Grupo Mayan Resorts achieves Earthcheck certification for Mexican and Riviera Maya hotels
Leading hotel and resort chain, Grupo Mayan Resorts are proving their commitment to sustainable tourism at their Los Cabos, Acapulco and Riviera Maya hotels by investing further resources into environmental procedures and achieve EarthCheck certification.
Grupo Mayan Resorts have succeeded in raising the bar for Green Mexican and Riviera Maya hotels by committing themselves to practicing environmental procedures and completing all three required steps to receive EarthCheck certification.
EarthCheck is an international certification for sustainable tourism and the award is granted to over 1000 hotels in more that 60 countries across the world. Certification is awarded after the three step process which involves affiliation, benchmarking (which indicates environmental impact and operational efficiency), and certification which is the last step once two onsite visits have been carried out.
Grupo Mayan Resorts has ensured that their Mexico and Riviera Maya hotels follow strict measures regarding energy and waste conservation, air and noise controls, and that the properties meet the sustainability practices and legislation criteria. The Grupo Mayan Resorts properties provide excellent Riviera Maya holidays for environmentally aware travellers from all over the world and set an example for other Mexican and Riviera Maya hotels to provide sustainable tourism solutions.
General Manager of the Vallarta Resort, Richard Vallin, said:
"What's great about Grupo Mayan is that they pair luxury with an eco-friendly mission. "We have played an instrumental role in the eco-tourism market here in Mexico by ensuring that our hotels are beneficial to the environment and the local community and economy as well."
Tourists on holidays in Cancun and Mexico can enjoy a range of green activities at the Grupo Mayan Resorts including protection of the marine turtle at the hotel group's Acapulco and Riviera Maya hotels. From October until December, guests can witness and take part in the extraordinary experience of the sea turtle laying eggs on the beaches of the Mayan Palace Resort and then freeing them back into the sea once they are hatched.
The hotels and resorts feature green amenities and facilities including hotel rooms with water conserving toilets and showers, electricity saving levels for in-room air conditioning and lighting, special effective laundry agents which allow staff to wash lines at a lower temperature, and the use of recycled water to water the resort's golf greens.
Future environmental efforts will involve introducing solar heating systems to heat the resort's water and swimming pool facilities and environmentally- friendly LED lighting.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays Browse all
Make your trip to Phuket one to remember at romantic and secluded Rawai beach
- Perfect for families or couples searching for their own slice of paradise
- Complimentary shuttle services to Ya Nui beach, Nai Harn beach and Kata beach
- Free upgrade to Deluxe Pool Access
Spend wonderful days exploring India's most iconic landmarks, diving deep into a world of wonder with a wealth of spectacular sights to discover
- Immersive tour that will introduce you to India - Home to the cities of Delhi, Agra and Jaipur, the golden triangle is an area of extraordinary cultural wealth and splendour
- Experience the bustling street life of Delhi, a city like no other, with teeming bazaars and the Great Mosque in Old Delhi
- Visit Jaipur's Hawa Mahal, an icon of Rajashtani architecture and the ethereally beautiful Taj Mahal of Agra
Peace, relaxation and luxury come as standard in this amazing Indian Ocean getaway
- Easy access to the buzzing capital city of Male, where you can extend your experience of the Maldives
- Benefit from water bungalows that allow unfettered access to the ocean waters and feature private sun decks
- The main restaurants’ theme nights highlight cuisines from around the world ranging from Asian to Western dishes
Use up to $2000 resort credit to indulge in spa treatments, golf sessions or a selection of excursions that will make your Cancun holiday truly unforgettable.
- Duran Duran in concert at Moon Palace on 29th December (tickets additional cost)
- Winner of the Trip Advisor 2015 Travellers Choice Award
- Enjoy the impressive $2000 Resort Credit per booking that you can spend on golf, spa treatments, dolphin swims, visit to Chichen Itza, Express Tour of Tulum, Family fun days out at the Wet 'N' Wild Waterpark and much more
- Whether you are looking for an active holiday or a relaxing break, Moon Palace Resort is an ideal destination for travellers of all ages
Combine exploring the old dimes of Havana with a refreshing beach retreat in Vardero on an unforgettable twin centre...
Start your holiday at The Melia Habana Hotel, located in the heart of the elegant Miramar district, overlooking the sea....
The Iberostar Parque Central Hotel is the perfect place to feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, and will...
Situated just minutes from the Bugibba promenade, Sunflower hotel enjoys an excellent location in the popular area of...
Situated right at the heart of the Port Rashid district, the Hilton Garden Inn Dubai Al Mina sits ideally between the...
Located in the city centre business district, the DoubleTree by Hilton Ras Al Khaimah combines stylish accommodation and...