultural traditions and support local communities.
A Riviera Maya hotel has received the EarthCheck Gold Certification for Mayan Resorts for the fifth consecutive year after excelling in the categories for affiliation, benchmarking and certification.
Since 2004, Mayan Resorts have received the certification for four of its luxury properties in Puerto Vallarta, Acapulco and Riviera Maya.
The most recent property to receive the award was the Mayan Resorts' Riviera Maya hotel in Los Cabos in July 2009. The certification was awarded to the eco-friendly resort for its efforts in environmental conservation practices, cultural traditions, and support of local communities. The certification also includes areas in every aspect of hotel operations and development including construction, restaurants, golf courses, transportation, and landscaping.
EarthCheck is an international certification for sustainable tourism which operates its own certification standard. It is trusted by 1,000 organisations in over 60 countries and companies who receive the certification are recognised as being sustainable.
Mayan Resorts' operate strict conservation practices which include protection local flora and fauna, recycling programs, and resort employee evaluations for efforts in plantings, conservation, beach clean ups and teaching children the importance of looking after the environment.
Director of Hotel Operations for Mayan Resorts, Eric Du Baele, said:
"We are extremely proud that our resorts have earned the prestigious EarthCheck Certification. To earn this honour, each property must demonstrate sustainability practices throughout the resort, from golf course design and maintenance to restaurants to protection of our treasured wildlife. This is a top priority for Mayan Resorts and we are gratified to be recognized for our hard work."
The luxury all inclusive Caribbean resort, Grand Maya Riviera Maya, provides guests with luxury Riviera Maya holidays within stunning natural surroundings. With world-class facilities and a location rich in history and culture, guests can relax and enjoy endless activities and high end service during their stay at the luxury Riviera Maya hotel.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 10:30 - 18:30 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
A resort where there is something for everyone
- FAMILY PACKAGES for a family of 2 adults & 2 kids below 12
- A fantastic all-inclusive programme with great the entertainment options including kids and teen club
- up to 2 children eat and stay for free
Ideal for trendy couples - stay at a chic and sleek hotel in the heart of vibrant Havana and then Stay next to Cuba's famous Varadero beach
- Blau Varadero offers something for everyone with as little or as much as you want to do on offer including a spa
- Exclusive Couples offer - Welcome Cocktail, 1 hour free Wifi Access in Havana plus a bottle of wine on arrival, 30-minute massage and a Romantic Dinner in Varadero
- Be swept away by the amazing views of Havana from Capri's rooftop pool
Peace, relaxation and luxury come as standard in this amazing Indian Ocean getaway
- Easy access to the buzzing capital city of Male, where you can extend your experience of the Maldives
- Benefit from water bungalows that allow unfettered access to the ocean waters and feature private sun decks
- The main restaurants’ theme nights highlight cuisines from around the world ranging from Asian to Western dishes
Use up to $2000 resort credit to indulge in spa treatments, golf sessions or a selection of excursions that will make your Cancun holiday truly unforgettable.
- Duran Duran in concert at Moon Palace on 29th December (tickets additional cost)
- Winner of the Trip Advisor 2015 Travellers Choice Award
- Enjoy the impressive $2000 Resort Credit per booking that you can spend on golf, spa treatments, dolphin swims, visit to Chichen Itza, Express Tour of Tulum, Family fun days out at the Wet 'N' Wild Waterpark and much more
- Whether you are looking for an active holiday or a relaxing break, Moon Palace Resort is an ideal destination for travellers of all ages
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Start your holiday at The Melia Habana Hotel, located in the heart of the elegant Miramar district, overlooking the sea....
The Iberostar Parque Central Hotel is the perfect place to feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, and will...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
Situated right at the heart of the Port Rashid district, the Hilton Garden Inn Dubai Al Mina sits ideally between the...
Located in the city centre business district, the DoubleTree by Hilton Ras Al Khaimah combines stylish accommodation and...