Major National Park Plans will boost Eco Tourism in Barbados
Eco-friendly travellers taking Barbados holidays will be pleased of the recently announced news by the Barbados government that plans for a National Park which will stretch from the north to the east of the Caribbean island, are now a priority.
The Barbados Government has announced plans to develop a National Park on the stunning Caribbean island which will bring an increase in travellers enjoying green holidays and a welcome boost in eco-tourism in Barbados. The proposed new National Park would run from the north to the south of the island, from Archer's Bay in St Lucy, to Consett Bay in St John.
According to the Dr. Denis Lowe, the Minister of the Environment, Water Resources and Drainage, the National Park would strive to ensure that the development activities would use sustainable land management approaches during the process and residents will continue to enjoy a high quality of life with as little disruption as possible. Dr Lowe said:
"Accordingly, communities will be encouraged to boost their livelihoods in a way that is not detrimental to the local ecology, through the employment of a number of policy measures."
The Soil Conservation Unit was put in place by the Barbados government and has been operating for over 50 years in the Scotland District of Barbados. The project has been employing engineering techniques to monitor the soil integrity and stability in the district to enable the successful implementation of the proposed National Park.
The National Park will not only prove to be beneficial to local residents with the growth and development of fishing communities, but also to the island's tourism sector as it will attract an increase in nature loving and eco-friendly travellers to book Barbados holidays.
As well as white sandy pristine beaches, sparkling azure waters, endless water activities, luxury accommodation and an all year round tropical climate, tourists on holidays in Barbados will be able to enjoy nature activities including hiking and observation of wildlife species including flora and fauna of the National Park.
After turbulent times in the Caribbean travel sector over the last 12 months due to the global recession, flight strikes, and volcanic ash cloud chaos, the news of the proposed National Park is welcomed by many.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 10:30 - 18:30 GMT
Popular Holidays In Barbados Browse all
Located on the south coast of Barbados with breathtaking ocean views is where Butterfly Beach can be located
- Walking distance to Oistins Bay where the popular Oistins Fish Fry is held every Friday night
- Award winning family hotel with many repeat guests over the years
- Summer Sale on - with savings of upto 15% for travel up until 2019
The Rostrevor Hotel is a great value, family-run hotel on a prime beachfront setting in St Lawrence Gap , the fashionable and lively strip of Barbados
- September Sale now on with discounts of up to 15% off all rooms and a Special offer in Superior Ocean Front Studios
- Easy access to the shops, bars & restaurants of fashionable St. Lawrence Gap
- Boasts several Trip Advisor Certificates of Excellence and a 2016 Travellers' Choice Award
Discover intimate and traditional Bajan flavours at The Club Barbados Resort and Spa
- Save up to 30% off in all room categories
- Plus save an additional £300 per booking with The Club Barbados Flash Sale
- Adults-Only, All Inclusive Resort located on the West Coast of Barbados
- Ambient and Tranquil Resort that has a signature Spa, two restaurants & three bars including a true Bajan rum shop
Enjoy Turtle Beach by Elegant Hotels, the all-suite resort thats warm service and superb facilities that complete a fun-filled holiday to beautiful Barbados
- Beachfront Property a short walk from the popular St Lawrence Gap
- Kids 16 and under stay, play and eat free
- Enjoy five onsite restaurants and bars, or dine-around privileges at other participating Elegant Hotels
Visit the beautiful south coast of Barbados and spend 7 days relaxing at the charming Butterfly Beach Hotel which is...
Escape to the pristine beaches of the south coast of Barbados for a holiday you will never forget at Coconut Court Beach...
Set in lush gardens beside the azure waters of the Caribbean Sea, The Club Barbados is a tranquil and relaxing haven....
Create unforgettable memories at the heart of Barbados' western coast at a collection of one bedroom apartments. Halcyon...
You can enjoy all the aspects of this charming island at Worthing Court Apartment Hotel, as the elegant eco-friendly...
Come to the beautiful island of Barbados and feel the magic of the Caribbean sun. Seven rejuvenating days in the...