Dealchecker.co.uk reports Cuba holidays to be "The Next Holiday Destination"
The popular travel comparison site, dealchecker.co.uk has recently published a resort in which they predict Cuba holidays to become one of the most sought-after holiday destinations in the Caribbean, as reflected by the increasing interest on the island.
It's no secret that Cuba has been quietly and steadily getting its tourism act together for several years now, and now it looks like summer 2010 is set to become the biggest year so far for Cuba holidays, according to a statement published by UK website dealchecker.co.uk.
Having been closed to the outside world during the early years of the revolution, Cuba has (for a while now) been opening its doors to tourism and it seems that travellers are more than eager to flock there in droves. And with the weather being fantastic all-year-round and the people wonderfully warm and friendly, it's no wonder Cuba holidays are becoming the next big thing in the Caribbean holiday market. To top it all, enhancing the Cuba holiday experience for many travellers is the fact that everywhere you go the air is filled with music and the atmosphere has an intoxicating vibrancy.
Of course the fact that the country also is the largest island in the West Indies and the fact that this peculiar country is located in the Caribbean, provides a delightful backdrop to all this, and low cost flights to Cuba have made Cuba holidays much more accessible to a large group of travellers. “Not so long ago, Cuba was a pretty low profile destination, perhaps suffering somewhat because of its communist status,” explains cheap flights and low cost holidays site dealchecker.co.uk Ecommerce Director Troy Collins.
“But in recent years the public’s acceptance of Cuba as a fantastic holiday destination alongside its Caribbean neighbours now means that the magic, music, mystery and romance of Cuba are as likely option as any other in the region.” - he added.
It's a known fact that Cuba holidays deliver much so more than sun, white powdery sands and turquoise beaches. Because the country was a communist stronghold for so many years, there's also a real flavour of the 1950s which can be tasted on Cuba holidays. The cars, the architecture and the mixture of some old-age colonial infrastructure adds to the charm and proves that in some respects Cuba it's a country lost in time, trapped in the mid-20th century.
In other respects it's a thoroughly modern, vibrant place and the tourist facilities, most of which are brand new or only a few years old, are as good as you'll find anywhere in the Caribbean. The combination of old and new, modern and traditional is a highly attractive one and this year dealchecker.co.uk has noticed a distinct rise in the popularity of Cuba holidays and low cost flights to Cuba.
“We've been slightly surprised by the demand we've experienced so far” says Collins. “Perhaps it's the low cost of flights and the bargain holidays available, or perhaps the news about Cuba's unique character and flavour is spreading. Whatever the reason, 2010 is looking like Cuba's biggest year yet.”
Founded in June 2005. dealchecker.co.uk is the UK’s leading flight, accommodation, holiday and car hire price comparison service. The company partners are industry leaders offering the most competitive market travel deals. However it must be noted that dealchecker.co.uk is purely a comparison site and not a tour operator or travel agent as it does not sell any travel products. When a travel selection is made, the final transaction is completed in real-time, direct with the operator or agent that the customer has chosen. Alongside the price comparison search and Real Deals the website provides a price tracker, travel tips, destination content and weather trends.
Talk to a specialist
Call 020 7644 1770 to speak with our award-winning travel consultants.
Opening hours 09:00 - 20:00 GMT
Popular Holidays In Cuba Browse all
Enjoy the long list of fun options for all the family or bask on Varadero's pure white sands
- Sample a host of activities including snorkelling, kayaking, windsurfing, golf and more.
- Located on a gorgeous stretch of Varadero beach.
- Enjoy 24-hour all-inclusive service.
Lifelong memories await for you in the pristine beaches of Varadero and one of Havana's most iconic hotels
- Indulge in a number of all-inclusive restaurants at Iberostar Tainos, from delicious Japanese cuisine to international fine-dining experiences
- Capture the 1950's swing vibe when staying at Habana Riviera Hotel steeped in history with the lobby bar in particular having a genuine 50's atmosphere
- Why not to upgrade your arrival transfer to an american vintage car for an extra £19 per person
The unlimited heaven of tranquillity in a perfect setting
- The luxurious 5 star accommodation ensures a comfortable adventure.
- Iberostar Parque Central Hotel is a great base to discover Havana's historic Old Town.
- Activities throughout the day at Iberostar Varadero Hotel , including aerobics, archery, basketball, beach volleyball, football, kayaking and more.
Combine colourful and vibrant Havana with a relaxing beach holiday in an award winning resort on the shores of Varadero
- Three freshwater pools including four whirlpools and signature swim-up pool bar at Royalton Hicacos ensure an unforgettable holiday
- Enjoy complimentary pool-based dive courses on offer for beginners and experience one free daily dive at the Royalton Hicacos
- Discover Havana by day visit the historial sites and by night you can listen to live music or dance to the Salsa beat
- Book early and benifit from huge early bird summer discounts!
Start your Cuban experience at the NH Capri Hotel, one of Havana’s most historically popular mafia-run hotels of the...
Your Cuban experience begins at the memories miramar havana, a 4-star hotel located right at the heart of the classy...
The Iberostar Parque Central Hotel is the perfect place to feel Cuba's beating heart and pulsating rhythms, and will...
Beautifully perched on the panoramic Mensura Hill, surrounded by striking greenery, this blessed and secluded natural...
Get away to one of Cuba's best kept secrets for a dream holiday at Club Amigo Atlantico. Guardalavaca is known to host...
This enchanting villa hotel is surrounded by exuberant tropical plants and is perfectly located in a high point towering...