Cuba holidays for those attending Vietnam Film Week in Havana
Vietnamese visitors travelling to Havana for the screening of the Vietnamese film 'Don't Burn' during the Vietnam Film Week Festival being held in the city will be treated to fabulous Cuba holidays with a series of planned tours and events.
Those enjoying Cuba holidays in June could be attending the Vietnam Film Week, which will be taking place on the island in its capital city of Havana.
According to a VietnamPlus article posted on Saigon Daily, the opening movie has now been chosen and is likely to entertain many of the travellers who will be on a special tour to Havana between the first and fifth of the month. Flying out to Cuba holidays as part of the Vietnam Culture Week, many Vietnamese tourists will be able to take in the wonders of Havana city while attending the festival.
Dung Dot - translated as Don't Burn - is directed by Dang Nhat Minh and is the movie that will kick-start the festival, alongside other pictures from noted filmmakers such as Nguyen Vinh Son and Pham Nhue Giang.
The Vietnam Film Week in Havana is part of this year’s cultural activities to mark the 60th anniversary of the establishment of the Vietnam-Cuba diplomatic ties, founded on 2nd December, 1950.
Apart from “Dung dot”, other famous films of Vietnam, including “Chuyen cua Pao” (Pao’s story) directed by Ngo Quang Khai, “Trang noi day gieng” (The moon at the bottom of the well) by Nguyen Vinh Son and “Thung lung hoang vang” (The deserted valley) by Pham Nhue Giang will also be shown in Cuba on this occasion.
According to the Granma daily of the Communist Party of Cuba, “Dung dot” was the best movie of Vietnam’s cinematography in 2009 which won six Golden Kite Awards.
Culture vultures on their way to Cuba holidays during this week could also take the time check out the International Poetry Festival, which lasts until 30th May and takes place in many municipalities across Havana's outer cities including Bejucal, San Jose de las Lajas and Artemisa.
Cubarte has also reported that the 28th of this month of May is exclusively reserved for a day devoted to Havana, while readings, various events and things to see and do will be on offer throughout the city for those on Cuba holidays to get a real taste of the country's legendary capital.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 21:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Enjoy the long list of fun options for all the family or bask on Varadero's pure white sands
- Sample a host of activities including snorkelling, kayaking, windsurfing, golf and more.
- Located on a gorgeous stretch of Varadero beach.
- Enjoy 24-hour all-inclusive service.
Ideal for trendy couples - stay at a chic and sleek hotel in the heart of vibrant Havana and then move on the shores of Cuba's most famous beach
- Get the honeymoon package with late check out, turn down service, special room upgrade and other services
- Full range of spa treatments for a more relaxing break at Blau Varadero, or a selection of water and land sports to choose from for the more active traveller
- Be swept away by the amazing panoramic views of Havana from the NH Capri's rooftop swimming pool
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana, staying in the residence of the 'stars', with a relaxing beach holiday in Cuba's world famous resort, Varadero
- Nacional De Cuba hotel is considered a symbol of history, culture and Cuban identity
- Iberostar Laguna Azul offers 15 bars and restaurants, and worldwide cuisines
- Enjoy watersports including windsurfing, sailing, kayaking, paddleboats, and snorkelling
The unlimited heaven of tranquillity in a perfect setting
- The luxurious 5 star accommodation ensures a comfortable adventure.
- Iberostar Parque Central Hotel is a great base to discover Havana's historic Old Town.
- Activities throughout the day at Iberostar Varadero Hotel , including aerobics, archery, basketball, beach volleyball, football, kayaking and more.
Start your Cuban experience at the NH Capri Hotel, one of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the...
Your Cuban experience begins at the memories miramar havana, a 4-star hotel located right at the heart of the classy...
The Iberostar Parque Central Hotel is the perfect place to feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, and will...
Beautifully perched on the panoramic Mensura Hill, surrounded by striking greenery, this blessed and secluded natural...
Get away to one of Cuba's best kept secrets for a dream holiday at Club Amigo Atlantico. Guardalavaca is known to host...
This enchanting villa hotel is surrounded by exuberant tropical plants and is perfectly located in a high point towering...