Cuba holidays to be explored at the International Convention on Tourism Studies to be held in the island
The first ever the International Convention on Tourism Studies will be held in Havana from the 12th - 16th July 2010 with the participation of 14 nations and 150 Cuban representatives who will be exploring the latest issues affecting the tourism industry.
The growth of Cuba holidays will be one of the main topics to be explored during the first ever International Convention on Tourism Studies, which will run from 12th July through to the 16th at Havana's Convention Centre.
On behalf of the professional teachers attending the convention, Ramon Martin, Dean of the Faculty of Tourism of the University of Havana (UH), announced that, so far, 168 delegates and experts from 14 nations and 150 from Cuba have confirmed their attendance.
Martin also went on to explain that themes on the agenda will include where the future of Cuba holidays is heading, tourism of congresses, organisation and management, trips and incentives, commercialisation and technological innovation, among others.
A total of 65 papers on various tourism topics will be debated, and there will also be lectures, round tables and a trade fair, as well as the presentation of the 3rd Hall of Events, the International Seminar on Tourism and Trips and the 5th International Workshop on Training.
The programme will also include visits to Las Terrazas community, on Cuba's western Pinar del Rio province, and to the famous and ever-popular Varadero beach resort, one of the main destinations world travellers head to when taking Cuba holidays. Both are excellent spots for recreation and relaxation.
The meeting is being organised by Cuba'sTourism Ministry (MINTUR), the Convention Centre and the UH and its main aim, besides exploring the potential and future of Cuba holidays is to educate and be educated through their interaction with participating countries. Thus Cuba expects to teach as well as be taught, and gain fresh knowledge and perspective from different nations, their different approaches to tourism and hear their predictions for the travel and tourism sector.
Around the days in which the International Convention on Tourism Studies will be held Cuba will also be celebrating the 20th anniversary of the beginning of tourism studies at the University of Havana, a member of the event’s Organising Committee revealed.
The Caribbean island's tourism infrastructure currently accounts with some 300 Cuba hotels and 50,000 rooms, eight areas for recreational development and over two million foreign visitors a year. Further development resorts and the addition of new hotels are also on the pipeline for the near future.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Enjoy the long list of fun options for all the family or bask on Varadero's pure white sands
- Sample a host of activities including snorkelling, kayaking, windsurfing, golf and more.
- Located on a gorgeous stretch of Varadero beach.
- Enjoy 24-hour all-inclusive service.
Ideal for trendy couples - stay at a chic and sleek hotel in the heart of vibrant Havana and then move on the shores of Cuba's most famous beach
- Get the honeymoon package with late check out, turn down service, special room upgrade and other services
- Full range of spa treatments for a more relaxing break at Blau Varadero, or a selection of water and land sports to choose from for the more active traveller
- Be swept away by the amazing panoramic views of Havana from the NH Capri's rooftop swimming pool
Fall in love with Havana and its heritage before basking on the pristine shores of Varadero
- Experience the world famous Varadero beach, where white sand is lapped by the azure waters when staying at Melia Varadero
- Stunning hotels in both Havana and Varadero that combine perfectly, offering the best of both worlds for adventure or relaxation
- Little touches to make your holiday extra special, including a welcome cocktail and a bottle of cava upon arrival in Havana and Varadero
Relax on one of the best beaches in the world and enjoy the endless fun this the All Inclusive iberostar tainos
- Relax and unwind at the onsite spa with a variety of treatments and massages on offer
- Enjoy non-motorised watersports including: windsurfing, sailing and snorkeling
- Experience the all-inclusive delights with a choice of four restaurants and five bars
Start your Cuban experience at the NH Capri Hotel, one of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the...
Your Cuban experience begins at the memories miramar havana, a 4-star hotel located right at the heart of the classy...
The Iberostar Parque Central Hotel is the perfect place to feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, and will...
Beautifully perched on the panoramic Mensura Hill, surrounded by striking greenery, this blessed and secluded natural...
Get away to one of Cuba's best kept secrets for a dream holiday at Club Amigo Atlantico. Guardalavaca is known to host...
This enchanting villa hotel is surrounded by exuberant tropical plants and is perfectly located in a high point towering...