Fishy Cuba holidays announced for October with International Fishing Tournament
Debuting for the first time ever, the Jardines del Rey International Tournament is scheduled to take place in Cayo Guillermo as professionals and amateurs joint to compete in the capturing of various marine species with the 'tag and release" method.
For the delight of fishing enthusiasts planning Cuba holidays, the first edition of the Jardines del Rey International Tournament will be held in Cayo Guillermo making use of the marine and fishery potential of the northern part of this beautiful area which will have a yearly basis. In the event, professional or amateur anglers, associated or not with fishing clubs. And Associations who wish to learn more about the sea and its species are invited to participate.
The fishing tournament will take place at Jardines del Rey International Marina of Cayo Guillermo from October 18th to October 22nd of 2010.
The event will consider the capture of species such as: blue marlin, sailfish, wahoo and dolphin fish. The permitted fishing line will be 50 pounds and the notification of a tag and release or a capture will be informed to the marina control centre stating the time, the number of the team and the area where it occurred Eeach crew will Carrie a disposable camera that will be delivered to the jury at the end of the day.
The boats will be those used by MARLIN and fishing yachts from 33 to 52 feet equipped with six lines each.
When it comes to the Registration Fees for the event, hiring a boat will cost 1.800 CUC for three (3) full fishing days and one (1) half fishing day.
The Registration Fee will include the following:
- Specialided crew
- Fishing gear
- Light food and drinks
- Fishing license
The Registration for the Tournament on the other hand costs 350.00 CUC per team from one to four anglers and includes:
- Credentials and official event schedule.
- Welcome cocktail
- Closing ceremony activities
First, second and third places: (according to the scores.) The first capture will be awarded and also the biggest dolphin fish. The team award consists in all cases of silverware work of arts related to fishing. Varying its value according to the place obtained and accompanied with typical Cuban souvenirs.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Enjoy the long list of fun options for all the family or bask on Varadero's pure white sands
- Sample a host of activities including snorkelling, kayaking, windsurfing, golf and more.
- Located on a gorgeous stretch of Varadero beach.
- Enjoy 24-hour all-inclusive service.
Lifelong memories await for you in the pristine beaches of Varadero and one of Havana's most iconic hotels
- Indulge in a number of all-inclusive restaurants at Iberostar Tainos, from delicious Japanese cuisine to international fine-dining experiences
- Capture the 1950's swing vibe when staying at Habana Riviera Hotel steeped in history with the lobby bar in particular having a genuine 50's atmosphere
- Why not to upgrade your arrival transfer to an american vintage car for an extra £19 per person
Relax on one of the best beaches in the world and enjoy the endless fun this the All Inclusive iberostar tainos
- Relax and unwind at the onsite spa with a variety of treatments and massages on offer
- Enjoy non-motorised watersports including: windsurfing, sailing and snorkeling
- Experience the all-inclusive delights with a choice of four restaurants and five bars
The unlimited heaven of tranquillity in a perfect setting
- The luxurious 5 star accommodation ensures a comfortable adventure.
- Iberostar Parque Central Hotel is a great base to discover Havana's historic Old Town.
- Activities throughout the day at Iberostar Varadero Hotel , including aerobics, archery, basketball, beach volleyball, football, kayaking and more.
Start your Cuban experience at the NH Capri Hotel, one of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the...
Your Cuban experience begins at the memories miramar havana, a 4-star hotel located right at the heart of the classy...
The Iberostar Parque Central Hotel is the perfect place to feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, and will...
Beautifully perched on the panoramic Mensura Hill, surrounded by striking greenery, this blessed and secluded natural...
Get away to one of Cuba's best kept secrets for a dream holiday at Club Amigo Atlantico. Guardalavaca is known to host...
This enchanting villa hotel is surrounded by exuberant tropical plants and is perfectly located in a high point towering...